Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2024, 08:52 AM

Default Morning Dose of Dumb --- Fed Budget - Impact of Capital Gains

This interview with the Liberal Minister for small busienss gave me my full dose of stupid for next month.

According to this Liberal MP under this budget they are willing to drive out experienced doctors educated in our country, from a health care system that is already short of doctors, with a solution to bring in foreign health professionals with credentials that need to be elevated

https://twitter.com/i/status/1783125859140055419

Unreal that 25% of people still support this party.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
Unreal that 25% of people still support this party.
Polling graveyards counts I guess…
Old 04-25-2024, 09:30 AM

Thanks for the link- quite a bit of pushback on the changes to capital gains, including from groups that the Liberals may not have been intending to target. Lots of collateral damage.

This interview is a microcosm of liberal comm strategy: first skirt the subject and distract (in this case by countering with an assertion that they will bring in foreign physicians to replace the Canadian-trained docs that may leave). When further pressed on the issue, they revert to talking points that despite only being a week old are already being overused to the point of madness. In this case, FAIRNESS of the budget in redistribution of wealth.

Agh..
Old 04-25-2024, 09:42 AM

The Jagmeet led liberal mafia has no understanding of this country.

BW
Old 04-25-2024, 09:55 AM

According to Friedland, opponents don't understand Economics.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-25-2024, 10:00 AM

The frightening part is that the NDP will make it worse if they can.

-Billy Molls
Old 04-25-2024, 10:01 AM

The irony of Capital Gains taxation is that it is not going to fill the Liberal Piggy Bank any time soon.

The Liberals do need alot of money in a hurry but they have discovered that the oil industry is not able to be milked the way it used to.

They are now finally realizing what the economic impact on their attack on Western Canadian Oil has in fact done.

Now imagine if the 110,000 jobs lost from the Oil Industry in 2015 - 2016 had been paying top Income Tax Rate to the Feds over all these years.

I do have a solution for the Feds. Tax the Solar panels and Windmills!

Drewski
Old 04-25-2024, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
The irony of Capital Gains taxation is that it is not going to fill the Liberal Piggy Bank any time soon.

The Liberals do need alot of money in a hurry but they have discovered that the oil industry is not able to be milked the way it used to.

They are now finally realizing what the economic impact on their attack on Western Canadian Oil has in fact done.

Now imagine if the 110,000 jobs lost from the Oil Industry in 2015 - 2016 had been paying top Income Tax Rate to the Feds over all these years.

I do have a solution for the Feds. Tax the Solar panels and Windmills!

Drewski
If the lieberals had that tax revenue, we'd have a Trillion dollar deficit. Giving them more money isn't the answer.

BW
Old 04-25-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
According to this Liberal MP under this budget they are willing to drive out experienced doctors educated in our country, from a health care system that is already short of doctors, with a solution to bring in foreign health professionals with credentials that need to be elevated.
As someone with over 30 years as a health care professional, I'd be more concerned as a member of the public that the government wants to lower the standards for foreign practioners than I am as a professional that they are stealing from my retirement to fund idiotic policy. That's saying something.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:44 AM

Dumb idiot! My dog can do a better job! Minister of a small business? Waste of skin!
Old 04-25-2024, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Dumb idiot! My dog can do a better job! Minister of a small business? Waste of skin!
Now, now. Let's all be nice.

I mean, things could be worse. You need to consider this.

For example, there could be a Minister of Middle Class Prosperity instead.

This is just a theoretical discussion because no Prime Minister would ever do something this... silly. So please don't freeze my bank account or accuse me of being an arsonist.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranq78 View Post
Now, now. Let's all be nice.

I mean, things could be worse. You need to consider this.

For example, there could be a Minister of Middle Class POVERTY instead.

This is just a theoretical discussion because no Prime Minister would ever do something this... silly. So please don't freeze my bank account or accuse me of being an arsonist.
There, fixed it for you. But we all know that's where the Libs and NDP are taking us anyway!

Drewski
Old 04-25-2024, 01:51 PM

f. FROWN. she is nuts
Old 04-25-2024, 01:54 PM

Default A Canada that's FAIR for all Generations????

This twit of a Minister quotes the famous Justin as her fall back position?

"What we are trying to do is create a Canada that's FAIR for all Generations?"

SO a Doctor has played by the rules their entire working life. The Doctor or ANY Self Incorporated Professional, relied on the certainty of the rules continuing for their retirement planning. THEN the rules are changed?

A Lifetime of tax paying has occurred, and the whole point is that the person, without a Government Pension or Company Pension, can enjoy a standard of living in retirement. THEN they get told the game has changed from hockey to golf, but you should have known you would be playing golf at the end all along, right ???

So what could be more fair to all Canadians is to punish the Older Generation so Justin and Friends can try to sway votes from the younger Generation who have become disillusioned by the Canada Justin and Friends have made for all of us.

Sure. Sounds Fair to a fool in a red dress!!

As for bringing in Foreign Trained Doctors, to fill "Jobs", if Doctors are largely fee for service, paid by a Provincial Healthcare Plan, how does recruiting outside of Canada address the healthcare crisis?

Maybe the Immigrant Doctors will be looking at the Tax beating they will take in a Fee for Service environment after Capital Gains on top of regular Income Tax and Non Eligible Dividend Income has been deducted?

Maybe they will choose a different Country to immigrate to and practice Medicine in AND our Physicians will immigrate to the US where they are welcome with open arms?

For once I wish these clowns in Ottawa would be honest and admit they wrecked the Canadian Economy.

Drewski
Old 04-25-2024, 01:57 PM

Quote:
There, fixed it for you. But we all know that's where the Libs and NDP are taking us anyway!

Drewski

Under Trudeau's Canada it be like George Orwell's 1984.

The ministry of truth = lies
The ministry of peace = war
The ministry of love = punishment
The ministry of plenty = poverty

Ministry of Plenty already taken, so he had to use Ministry of Middle Class Prosperity!!
Old 04-25-2024, 03:28 PM

Quote:

SO a Doctor has played by the rules their entire working life. The Doctor or ANY Self Incorporated Professional, relied on the certainty of the rules continuing for their retirement planning. THEN the rules are changed?

A Lifetime of tax paying has occurred, and the whole point is that the person, without a Government Pension or Company Pension, can enjoy a standard of living in retirement. THEN they get told the game has changed from hockey to golf, but you should have known you would be playing golf at the end all along, right ???

So what could be more fair to all Canadians is to punish the Older Generation so Justin and Friends can try to sway votes from the younger Generation who have become disillusioned by the Canada Justin and Friends have made for all of us.

As for bringing in Foreign Trained Doctors, to fill "Jobs", if Doctors are largely fee for service, paid by a Provincial Healthcare Plan, how does recruiting outside of Canada address the healthcare crisis?

Maybe the Immigrant Doctors will be looking at the Tax beating they will take in a Fee for Service environment after Capital Gains on top of regular Income Tax and Non Eligible Dividend Income has been deducted?

Maybe they will choose a different Country to immigrate to and practice Medicine in AND our Physicians will immigrate to the US where they are welcome with open arms?

For once I wish these clowns in Ottawa would be honest and admit they wrecked the Canadian Economy.

Drewski
X-tremely well said
Old 04-25-2024, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Drewski
It just crippled private investment and they already know that people/corporations will just increase costs to make up for increased taxation, which what’s left of the middle class, will pay for. They’re banking on their catchphrase fooling stupid people. It will fool some, but they’re too far gone in the polls to ever make a comeback. Drop the writ.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:18 AM

it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. the liars in office will at some point introduce legislation to claw back funds which the baby boomers had saved up through real estate or business ventures for retirement and estaes to pass to their children when they pass away. expect the government to introduce an estate tax. it isn't because the boomers cheated the following generations, it's because the political and financial elite fraudulently mismanaged the finances to their benefit.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:13 PM

Carney is chiming in, trudolt’s resignation must be around the corner. Cut of the same cloth the two of them.