Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-13-2020, 06:06 PM

Question Dave Scadden pontoon question

Hi folks looking for some insight from folks that have purched from Dave Scadden. Ordered a Skykomish a few weeks ago and have not received a shipping notification. The charge went through on my cc and I got a confirmation email on the order just no follow up shipping notice? Have called and left messages and also emailed with no response. Its coming up on 3 weeks since the order was placed. Anyone who has bought from Scadden have any comments on how long it took for shipping? Appreciate any insight!
Old 07-13-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhunter40 View Post
Hi folks looking for some insight from folks that have purched from Dave Scadden. Ordered a Skykomish a few weeks ago and have not received a shipping notification. The charge went through on my cc and I got a confirmation email on the order just no follow up shipping notice? Have called and left messages and also emailed with no response. Its coming up on 3 weeks since the order was placed. Anyone who has bought from Scadden have any comments on how long it took for shipping? Appreciate any insight!
Welcome to AO. I haven’t dealt with them but shipping right now is brutal. I have 3 orders on Amazon the are 6 weeks now and it’s going to get worse. The US is just about to shutdown again so try avoid ordering anything for a while.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:27 PM

Thanks jigsalot and yes I too had tapered off most all other purchases from the US for same reasons. Got lured in on the Scadden craft cause of the price and features but fearful now that I may get it in time for next season LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2020, 11:06 AM

I bought a craft from them I found it best to call and ask. To see what is up. I had to wait for a pump before mine was ready.
Old 07-14-2020, 02:06 PM

Called, emailed, left messages for 3 weeks now. As of today the mailbox is full and can’t even leave a message anymore. Not too impressed so far...

Old 07-14-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhunter40 View Post
Called, emailed, left messages for 3 weeks now. As of today the mailbox is full and can’t even leave a message anymore. Not too impressed so far...

Hope they didn’t go under due to this covid crap. Maybe see if sny info is out on google.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:38 PM

Well that is the pits. What about calling the BBB in Ogden UT.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:15 PM

It may be informative for you to do this Google search:

“Dave Scadden Pontoon Boats Better Business Bureau”

You can read several postings dating from recently to a number of years ago.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:48 PM

Yeah seen those, concerning but given the 5 or so complaints only listed there vs the hundreds of positive other online comments and reviews, guesstimated volume of sales, range of products and years in business I am still hopeful, at least trying to remain optimistic anyways LOL. Will ride it out a few more weeks to give them the benefit of the doubt given Covid and all of that before I look into the dubious path that involves initiating a claim for a refund through paypal...

Old 07-15-2020, 06:00 PM

You should get your boat over time as you said. Even though communication isn’t taking place, the company is probably having a busy year and experiencing delayed shipping on both ends. The BBB complaints show that it’s not unheard of for them to not respond to emails or calls, and you are likely not alone at the moment trying to reach them. I know it’s ancient tech, but if by chance they still list a fax number, it might be one way to get their attention. Sending a physical letter by express post or courier ( though can be a bit pricey, delivery tends to be much faster for envelopes than packages now ) is another way to try and get ahold of them - though no guarantee you will get a response still.

In the worst case scenario, as you have paid by PayPal, you won’t be out any money.

Good luck, enjoy the boat when you get it!
Old 07-15-2020, 06:13 PM

Thanks Adrien appreciate the optimistic words. I am sure it will come also, eventually...

Old 07-29-2020, 07:31 AM

Thanks everyone for your responses - just to update, got a call last week fron Scadden himself to tell me the toon shipped last Thurs. he did mention that covid has put a strain on their supply chain for parts. On route with Fedex just crossed into Canada this morning and scheduled to be delivered in next few days so seems all has worked out. Will breath a sigh of relief once it arrives and I can verify all pieces were shipped. Then its time to hit the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2020, 09:04 AM

Great news. Glad that Dave took the time to reach out to you personally and that it shipped by courier, which is much speedier than USPS / Canada Post at this time.

Have a blast with your boat I hope it joins you on a lot of trout filled outings!
Old 07-30-2020, 01:30 AM

They have always treated me fair. I've bought 2 pontoons from them. Dave has always answered the phone when I called.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:16 AM

Well pontoon arrived today...less the pontoons. Looks like I also received paddle board paddles instead of oars? Did those of you who have ordered from Scadden receive your pontoons separate from the frame and other parts or did it all come in one package? Seems to me there was adequate room in the box for a deflated set of pontoons?

Old 09-02-2020, 07:20 PM

Update - Pontoons and lean bar arrived on Aug 25th. A Few small bits and pieces missing like a couple of the wire clip pins for the frame, one of the straps, padidng for the lean bar etc. All stuff that is easily rectified for a few bucks and a trip to the hardware store. Annoying yes but in the end just happy to have a full and functional craft given some of the online complaints. Had it together and out this past weekend in the East Kootenays. It is an impressive pontoon and exceeded my expectations in terms of features, functionality and price. Just fits nicely in the back of my pickup so no trailering and is plenty light enough to load and unload easily. Now for the planning of all of the winter upgrades for rod holders, an anchor system, battery and cargo mounts, seat swivel base etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
pontoon, pontoon boats, scadden