Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-29-2010, 07:40 AM

Default TC Pro Hunter

I recently got to hold and have become interested in the TC Pro Hunter with the interchangeable barrels, grips and forends. My question is in regards to the law, I spent all night last night on the net looking for some information to confirm. The rifle has optional 15" inch barrels, is this not too short to be considered a rifle? also when mixed with the pistol grip, well have a look at their website, sure looks like a pistol. Can someone direct me to the written laws that might answer my questions. will installing a short barrel and a pistol looking grip make it a restricted firearm?

thanks boys
Old 07-29-2010, 07:45 AM

There's a guy in High River that knows all about that sort of thing.
Robbie Robertson 403-652-5645
See if he can help you out.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 AM

Default T/C

last I heard on these is if they make an overal legth from butt to muzzle, they are considered a rifle.You would have to talk to cfc for this number to clarify. but examples woud be model 94 trapper. barrell only 16" or defender shotgun with pistol grip.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:41 PM

Non-restricted firearms include:
semi-automatic rifles and shotguns with barrels that are at least 470 mm (18.5 inches) long, and do not otherwise fall into a restricted or prohibited category; and
single-shot or manual repeating rifles and shotguns of any length, as long as they are not designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm (26 inches) by folding, telescoping or other means.

Restricted firearms include:
most handguns;
semi-automatic rifles and shotguns that are capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition, have barrels between 105 mm (4.14 inches) and 470 mm (18.5 inches) long, and are not otherwise prohibited;
firearms designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm (26 inches) by folding, telescoping or other means; and
firearms restricted by regulations.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:54 PM

thanks for the info. If I read that right, it would be considered a restricted firearm with a pistol grip and a 15 inch barrel.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 PM

That is correct.