Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 AM

Finally got to try 'em this morning.
EXCELLENT!

I have a recipe for barbecue burgers you might like to try:

2 parts ground beef/deer/moose/elk
1 part ground pork

1 envelope of onion soup mix per lb of meat
1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsps sea salt, 1/2 tsp MSG per lb

Mix everything real well and make your patties.

Enjoy!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
Finally got to try 'em this morning.
EXCELLENT!

I have a recipe for barbecue burgers you might like to try:

2 parts ground beef/deer/moose/elk
1 part ground pork

1 envelope of onion soup mix per lb of meat
1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsps sea salt, 1/2 tsp MSG per lb

Mix everything real well and make your patties.

Enjoy!
I am on it. Was wondering what to do for lunch.
I do alot of Japenese cooking and they love their MSG, but call it something else so no one hassles them about it. They call it Ajinomoto.
Need to grab some pork but have the rest of it.
Glad you liked the pancakes.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:06 PM

Wow omega, I personally love those pancakes! 3 or 4 were a good filling meal! My mom wasn't a fan of the eggy taste. I sure likely them, i cut up some banana and ate them with banana, instead of having the maple syrup! Great recipe.

Thanks,
Brett
Old 01-19-2016, 08:19 AM

Old recipe that I dug out and updated this morning.
I removed the vanilla and added 5g of Maple Powder.
Needed a way to use up all the egg whites from the Eggs Benny fest on the weekend
Old 01-19-2016, 08:22 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

So eat two and then work out or work out then eat two?
How long until I notice results?
Going to Cuba next month so gotta get me beach body all pumped up!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-19-2016, 08:27 AM

I think you need to try the Cuban Mojito Diet!!!!

And for additional regularity I recommend a little concoction called La Candela-various rums, Pineapple and Pineapple liqueurs.
You will forget that there is sand up your butt crack after a few of those
Old 01-19-2016, 08:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
I think you need to try the Cuban Mojito Diet!!!!
Will it give me the squirts

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-19-2016, 09:31 AM

Old 01-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Banned

Everyone seems to be recommending just the egg whites in their recipes, when the yolks are such a nutritionally dense/beneficial food. Cholesterol fears have been largely disproven, and in fact the fats/cholesterols are ones which our bodies need so why leave out the yolks? Looking at some of the recipes, it cant be calories. Proteins? Thats debatable too apparently...
http://paleoleap.com/an-egg-yolk-a-d...e-doctor-away/
http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Egg-...g-Yolks-364527
Old 01-19-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
Everyone seems to be recommending just the egg whites in their recipes, when the yolks are such a nutritionally dense/beneficial food. Cholesterol fears have been largely disproven, and in fact the fats/cholesterols are ones which our bodies need so why leave out the yolks? Looking at some of the recipes, it cant be calories. Proteins? Thats debatable too apparently...
http://paleoleap.com/an-egg-yolk-a-d...e-doctor-away/
http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Egg-...g-Yolks-364527
Slide a big ole Butter Pat on top
Old 01-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Slide a big ole Butter Pat on top
But steak, peanut butter, honey are ok?

Last edited by drhu22; 01-19-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:59 AM

Nutrition advice seems to swing more than the price of oil.

I would say that this recipe might interest someone trying to increase protein while avoiding/cutting down on white flour and sugar.

Using a cup of yolks would have change this recipe somewhat into a Franken-omelette with a much more dense nature. But users are free to walk any path that they want and champion any cause.

Last edited by omega50; 01-19-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_magic_stick View Post
Joel told me to make whole wheat protein pancakes some mornings. I had no clue how to do this, he told me to add in a scoop of protein powder into them.
All depends on how lazy I am in the morning. If I'm fealing up to it I make something similar to the OPs recipe. If I just want some quick pancakes I will get out a regular store bought whole wheat mix and add 1 to 1 1/2 scoops of a light flavored Protein powder (ON french vanilla is a good flavor for this). Mix with milk to batter consistency and cook as normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdapres' View Post
Yeah I don't eat tofu either, nothing fermented. Oh well.
Once you discount fermented food as well there isn't much for non dairy substitutes for Cottage Cheese.

It will not give you the same tast as this recipient but is still very good (if you ask me) to substitute the Cottage Cheese with Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Will it give me the squirts
No diet like the "Beaver Feaver" diet to shead the pounds fast.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Nutrition advice seems to swing more than the price of oil.

I know several people, old timers who, if dietary advice was worth anything, they would have been dead for many years yet they are still alive, or just recently deceased.

One example. Granny we called her. She went to her rewards a few summers ago.
Her favorite food were dried Moose meat dipped in pure lard, like one would dip a potato chip.
Plus she drank a mickey of whiskey every day for at least the forty plus years I knew her and she smoked a pack of du MAURIER every day for that whole time as well, and it did eventually kill her. At the age of 104.

Myself, I eat what I like, a lot of fried foods, bacon, as much as I can get. Lots of Macaroni, and as much wild food, berries, mushrooms meat as I can get.

My health is not great. I'm told that my lungs are shot, but it appears to me that this is the result of a misdiagnosis plus years of breathing welding fumes, paint fumes and grain dust ext.
My back gives me grief, an old injury. That's what you get when a 16 year old skinny kid takes a job alongside grown up alcoholics of a different skin color. Long story.

The upshot is that with the lung issues and the bad back I don't get much exercise. Never did, not since I graduated anyway.
And I have never ever made any effort to eat healthy foods, or should I say, foods recommended as healthy.

Don't get me wrong, I lead an active life. I hunt and used to trap, did a lot of walking and heavy lifting. But never for exercise.
For my entire working career I was employed in labor intensive fields. Even my years of driving big rigs involved a lot of labor. Loading and unloading, chaining down loads, tarping loads, truck repairs, ext.
All the exercise I got was in the way of doing a job or pursuing my choice of recreation.

Now I am sixty one years old, nearly sixty two. I can still work and earn a living. I am not in a wheal chair or dependent on a cocktail of pharmaceuticals. And I still smoke, wish I didn't but it is what it is.

Mean while, all around me people I know are meeting their end, a good many long before they reached middle age. Most did not smoke or drink, several followed a regular exercise routine, some were very careful about what they eat and followed the latest recommended dietary advice.

My oldest son, my kid brother and bestest friend in the whole world, three of my sisters, neighbors friends, co-workers, all have gone to their rewards yet I remain, and in reasonably good health for my age I think.

So what is the real truth? Is diet really that important, or is it only that important if we live a sedentary life style. Or is it the chemical brew that many of our foods have become?

Honestly, I think the key factors are ones individual physiology and ones exposure to man made chemicals, plus heaping portion of luck of the draw.

I have another source of confidence many refuse to consider. It works for me and that's their right.

One thing I do know. Science is a good thing but it is not the only answer and often it is not even the right answer. Remember, there was a time when the best minds in the world believed that the world was flat.

More recently there was Formaldehyde, thalidomide, DDT and host of other things that science said was safe that we know now was not safe in any sense of the word.
And keep in mind, at this very moment, our government is using Strychnine to poison animals. Never mind the motivation, the tool, strychnine, comes straight from the bowls of hell. It IS the nuclear bomb of the poison world.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-19-2016, 04:34 PM

Posta pic of artery hardening Bacon and all is right with the world.
Post a pic of a healthy pancake and everyone is driven to face their own mortality

I do enjoy this forum. I seldom understand it-but I do enjoy it