Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM

Default Limbdriver Rest

I installed this rest last year and so far I like it. Does anyone else use this rest? I need to put some type of soft material on it though so I can quite it down abit. Where can I get some? Looking forward to getting outside to do some target practice.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 AM

......get it at any place that sells archery gear.......WSS or a pro shop. Craft shops will have sticky back felt that you could use too.....same thing just not camo.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:22 PM

Curt, I would do as ehuntr suggested. The trade name is Fuzzy Stuff, but if it's cheaper at michaels, why not?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:33 PM

Excellent suggestion guys. I will go to Micheals tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:01 PM

Jimbows has it. Others call it mole skin. And c'mon...its gotta be camo . . Russells also I think . Its only like $5.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:03 PM

Are you talkin about the Vapor trail. then yes I also have it and with the mole skin on it it is deadly quite. And yes I'm very happy with it.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 PM

Well if it only costs 5 bucks for camo then I will see if Trophy book or WSS carries it. Yes. its the Vapor Trail Limbdriver. It works off the up and down movement of the upper limb of your bow...kind of cool actually. Do you have the little plastic arrow holder placed on the shelf just in front of the rest. I do and thats why I need some mole skin because when the arm of the rest lifts the arrow, it pops out of that little holder and makes a little noise when the arrow comes to rest in the V groove of the rest.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:16 PM

I dont know that the mole skin will help with that. when you draw back and you have the mole skin on your forks it gets rid of the slide sound. I opted for no holder as I will just put my finger over the arrow if need be.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:08 PM

Is that what the majority of people do with a drop away rest, just hold the arrow with their finger until it is time to draw. My first rest was a WB and of course you didnt need to hold the arrow with your finger. Maybe my arrow pops out of the holder because it is to tight or new still. Maybe it needs to be stretched a bit to minimize the arrow from popping out.