Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
I've never met someone from a mainstream religion that practiced what they preached. That's why Catholic girls were so popular in high school
Funny guy.

Thanks for confirming.

It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-04-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Funny guy.

Thanks for confirming.

Scott H has been pretty busy spearheading a campaign for the installation of a windmill farm on the hills behind north van....hence the non productive replies.

After all, there is chance he would be a NIMBY or hypocrite, unlike most other "climate change" nazi's.....is there?
Old 11-04-2017, 02:00 PM

It's okay to kill as many birds as long as you do in the production of clean energy, according to our governments. Tongue firmly in cheek.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Find me the amount of royalties paid by wind farms.
There are none. Don't you think that with the inevitable decline of O&G royalties, taxes and other contributions to the economy (you know, little things like jobs), that we as a province have to start thinking on how to replace that revenue?

I don't want to see sales taxes, but we may see them. The carbon tax the NDP institute really is just a sales tax in disguise, and the revenue from that will decline as oil revenues decline. What are they going to do, raise the carbon tax on natural gas? We need to heat our homes, and unless we get a massive increase in wind and solar energy coming to the home, we will need natural gas as opposed to using electric power.

I don't see any easy answers, just that I am pretty sure I would like to see some planning for the changes that will come.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Sorry but I find believing in ANY religion laughable. I do however believe in science.
Unfortunately you believe in flawed science. There is no evidence whatsoever that anthropogenic carbon emissions contribute to climate change. CO2 is not a pollutant.
You need to do a lot more research on your own instead of getting caught up in the current fads and fearmongering.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Unfortunately you believe in flawed science. There is no evidence whatsoever that anthropogenic carbon emissions contribute to climate change. CO2 is not a pollutant.
You need to do a lot more research on your own instead of getting caught up in the current fads and fearmongering.
As funny as your response was, it seems you are serious. It might be time for you to stop getting all your educational material from fox news and the Rebel.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...nd-of-nobels1/
Old 11-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Scott H has been pretty busy spearheading a campaign for the installation of a windmill farm on the hills behind north van....hence the non productive replies.

After all, there is chance he would be a NIMBY or hypocrite, unlike most other "climate change" nazi's.....is there?
Actually I was pretty happy when they built that windmill.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...layed-1.819536
I was ecstatic to watch them build the new wind farm at Pennask not far from my place in the Okanagan. That one really went up fast .
https://globalnews.ca/news/2928522/t...nagan-in-2017/
I would really get behind a few more going up closer to my place in Calgary.
Hopefully soon.

Last edited by Scott h; 11-04-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
As funny as your response was, it seems you are serious. It might be time for you to stop getting all your educational material from fox news and the Rebel.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...nd-of-nobels1/
Apparently, you misunderstood my post entirely.

I do not deny climate change. On the contrary, the climate has been changing since the earth was formed. It is not caused by human endeavors.
Air and water pollution, particulates and the release of toxic chemicals is entirely a different matter.

However CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a natural part of the biosphere.

If you are so sure that you are an expert in the field of climate change, kindly explain what caused the last ice age and why it ended.
Please explain why most of North America is no longer buried under 2 miles of ice.

Do that, and perhaps people will take what you have to say seriously.

Last edited by Buckhead; 11-04-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:

I do not deny climate change. On the contrary, the climate has been changing since the earth was formed. It is not caused by human endeavors.
Air and water pollution, particulates and the release of toxic chemicals is entirely a different matter.

If you are so sure that you are an expert in the field of climate change, kindly explain what caused the last ice age and why it ended.
Please explain why most of North America is no longer buried under 2 miles of ice.

Oh I'm not worried about if I'm taken seriously in my belief of man made climate change. But you can rest assured that yourself, Donald Trump and Jimmy Swagart all have the same view of the state of the enviroment and thus will be gauged equally.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:

Apparently, this US government report, released this week, disagrees with you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/03/c...te-report.html

Quote:

WASHINGTON — Directly contradicting much of the Trump administration’s position on climate change, 13 federal agencies unveiled an exhaustive scientific report on Friday that says humans are the dominant cause of the global temperature rise that has created the warmest period in the history of civilization.

Over the past 115 years global average temperatures have increased 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit, leading to record-breaking weather events and temperature extremes, the report says. The global, long-term warming trend is “unambiguous,” it says, and there is “no convincing alternative explanation” that anything other than humans — the cars we drive, the power plants we operate, the forests we destroy — are to blame.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Oh I'm not worried about if I'm taken seriously in my belief of man made climate change. But you can rest assured that yourself, Donald Trump and Jimmy Swagart all have the same view of the state of the enviroment and thus will be gauged equally.
Dumbest retort to a valid question ever.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
Dumbest retort to a valid question ever.
That question was about as valid as asking for proof that humans didn't originate in the garden of Eden.