Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-25-2017, 06:23 AM

My condolences go out to the young fellow that lost his life,,, I'm sure his family and friends will feel his loss.

Sad for the other young fellow involved in this incident,,,and his kin folks and friends in his circle.

Two young lives changed, and familys hearts torn apart.

Nothing good of this for ether of them.

Don
Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
My condolences go out to the young fellow that lost his life,,, I'm sure his family and friends will feel his loss.

Sad for the other young fellow involved in this incident,,,and his kin folks and friends in his circle.

Don
,,,,,this guy nailed it
Old 09-25-2017, 01:16 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post

Don
Spot on, tragic for all involved, be safe out there.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-26-2017, 12:18 PM

Such a tragedy for all involved. Terrible situation..

I put myself in the spot, seeing some kind of movement and not clarifying the target prior to taking a shot. Just can’t wrap my head around that decision!!
Old 09-26-2017, 01:36 PM

This is Sad, and agreed with other posters above in that it highlights how important a safety first thought process. No animal is worth not knowing that its safe to shoot and given the age its possible that his inexperience was a factor.

I do see some people wanting to have this young man potentially do jail time due to the death. I am not sure what that will accomplish, he did all the right things after the fact and could have run and hid. I think he deserves credit for that and in his early 20's I think that shows a ton of character. Obviously this isn't going to go away and the result was tragic and I am sure devastating. I just don't know that punishing a kid further (other then taking away his right to own arms) is going to accomplish much. I suspect he is going through a lot of pain right now and its not going away anytime soon.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:54 PM
Banned

you can shoot an intruder in your home and get charged quicker then this guy who killed someone while out hunting.

There's pretty clear rules when killing someone with a gun that one could be charged with if your fire arms laws mean anything.

Not sure why anyones suggesting laws should be ignored or treated differently for different people.

Wouldnt it be great if we could determine the penalty for our crimes? No one got hurt by my speeding ticket your honor... I feel really really bad. Please feel free to throw this out because I'm sorry. My speeding was an accident.