Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Default anyone heading out this week?

hey im from gibbons (15 mins north of edmonton)..im free every day except tuesday..if anyone is heading out and wants a buddy than let me know.I have no issue driving about a hour and a half to a lake....i wouldnt mind getting on to some toothy critters or some whites.

only thing is that i dont have a auger or tent..i have a tip up and a couple rods and tackle but thats about it..so if you dont mind sharing a auger than let me know..im hoping to purchase one in the next few weeks but i have been off work for a month and still have another few weeks before im back (broken wrist)..but would enjoy meeting a couple people off this forum..anyways happy fishing
Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 PM

bump
Old 01-03-2010, 09:54 PM

hey how agoing... if your still looking next weekend to go im going to be heading out...where i really dont know..if your into catch and release ive had great luck at wabanum these past couple weeks..the whites hit hard in the morning today i pulled in 15 and my buddy about the same in about 3-3 1/2 hours and two really nice pike... 25 pounder being the bigger of them but not by much... or if you want to have a fun time and keep some we could head out to lac st. anne but didnt have much luck today their... plus cant drive on to the good spots.. aka the Island.. tryed and broke through a false layer of ice..my jeep droped a foot into the water but their was a solid 16 inches below still....i jumped out my window pretty quick...so yah not a fun day after that...
Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 AM

Default Fishin this week

probably cant go this week possibly goin sat to francis lake north of flatbush down east tieland road, I'll let you know, I live in Morinville...
Old 01-04-2010, 11:24 AM

Thursday Wabamun I have room in the tent
Old 01-04-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFisher View Post
hey how agoing... if your still looking next weekend to go im going to be heading out...where i really dont know..if your into catch and release ive had great luck at wabanum these past couple weeks..the whites hit hard in the morning today i pulled in 15 and my buddy about the same in about 3-3 1/2 hours and two really nice pike... 25 pounder being the bigger of them but not by much... or if you want to have a fun time and keep some we could head out to lac st. anne but didnt have much luck today their... plus cant drive on to the good spots.. aka the Island.. tryed and broke through a false layer of ice..my jeep droped a foot into the water but their was a solid 16 inches below still....i jumped out my window pretty quick...so yah not a fun day after that...
ya i think i am free on the weekend aswell..im not to picky as to where we go or what we catch but wouldnt mind a chance at some big pike and a few fun whites..i have no issue with catch and release when your catching some good quality fish that are fighting hard..anyways keep me posted and we can maybe work something out for the weekend..im alex btw..where abouts are you heading from?
Old 01-04-2010, 01:50 PM

looks like it's going to be super nice this weekend.... + 1, +3...depending where you look.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikehunter1989 View Post
ya i think i am free on the weekend aswell..im not to picky as to where we go or what we catch but wouldnt mind a chance at some big pike and a few fun whites..i have no issue with catch and release when your catching some good quality fish that are fighting hard..anyways keep me posted and we can maybe work something out for the weekend..im alex btw..where abouts are you heading from?

hey the names Craig... i live in north edm. i'll post later this week to confirm where to go and where we can meet
Old 01-05-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFisher View Post
hey the names Craig... i live in north edm. i'll post later this week to confirm where to go and where we can meet
ok sounds good..thanks craig