Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 09:50 PM

Hey

I think the Donald should look into utilizing them two hospital ships again.

He should send them to Arizona.............
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-04-2020, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Some new information, article from National post. Maybe this has been around for a while. Much longer than thought.

MADRID — Spanish virologists have found traces of the novel coronavirus in a sample of Barcelona waste water collected in March 2019, nine months before the COVID-19 disease was identified in China, the University of Barcelona said on Friday.

The discovery of virus genome presence so early in Spain, if confirmed, would imply the disease may have appeared much earlier than the scientific community thought.

DISTROSCALE

The University of Barcelona team, who had been testing waste water since mid-April this year to identify potential new outbreaks, decided to also run tests on older samples.

They first found the virus was present in Barcelona on Jan. 15, 2020, 41 days before the first case was officially reported there.

Then they ran tests on samples taken between January 2018 and December 2019 and found the presence of the virus genome in one of them, collected on March 12, 2019.

“The levels of SARS-CoV-2 were low but were positive,” research leader Albert Bosch was quoted as saying by the university.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW

The research has been submitted for a peer review.

Dr Joan Ramon Villalbi of the Spanish Society for Public Health and Sanitary Administration told Reuters it was still early to draw definitive conclusions.

“When it’s just one result, you always want more data, more studies, more samples to confirm it and rule out a laboratory error or a methodological problem,” he said.

There was the potential for a false positive due to the virus’ similarities with other respiratory infections.

“But it’s definitely interesting, it’s suggestive,” Villalbi said.

Bosch, who is president of the Spanish Society of Virologists, said that an early detection even in January could have improved the response to the pandemic. Instead, patients were probably misdiagnosed with common flu, contributing to community transmission before measures were taken.

Prof. Gertjan Medema of the KWR Water Research Institute in the Netherlands, whose team began using a coronavirus test on waste water in February, suggested the Barcelona group needs to repeat the tests to confirm it is really the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Spain has recorded more than 28,000 confirmed deaths and nearly 250,000 cases of the virus so far. (Reporting by Emma Pinedo, Nathan Allen and Inti Landauro, writing by Inti Landauro and Andrei Khalip, Editing by Angus MacSwan)
My first thought would be that someone in that lab is asymptomatic. But maybe they've tested everyone in the lab. Second thought would be possible cross contamination with at later sample in storage.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:56 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

As the thread says how bad will it get......holy crap eh!

Our leader is a meathead this trump fella is not fit to run a playground.....him and tropical trump must be related somehow.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-04-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

Our leader is a meathead this trump fella is not fit to run a playground.....him and tropical trump must be related somehow.
It’s a real mess.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Even Mexico closed it boarders to the yanks.....now trump doesn't have to build a wall cuz no one wants to go into the US.....maybe he planned this

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-04-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:

His mamma did get around. and around and around. maybe Turd Trump and Miick Jagger are all related

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-04-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Even Mexico closed it boarders to the yanks.....now trump doesn't have to build a wall cuz no one wants to go into the US.....maybe he planned this
He told his supporters he was going to stop immigration.....he just didn't tell them it was cuz nobody would ever want to enter the US the way it is !!!!! What a bloody mess, and watch what will happen today with their 4th of July. I bet even with 50,000+/day infections they will still go out partying today. Don't count on the border being opened anytime this year.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
He told his supporters he was going to stop immigration.....he just didn't tell them it was cuz nobody would ever want to enter the US the way it is !!!!! What a bloody mess, and watch what will happen today with their 4th of July. I bet even with 50,000+/day infections they will still go out partying today. Don't count on the border being opened anytime this year.
We talked with family in Texas last night and everyone is scared and really ****ed off about the way this problem has gotten worse. The constant lies by the countries dictator has made America an embarrassment. I don’t get it myself. What is Trumps end game here.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
We talked with family in Texas last night and everyone is scared and really ****ed off about the way this problem has gotten worse. The constant lies by the countries dictator has made America an embarrassment. I don’t get it myself. What is Trumps end game here.

You think he had a plan for anything/anyone but himself and his ego from the get go? Boy doing a mans job, in way over his head, and doesnt have a clue. He's found out the hard way that you cant run a government by bullying the same way you can a private business.

Neither he nor our own shining example of a leader are fit to run a country. They're at opposite ends of the political spectrum but both are equally useless.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Have you/they figured out yet that the governor's run the states not the president?
Old 07-04-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Have you/they figured out yet that the governor's run the states not the president?
United States of America. A hard concept for people to wrap their head around apparently. Im sure that is Trump’s fault as well.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-04-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
United States of America. A hard concept for people to wrap their head around apparently. Im sure that is Trump’s fault as well.
It's gotten to the point it's actually a little sad now.
TDS is a more serious affliction than I once believed it to be
Old 07-04-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
A union, with a leader, federally funded, with the resources and influence to educate and inspire it's people. Instead.....

Trump is an imbecil, and I don't mean that as an insult. He really is. The guys an idiot, sexist, misogynist, biggott who generally appeals to his like. The reason that he is liked by so many is that he reflects the worst parts of humanity and its comforting for them to think that their grubby little ideas and persona are shared by a President.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
A union, with a leader, federally funded, with the resources and influence to educate and inspire it's people. Instead.....

Trump is an imbecil, and I don't mean that as an insult. He really is. The guys an idiot, sexist, misogynist, biggott who generally appeals to his like. The reason that he is liked by so many is that he reflects the worst parts of humanity and its comforting for them to think that their grubby little ideas and persona are shared by a President.
Ummm so everyone who agrees with him is an idiot,sexist,misogynist,biggot? As they must share every idea and persona?
Old 07-04-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Harry S. Truman had a sign on his White House desk stating "The Buck Stops Here" The phrase refers to the notion that the President has to make the decisions and accept the ultimate responsibility for those decisions. It was true 75 years ago and doubly true today. So yes it is all trump's fault no matter how hard he ignores the situation.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:03 PM

If Trump got onboard with the testing, reopening proposed by his medical advisors, he would get his third + term. The path he is on may well bring him down. The Fauci smear is ready to roll out. Tactics that will strengthen his supporters, but I think shrinking the numbers. Election tactics should be exciting. I’m wondering what the service men and women are thinking about his rule.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
He doesn't have an end game other than self-preservation. He will never admit he's wrong or that he failed, ever.

Quote:
Quote:
Trump claims he has total authority over the states and their leaders. Going so far as to defy Oklahoma's top health official by going ahead with his Tulsa rally. He can't claim to be the total authoritarian witout accepting responsibility. A good leader takes the bad with the good and Trump is no leader.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One'n'Done View Post
Harry S. Truman had a sign on his White House desk stating "The Buck Stops Here" The phrase refers to the notion that the President has to make the decisions and accept the ultimate responsibility for those decisions. It was true 75 years ago and doubly true today. So yes it is all trump's fault no matter how hard he ignores the situation.
This is great. You should enjoy it. Maybe you have a cure?

https://youtu.be/AvTKJLu9BUU

-Billy Molls
Old 07-04-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
He doesn't have an end game other than self-preservation. He will never admit he's wrong or that he failed, ever.

Trump claims he has total authority over the states and their leaders. Going so far as to defy Oklahoma's top health official by going ahead with his Tulsa rally. He can't claim to be the total authoritarian witout accepting responsibility. A good leader takes the bad with the good and Trump is no leader.
It’s pretty funny. I asked a while back what was wrong with Trumps policy. All we got is “the wall” (not his idea by the way), and “oh this foreign policy thingy”.

Now we have hundreds of thousands of protesters running rampant through the streets in mass groups and Trumps rally single handedly reignited the Covid? You guys are too much. No wonder we are losing our freedoms at such a feverish pace. Just wow.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-04-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
It’s pretty funny. I asked a while back what was wrong with Trumps policy. All we got is “the wall” (not his idea by the way), and “oh this foreign policy thingy”.

Now we have hundreds of thousands of protesters running rampant through the streets in mass groups and Trumps rally single handedly reignited the Covid? You guys are too much. No wonder we are losing our freedoms at such a feverish pace. Just wow.
I didn't claim that he single-handedly reignited COVID. However, a good leader needs to set an example and Trump is incapable of setting a good example for his citizens. Why should anyone heed health official's advice when the president will blatantly go against their advice himself?

Politics have changed over the years to where character is as important to voters as policy is and the Donald is as guilty, of looking at the character of his opponents before policy, as the next person is. He is a divisive narcissist person who, as a leader, cares more about himself than he does the people of his country. He only cares for those who "idolize" him.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:25 PM

Default Oh chucky......

Quote:

Your selective memory talent is much like El Cheeto’s

Please go reread my post regarding that..... better yet...

Please list me a policy of his that’s a success or a win....u

Bet her gonna say.... ‘thu Economy’...... lol

And yes.... it’s pretty funny how you take that long to respond to it, and get it all wrong and warp it.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-04-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I didn't claim that he single-handedly reignited COVID. However, a good leader needs to set an example and Trump is incapable of setting a good example for his citizens. Why should anyone heed health official's advice when the president will blatantly go against their advice himself?

Politics have changed over the years to where character is as important to voters as policy is and the Donald is as guilty, of looking at the character of his opponents before policy, as the next person is. He is a divisive narcissist person who, as a leader, cares more about himself than he does the people of his country. He only cares for those who "idolize" him.
Hilarious. So Trump is setting a bad example therefore big problem. However his political opponents and our very own great leader are ok with giant protests and will even participate to make political points. Interesting double standard
Old 07-04-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:

Interesting story but essentially false. Trump’s rally was supported by the governor who incidentally is in charge of the state’s health care. Inconvenient facts for sure when on a Trump rant.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Hilarious. So Trump is setting a bad example therefore big problem. However his political opponents and our very own great leader are ok with giant protests and will even participate to make political points. Interesting double standard
You could put quash the protesters, but you can’t quash the admin. Big difference. Trump has full control over but doesn’t want another kent state. And it’s a great talking point.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

And yes.... it’s pretty funny how you take that long to respond to it, and get it all wrong and warp it.
But your posts are, in most part, unreadable!
Old 07-04-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

Pretty quiet on the foreign front. Haven't even heard from Kim lately
Old 07-04-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post

Only a liberal knows how to spell misogynist. After all, they seem to use that word quite often. You been watching too much Rosie. lol
I'm preetty sure you forgot a couple of the other old standby idioms. Refer to the lib handbook if you are unsure of what they are
Old 07-04-2020, 07:28 PM

As long as they keep the border closed, it's not really that important how many end up kicking the bucket down there......they've been shown how to be careful so they can't say they weren't warned. Just keep them out of Canada.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
As long as they keep the border closed, it's not really that important how many end up kicking the bucket down there......they've been shown how to be careful so they can't say they weren't warned. Just keep them out of Canada.
It's gonna run it's course. May as well get it over with
Why delay it?
Old 07-04-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
It's gonna run it's course. May as well get it over with
Why delay it?
Because a lot of people will die needlessly. You may be concerned about your family, but a lot of people care about theirs.
Closed Thread