Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Two flusher.........now that's substance.........more so than trump provides for his country....out of control....
Hardee, har, har.

God bless America. God bless Trump!
Old 07-06-2020, 06:19 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
Hardee, har, har.

God bless America. God bless Trump!
Don't forget his little brother too....tropical trump!

Simply great world leaders

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-06-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
de·fy
/dəˈfī/
Learn to pronounce
verb
gerund or present participle: defying
openly resist or refuse to obey.
"a woman who defies convention"
(of a thing) make (an action or quality) almost impossible.
"his actions defy belief"

One more time. The governor controls health issues as they are a state responsibility. The governor had lifted restrictions on public gatherings. Some health experts had suggested it was a bad idea. Trump and the governor disagreed. He was not defying he was ignoring.
Also if you look at the links I posted above you can also see that not all public health officials are against all gatherings. If they had been a little more consistent in their advice perhaps both Trump and the governor would have taken the advice.

You forgot to copy part of that :P
de·fy
/dəˈfī/
verb
past tense: defied; past participle: defied

As well as, ignored, disregarded, brushed off, dismissed, flouted, pooh-poohed, shrugged off, rejected. Any way you look at it, Trump did and does, all of the above.

In your attempt to put words in my mouth and correct my English, you also continue to ignore the fact that Trump claims to be the final authority, the end all to be all. When he believes that everyone must cow-tow to him, as the omnipotent leader, he gets to shoulder the failures.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:51 AM

You know it's getting bad when Mexico blocks the border

https://globalnews.ca/news/7141775/m...r-coronavirus/
Old 07-06-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
You know it's getting bad when Mexico blocks the border

https://globalnews.ca/news/7141775/m...r-coronavirus/
LOL !!! Trump finally came through on an election promise !!!!
Old 07-06-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
LOL !!! Trump finally came through on an election promise !!!!
His press secretary also said "the US is leading the world in their Covid response" …….…… she's 100% right.

Highest number of deaths

Highest number of infections

Highest active infection outbreak
Old 07-06-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
His press secretary also said "the US is leading the world in their Covid response" …….…… she's 100% right.

Highest number of deaths

Highest number of infections

Highest active infection outbreak
Now I am not a Trump fan per se. At the end of the day I am amazed why Canadians are so infatuated with him (both pro and con) and yet coincidentally will have no opinion or knowledge on the policies of Putin, Xi Jinping, Maduro, or Boisonaro.

Regardless, in defence of the US, I offer:

- their numbers are high largely due to better testing, reporting, and transparency then many other nations.

- their deaths per million are actually lower than several European nations (eg UK, Spain, Italy France, Sweden)

- their testing rate per million is higher than many other nations (including Canada)

- their cases per million is not the highest in the world (although again this metric is likely heavily dependent on nations testing and reporting)

I suspect the US is also investing more than any other nation into leading edge R&D with respect to vaccines and testing.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Now I am not a Trump fan per se. At the end of the day I am amazed why Canadians are so infatuated with him (both pro and con) and yet coincidentally will have no opinion or knowledge on the policies of Putin, Xi Jinping, Maduro, or Boisonaro.

- their numbers are high largely due to better testing, reporting, and transparency then many other nations.

- their deaths per million are actually lower than several European nations (eg UK, Spain, Italy France, Sweden)

- their testing rate per million is higher than many other nations (including Canada)

- their cases per million is not the highest in the world (although again this metric is likely heavily dependent on nations testing and reporting)

I suspect the US is also investing more than any other nation into leading edge R&D with respect to vaccines and testing.

Just my 2 cents.

As of today,

The US death rate from confirmed cases is 4.5%.

Canada's death rate is 8.2%!

Either Canada's health system and leadership is seriously worse than in the US, or,

This is just a condition of Canada's testing, fewer tests, fewer infections found.

It is likely a fair assumption that Canada is not very far behind the US in infections per capita, and that the actual death rates are also similar.

And for several here, enjoy continuing your gymnastics trying to ignore the reality that Canada is not doing any better than the US in battling this disease.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 07-06-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
Come on now … that's an empty argument citing one data point that isn't even favorable when you actually look closer …..

Death rates per million ...…. YOU ARE RIGHT, the US isn't the highest in the world.

The countries you listed above (plus Belgium), are the ONLY 6 countries on the PLANET with a higher death rate compared to the US.

The other 200+ countries have a death rate LOWER compared to the US.

The fact that they are not the worst in every single category is true.

Either way, they are leading in many other categories and don't worry, US will be #1 there too soon enough. I hope I'm wrong.

I find it strange that you tagged my post specifically and asked why so many people get bent out of shape about the US.

Well, ...…. here's why I am concerned ….

1) People are dying because of a poor response. Families are losing loved ones needlessly.

2) They are being lied to. Everyday. It's unbelievable how so many people could tolerate being treated by that administration as like mindless idiots that they can manipulate.

3) I work in the US. Infection rates as high as they are can put me and my family in a bad situation - needlessly.

4) I have property in the US.

5) One of my kids is currently living in the US.

6) Most of my family live in the US.

7) What happens on our border is a concern for many Canadians.

8) My wife and both kids were born in the US and are US citizens.

As far as people on the forum understanding the policies of other countries - Maybe you are right, and likely you are, but, how valid is that anyways to our situation? does the US or one of those other countries represent a bigger threat to Canada?

The US is our immediate bordering neighbor, largest trading partner, with the largest amount of people crossing borders regularly between the two, etc...

Either way - and I'm not calling you out specifically here ….. but I am equally dumbfounded how many people blindly defend Trump and add zero in credible and zero substance in counter arguments. zero …. crickets.

The US, under his leadership, has grossly mishandled this in so many ways and the numbers show it. It's credible, factual and without dispute. Something like 2/3 Americans would agree.

That's why it concerns many Canadians. And as people, we should actually care about other people dying.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:26 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Come on now … that's an empty argument citing one data point that isn't even favorable when you actually look closer …..

Death rates per million ...…. YOU ARE RIGHT, the US isn't the highest in the world.

The countries you listed above (plus Belgium), are the ONLY 6 countries on the PLANET with a higher death rate compared to the US.

Either way, they are leading in many other categories and don't worry, US will be #1 there too soon enough. I hope I'm wrong.

I find it strange that you tagged my post specifically and asked why so many people get bent out of shape about the US.

1) People are dying because of a poor response. Families are losing loved ones needlessly.

2) They are being lied to. Everyday. It's unbelievable how so many people could tolerate being treated by that administration as like mindless idiots that they can manipulate.

3) I work in the US. Infection rates as high as they are can put me and my family in a bad situation - needlessly.

As far as people on the forum understanding the policies of other countries - Maybe you are right, and likely you are, but, how valid is that anyways to our situation? does the US or one of those other countries represent a bigger threat to Canada?

The US is our immediate bordering neighbor, largest trading partner, with the largest amount of people crossing borders regularly between the two, etc...

Either way - and I'm not calling you out specifically here ….. but I am equally dumbfounded how many people blindly defend Trump and add zero in credible and zero substance in counter arguments. zero …. crickets.

The US, under his leadership, has grossly mishandled this in so many ways and the numbers show it. It's credible, factual and without dispute. Something like 2/3 Americans would agree.

That's why it concerns many Canadians. And as people, we should actually care about other people dying.
you are absolutely correct and I truly wish all the best for you and your loved ones....could only imagine having my loved ones down there amongst the chaos.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-06-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post

It is likely a fair assumption that Canada is not very far behind the US in infections per capita.

Infections per Capita

US - 9926 cases /1million - 6th highest in the World

Canada - 2853 cases / 1 million 54th in World
Old 07-06-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
You forgot to copy part of that :P
de·fy
/dəˈfī/
verb
past tense: defied; past participle: defied

As well as, ignored, disregarded, brushed off, dismissed, flouted, pooh-poohed, shrugged off, rejected. Any way you look at it, Trump did and does, all of the above.

In your attempt to put words in my mouth and correct my English, you also continue to ignore the fact that Trump claims to be the final authority, the end all to be all. When he believes that everyone must cow-tow to him, as the omnipotent leader, he gets to shoulder the failures.
Nope, that's just your own opinion. I am pointing out who controls health care, and who is responsible. Those with severe TDS are simply ignoring reality and venting.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:

Sure, but please ignore what happened in Quebec.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.

My opinion of Trump is he just as corrupt as all those you mention, however he's know where near as bright.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
As of today,

The US death rate from confirmed cases is 4.5%.

Canada's death rate is 8.2%!

Either Canada's health system and leadership is seriously worse than in the US, or,

This is just a condition of Canada's testing, fewer tests, fewer infections found.

It is likely a fair assumption that Canada is not very far behind the US in infections per capita, and that the actual death rates are also similar.

And for several here, enjoy continuing your gymnastics trying to ignore the reality that Canada is not doing any better than the US in battling this disease.
Most of Canada cases are old, and we add only 200-400 new cases a day while the US adds 40,000 - 50,000 per day. As it's been shown over and over and over, people take a few weeks to finally die so it's understandable that their death rate will take awhile to catch up. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.

I'd probably disagree on the better testing. They've had a lot of issues, most very well documented.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Why would anyone ignore Quebec? They have the worst numbers in Canada. They do however pale if you compare them to comparable areas in the US.
Quebec 595 cases per million
New York 1237 cases per million
In fact Quebecs numbers are beat by MANY, MANY states.......
Old 07-06-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? huh?

Maybe the grammar police wasn't the right role for you and perhaps being a master riddler is a better fit, but I was responding to a person why some Canadians seem to be concerned about what is going on the US.

Last edited by EZM; 07-06-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
"..My opinion of Trump is....he's know where near as bright..."
Trump's response : "lol"
Old 07-06-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
you are absolutely correct and I truly wish all the best for you and your loved ones....could only imagine having my loved ones down there amongst the chaos.
Have several family members in the US. None are wringing their hands.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-06-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Have several family members in the US. None are wringing their hands.
My son, who lives down there, needed to be reminded after he said something very similar, that it's not about the impact to himself. As a 23 year old who's healthy, he is likely not to be impacted adversely if he did contract the virus.

The important thing we reminded him was that taking precautions and acting responsibly could save someone else's life.

Seems to me many people either don't care about others, while others don't believe this could impact them or their loved ones, while others think it's a hoax. The other side of the coin is people locking themselves up in a closet and crying all day.

We just all need to do what's best for everyone, take any and all precautions we can, and not be selfish. Not to much to ask in my opinion. But to minimize and discount this could be an awful mistake.

I can't imagine what +4 weeks from now looks like in the US.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
My son, who lives down there, needed to be reminded after he said something very similar, that it's not about the impact to himself. As a 23 year old who's healthy, he is likely not to be impacted adversely if he did contract the virus.

The important thing we reminded him was that taking precautions and acting responsibly could save someone else's life.

Seems to me many people either don't care about others, while others don't believe this could impact them or their loved ones, while others think it's a hoax. The other side of the coin is people locking themselves up in a closet and crying all day.

We just all need to do what's best for everyone, take any and all precautions we can, and not be selfish. Not to much to ask in my opinion. But to minimize and discount this could be an awful mistake.

I can't imagine what +4 weeks from now looks like in the US.
Good grief man. One is a Doctor, one a Lawyer, one a university professor, one a Physio therapist, one a Nurse and the list goes on. They have a bit of a clue of what’s going on. Their perception is in STARK contrast to yours. Maybe you should listen to your son.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-06-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
We have family in a couple of states and it’s not good there. Talked the other day in Texas and they are worried and I think more upset at the way society seems to be ignoring the problem. And Trump sure doesn’t set a good example. That guy makes me sick. It’s going to be a long time until travel is possible there. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time where they set up the 14 day quarantine in every state.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
"..The important thing we reminded him was that taking precautions and acting responsibly could save someone else's life.."
But..really..WHO initially & recklessly unleashed this monster ?
Interesting how its the commoners who get scolded, fingers wagged, preached at etc over the blunders of the "higher ups".
How about we just stop meddling with virus's UNTIL stuff like this can't happen no longer.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:57 PM

Thankfully it looks like at least another year before the border gets opened. Thank god for common sense !!!
Old 07-06-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
My opinion of Trump is he just as corrupt as all those you mention, however he's know where near as bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Trump's response : "lol"
That's pure gold right there.

Last edited by MountainTi; 07-06-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
That's pure gold right there.
See you picked out the error. And you thought finishing grade 12 was a waste.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
See you picked out the error. And you thought finishing grade 12 was a waste.
I knew the difference between "know" and "no" in elementary school actually . I'm guessing Trump did as well
Old 07-06-2020, 08:39 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Good grief man. One is a Doctor, one a Lawyer, one a university professor, one a Physio therapist, one a Nurse and the list goes on. They have a bit of a clue of what’s going on. Their perception is in STARK contrast to yours. Maybe you should listen to your son.
So chucky ... does a us hospital administrator, 3 us nurses, a doctor and several more beat your spread of ‘legitimate opinions?’

Several have dual citizenship and some are considering sending their kids here....

Let’s just throw annecdotal experts at each other.

Good god man.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-06-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I knew the difference between "know" and "no" in elementary school actually . I'm guessing Trump did as well
He probably did. I on the other hand continue to struggle.......
Closed Thread