Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-27-2016, 03:31 PM
Banned

Default Caption Generator - Chris David

Not sure this is cool to post, but have to admit I was in stitches viewing it...

http://captiongenerator.com/29465/Chris-David
Old 04-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Banned

is there some sort of a back story? who is this guy?
Old 04-27-2016, 03:49 PM

Well, you see he was a German-speaking Austrian citizen raised near Linz...
Old 04-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
is there some sort of a back story? who is this guy?
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ht=Chris+David
Old 04-27-2016, 04:13 PM

Could not view it
Old 04-27-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolHammer View Post
Well, you see he was a German-speaking Austrian citizen raised near Linz...
HA!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:31 PM

That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Awesome !!!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:59 PM

Hmm couldn't see it either ? I have heard the rumours / stories about his convictions. So if there are convictions why is it taking so long for the conclusion of this Saga !!

I don't know Chris well but i have met the man. It's not my entitlement to judge anyone .
What i will tell you though is that Chris had met my son at a huntfest in St Albert when my son was with Dark Timber Outdoors Gang.
He came home and told me about his great humour and how social he was.
I will also Vouch that after my son and I lost all our Hunting gear in the fire last Fall that Chris gave him a set of new KUIU Gear because he just wanted to help out .

None of us are perfect and we all have a flaw somewhere in our lives. Until he is convicted i don't think its fair to sit back and chuck stones.

My 2 cents.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:08 AM

The video was funny unfortunately at someone's expense but I have seen this Hitler rant about a few things and its funny everytime. Havent really followed his case does anyone know what the outcome ever was?
Old 04-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Banned

I met Chris on a few occasions, sat down and had a few beers with him as well. Every time was fun and entertaining. I'm not sure what it is that he done, but every interaction I had with him was enjoyable. I guess he hasn't killed enough sheep to have to have his problems swept under the carpet.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I met Chris on a few occasions, sat down and had a few beers with him as well. Every time was fun and entertaining. I'm not sure what it is that he done, but every interaction I had with him was enjoyable. I guess he hasn't killed enough sheep to have to have his problems swept under the carpet.
Ziiiiiing!!!!! LOL
Old 04-28-2016, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Ziiiiiing!!!!! LOL
You caught one that did you
Old 04-28-2016, 04:52 PM

Kind of funny to have a convicted poacher making a statement on behalf of Wild TV. Did I just say that.... Ya I did.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:01 PM

Hilarious! Is there one for the other Chris?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabighorn View Post
Could not view it
x2
Old 04-28-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
x2
X3
Old 04-29-2016, 10:56 PM

Terrible, but I laughed!

Old 04-29-2016, 11:16 PM

That's some good Friday night humor..
Old 09-18-2016, 08:28 PM

Default Chris David Canada West outfitting

On September 8th-13 2016 We went on a Guided Elk hunt in Hinton Alberta with Canada West Outfitting ( OWNER CHRIS DAVID) PLEASE REMEMBER THE NAME OF THIS OUTFITTER AND SHARE THIS REVIEW AS WE FEEL WE WERE COMPLETELY DECEIVED AND FRAUD BY THIS PERSON. Let me start by saying that we paid $10,000 for this adventure! and this is what we got, which was not what we were told we were getting. The outfitter had months before messaged and said he was ill, but led us to believe that there would be no issue that his guide would look after us, if he could not, or perhaps the new owner! up until days before we were to fly to Edmonton, he told us that he was still ill, but did not say anything about rescheduling. said his guide would be there. The day we arrived in Hinton and met with him, we gave him the final balance of the cost of the hunt and we were off to the log cabin(which is what we thought) He brought us to a campsite near a busy highway and private airfield where private planes and helicopters were over head constantly. When we arrived I was looking for the Log cabin, but only seen an RV, 2 white wall tents and a small 2 man tent, a picnic table and a fire pit. We were introduced to his guide and he begun to show us where the archery targets were set up for us to shoot our bows and then put his hand to his brow and said he did not feel very well, he was gone so quickly we didn't even have time to ask about the log cabin. There were other people in camp that I choose not to involve in this review, but one of the people he said was to be the cook, which was not the case. We started to feel something was not right and started asking questions. The guide was not a professional guide and had no experience.
There was no cook provided as he stated there would be, which was supposed to be included. the bathroom facility was in the RV which the floor was covered in mice crap and so was the kitchen cupboards where we were to use utensils and eat. There were no towels to clean/shower with, we had to use lysol wipes to clean our hands, the one towel that was in the bathroom was full of mice crap! Toilet was full, so could not use the facility( and I don't mind using the great outdoors but point being, I paid for something totally different) this guy does most of his hunting on the road in his truck, stopping here and there and giving a call now and then, We were told that we would have really sore knees from walking the hills and mountains, that wasn't the case. He told us that his success rate was 80%, there was another hunter in camp that only lasted 2 days( he was hunting Moose,Bear and Elk and as us he was provided a guide with no experience. We were deceived by Chris David, for those who are looking at booking a hunt of a lifetime, DO NOT BOOK WITH CANADA WEST OUTFITTING, (CHRIS DAVID) We have suffered a very difficult lesson and hope that anyone out there that see’s this review, should make it known as well, if you’ve been deceived like we have. This guy should not be in business! The lesson here, never give your balance for the hunt to the outfitter until you get to camp and see that you are getting exactly what you paid for! And by the way CHRIS DAVID, IF YOU SEE AND READ THIS POST, NOT ONLY DID YOU RUIN ONE OF THE MOST ANTICIPATED HUNTING ADVENTURES FOR US, YOUR WALL TENT AND WOOD STOVE, WHICH WE WERE NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO BE IN, THIRD NIGHT INTO OUR STAY, THE STOVE PIPE LET GO IN THE WIND AND SMOKED UP THE TENT SO BAD AND THICK, AND ALL OUR HUNTING GEAR AND CLOTHING ARE PROBABLY RUINED WITH THE STENCH OF SMOKE, SO NOT ONLY DID YOU SCAM US OUT OF 10 GRAND FOR THE HUNT, BUT ANOTHER 5 GRAND IN GEAR. Don't let this guy fool you, he’s good at it!
So very disappointed and disgusted by such an unprofessional outfitter.

Lisa and Terry, Nova Scotia, Canada
Outfitters for Black bear in New Brunswick and Moose, Blk Bear and caribou Newfoundland, Canada
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALBERTA HUNT.jpg (32.6 KB, 171 views)
Old 09-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Banned

Wow..

Cow calls from a truck... i wish I could have heard the words "Don't worry it's a diesel, elk like diesel"
Old 09-18-2016, 08:58 PM

This is the difference from hunting when I was a young kid to now. Not too many true hunters left but a lot of murderers that shoot for the sake of being able to brag about it and killing.

I have experienced some terrible situations that make me sick over the last few years that I cannot believe people have the audacity to do.

I've met Chris when cabelas opened in north Edmonton, seemed like a good guy but looks like he may have broke some rules. Still needs to be convicted though.

I heard there was some controversy with that big elk Chris took a few years ago but who knows.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:06 PM

This doesn't surprise me at all. From what I have seen of Chris David he is just a loud mouth know it all liar.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:09 PM

I would not post it here. I would lawyer up.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
I would not post it here. I would lawyer up.
+1
Old 09-19-2016, 08:58 AM

lmhunteress that sounds pretty crappy, however you are hunting, there can be some "roughing it", you sound a bit soft, perhaps a private hunting ranch would have been a better choice.

And some reference checks.

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 09-19-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky7mm View Post
lmhunteress that sounds pretty crappy, however you are hunting, there can be some "roughing it", you sound a bit soft, perhaps a private hunting ranch would have been a better choice.

Pull head out of your rear end. She was promised one thing and got another.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Pull head out of your rear end. She was promised one thing and got another.
Well I have no dog in this fight, and its sounds like a pretty crappy experience. I have to say though $5000 in damage from smoke cause of the wind ...... I guess the outfitter should have ordered no wind.....

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 09-19-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

you can't trust anyone who has music that plays automatically on their website
Old 09-19-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Well I have no dog in this fight, and its sounds like a pretty crappy experience. I have to say though $5000 in damage from smoke cause of the wind ...... I guess the outfitter should have ordered no wind.....
Read their review. They were promised a cabin and got a tent where the stove failed damaging their personal property. Since this is his business venture he is responsible for equipment failure causing damage to his clients equipment. By the review posted I would not go on this hunt for free much less for 10K. Put yourself in their shoes, would you be satisfied?
Old 09-19-2016, 01:19 PM

Default Chris David Canada West outfitting

Quote:

Husky7mm, I can understand that the review may sound like that, but trust me I am not a bit soft, We bought and paid for what was specified as a packaged hunt, and I am not at all opposed to sleeping in a tent or on the ground in a sleeping bag if thats what I wanted and what I paid for, This guy did not have to lie to us, he could have come clean and we could have decided on what we wanted to do. There was absolutely nothing about that hunting packaged that we paid for. He scammed us the whole time, with his illnesses and everything else.