Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2017, 06:47 AM

Default Whereas the Gold?

Royal Canadian Mint, printing fake (no),gold.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO8...C3FFPXpvtxP6g-

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/606280

Sent from my iPad
Old 10-31-2017, 07:23 AM
Banned

From what I read in a different article the Mint didn't print it but it was an exact replica of a bar they would make.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:48 AM

I read the article, sounds like fake gold, and counterfeit gold. Mint is selling this to customers. Might be and inside job. Like Leston Lawrence here below.

Amusingly, if the swap turns out to be an inside job, it wouldn't be the first time. As we reported at the time, last September [10], 35-year-old Leston Lawrence was found guilty of smuggling C$180,000 worth of gold pucks, each the size of a small muffin, in his rectum over several months. Lawrence worked at the mint from July 2008 until March 2015. The punchline: his job included purifying gold...

Old 10-31-2017, 08:48 AM

The counterfeiters are getting really good at at cloning stuff, it could have just been a fake (including the packaging) To me the most likely was the bar was bought back not tested and then sold.

There is a scanner that can read through packaging as far as I know you can't spoof that one yet but I would not be surprised they figure out a way through that one.

If I was investing in gold the first thing I would buy is one of those scanners 1000$ - 1500$ ish IIRC At 1600$ an oz all it would have to do is catch one dud and it's paid for.

There are tones of counterfeit silver coins on e-bay and circulating as well so you got to be careful.