Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2018, 05:49 PM

Default Shutdown

Very interesting. Looks like Schumer has the upper hand. How can Don spin this when he comes back to the table. The man behind the ‘art of the deal’ is getting a lesson in real negotiating.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:57 PM

I’m thinking the Don is under house arrest. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly is conducting a military coup at this moment.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:01 PM
Gone Hunting

never mind......
Old 01-20-2018, 06:16 PM

Hmmm, you guys must not be following Q on Reddit? The next few weeks are going to be pretty entertaining... once the FISA Memo is released to the public heads are gonna roll, lol.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ZL1 View Post
Hmmm, you guys must not be following Q on Reddit? The next few weeks are going to be pretty entertaining... once the FISA Memo is released to the public heads are gonna roll, lol.
It’s pretty scary the new found power of corruption.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:06 PM

The whole reason behind the shut down is that the democrats want to attach DACA and other illegal immigration pieces to the government spending bill and the republicans want to have a clean spending bill with no added ear pieces to keep the government open for business. It is all simply politics and who can pressure who to get what they want, its all about who has the most leverage to get what they want. In actuality the so called shut down only affects approx. 17% of non essential government workers, the other 83% still gets paid but is deferred until the situation is resolved. Depending on your beliefs and which party your loyalty lie there are positives and negatives on both sides.
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschache View Post
The whole reason behind the shut down is that the democrats want to attach DACA and other illegal immigration pieces to the government spending bill and the republicans want to have a clean spending bill with no added ear pieces to keep the government open for business. It is all simply politics and who can pressure who to get what they want, its all about who has the most leverage to get what they want. In actuality the so called shut down only affects approx. 17% of non essential government workers, the other 83% still gets paid but is deferred until the situation is resolved. Depending on your beliefs and which party your loyalty lie there are positives and negatives on both sides.
The way I read it is that Don wants funding for the wall, and the dems are countering with DACA. Kelly has tried to minmalize the wall component. ‘The memo’ is a thrust to discredit the FBI
Old 01-20-2018, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ZL1 View Post
I can't wait!!!!
Old 01-20-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
The way I read it is that Don wants funding for the wall, and the dems are countering with DACA. Kelly has tried to minmalize the wall component. ‘The memo’ is a thrust to discredit the FBI
"The Memo"? are you referring to all of the FISA/dossier information? If half the information brought to light about the corruption in the politicized FBI of the past 8 plus years then I would have to think that some high level people will be in trouble.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:33 PM

Its funny, they were running half trillion dollar deficits under obama now trump is spending and cutting taxes at the same time. I think they will have to borrow over a trillion per year or more now just to keep the lights on
Old 01-20-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
Its funny, they were running half trillion dollar deficits under obama now trump is spending and cutting taxes at the same time. I think they will have to borrow over a trillion per year or more now just to keep the lights on
You mean budgets don’t balance themselves?
Old 01-20-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
From what I understand by cutting all the government regulations, cutting taxes and repatriating over seas billions/trillion from companies at a one time low tax to be invested in the US will create HUGE growth with in turn creates more taxable money to the government at a lower percent which is supposed to cover the spending of the government and from what I have read could possibly start to pay down their debt. time will tell.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:11 PM

Was hoping this was about a Canada government shutdown.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
From what I understand by cutting all the government regulations, cutting taxes and repatriating over seas billions/trillion from companies at a one time low tax to be invested in the US will create HUGE growth with in turn creates more taxable money to the government at a lower percent which is supposed to cover the spending of the government and from what I have read could possibly start to pay down their debt. time will tell.
I wonder, if an American semiconductor manufacturer acquires a German fabrication plant, and continues to employ the German workforce, is that American jobs that will be brought home?
Old 01-20-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Our government hasn't worked for us for a couple of years now.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Our government hasn't worked for us for a couple of years now.
Lol!
Old 01-20-2018, 09:30 PM

Good time to permanently shut down parts of the Government. Fire the 83% of Non-essential personal for good.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:16 AM

I thought by the thread title u were gunna ask for fitters, insulators and such, ha,

TBark
Old 01-21-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
I believe the government in Ottawa is still on X-Mas break so in a way we are shutdown.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:

When you have to borrow trillions over the course of a few years to pay for tax cuts you arent really cutting taxes, just shifting burden. If the government had a surplus or something then cut taxes i could see that being positive on both sides
Old 01-21-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
When you have to borrow trillions over the course of a few years to pay for tax cuts you arent really cutting taxes, just shifting burden. If the government had a surplus or something then cut taxes i could see that being positive on both sides
You can cut taxes by stopping the distribution of taxes payers dollars to things like aid to Pakistan and the UN and stopping that global warming hoax. Americans are already starting to see bigger pay checks. The man can't fix their deficit in one year or four but putting the money back in American workers pockets is never a bad thing.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowierjp View Post
You can cut taxes by stopping the distribution of taxes payers dollars to things like aid to Pakistan and the UN and stopping that global warming hoax. Americans are already starting to see bigger pay checks. The man can't fix their deficit in one year or four but putting the money back in American workers pockets is never a bad thing.

Yeah but whenever the government borrows money it is really the taxpayer going further into debt.

Government borrows 100$ to give a 100$ tax break, pays interest at 3% for ten years soo 30% of the original tax break. Government has to pay to implement the changes and administer the debt, pays 100$ back.

When the government pays the 100$ back, who do they take that from? The same guy that got the break, lol

Unless a tax break is paid for in cash it is just borrowing money from everyones future paycheque or just co tinously grinding the nation further into debt.

The united states is a 21 trillion and counting
Old 01-22-2018, 06:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
I’m thinking the Don is under house arrest. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly is conducting a military coup at this moment.
Lmao. Really?
Old 01-22-2018, 06:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah but whenever the government borrows money it is really the taxpayer going further into debt.

Government borrows 100$ to give a 100$ tax break, pays interest at 3% for ten years soo 30% of the original tax break. Government has to pay to implement the changes and administer the debt, pays 100$ back.

When the government pays the 100$ back, who do they take that from? The same guy that got the break, lol

Unless a tax break is paid for in cash it is just borrowing money from everyones future paycheque or just co tinously grinding the nation further into debt.

The united states is a 21 trillion and counting
I don't think you understand the point there. Americans want their tax dollars going towards their own country, not some ****hole halfway around the world.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
At this rate, even some economists will tell you that the United State's debt is just a fun number to look at, and that nobody is really certain what is going to happen if the USA just continues to ramp up their debt load with continued massive trillion dollar deficits. Who is going to force them to pay their debts? Nobody, not China, not anybody. We're all just witnessing the world's most ridiculous economic case study. Continue borrowing as much as possible within limits of continuing reasonable growth and keep oil traded in USD and inflation will never catch them.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
At this rate, even some economists will tell you that the United State's debt is just a fun number to look at, and that nobody is really certain what is going to happen if the USA just continues to ramp up their debt load with continued massive trillion dollar deficits. Who is going to force them to pay their debts? Nobody, not China, not anybody. We're all just witnessing the world's most ridiculous economic case study. Continue borrowing as much as possible within limits of continuing reasonable growth and keep oil traded in USD and inflation will never catch them.

The tax just gets shifted into the future....look how many taxes we pay compared to a long time ago
Old 01-23-2018, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Take a look at what happened when Kansas tried this at a state level, it got ugly fast.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway.../#17f9cd155508
Old 01-23-2018, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Take a look at what happened when Kansas tried this at a state level, it got ugly fast.
Tell us more...
Old 01-23-2018, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Tell us more...
It’s pretty clear at this point that nobody here can tell you anything. Have a look at the link I added though, I do look forward to seeing how you’re going to argue Forbes is run by a bunch of commies.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
It’s pretty clear at this point that nobody here can tell you anything. Have a look at the link I added though, I do look forward to seeing how you’re going to argue Forbes is run by a bunch of commies.
LOL

*mic drop*