Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Kolpin Gun Mounts and Rhino UTV.

Howdy,

I bought a Kolpin 6.0 Gun boot/case. I checked the manual on Kolpin's website and it says that the UTV Double Gun Boot mount will not work with Kolpin 6.0 Gun Boot/Case. Can anyone confirm this is the case? I was really hoping to buy the UTV double gun boot mount. Does anyone else that has a RHINO use Kolpin gun mounts for mounting their gun boot? Any help/feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. I really wish the website had more information about which mounts will work on the RHINO with there Gun Boot 6.0. I really like the new 6.0 version because it has the flip back design allowing for quick easy access while keeping everything secure and clean.

Thanks in advance, and GOOD LUCK all with hunting
Ricky
Old 09-19-2007, 04:21 PM

Get ahold of the guys at royaldistributing.com (ATV and snowmobile parts)and let them your problem and they may have a solution.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Spoke to a few guys at local shops and none were sure which would work with the RHINO. Royal was closed as it was after 6pm EST. I was just hoping that a few of the members may have Rhino's and be using Koplin mounts. Thanks for the suggestion I will try them at 8am tomorrow. I may have to call Koplin directly and ask them, but feedback from a customer is the best.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 PM

I just ordered the Yamaha mount for the gun boots. I comes with the boot. I think it is the Koplin IV.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessori...ory=56&group=R
Old 09-20-2007, 07:39 AM

Default boot

Bought mine from royal and the double is good only for the kolpin IV at this time the double boot for my Rhino is well made and you need two people to hang it on and better directions would be great as I took mine apart a couple time to get it right