Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-19-2019, 12:43 PM

Default Barrett Fieldcraft

Does anyone in the Edmonton area own one of these? I would be interested in seeing one & handling one, if possible before I make a decision to buy one? Also does anyone on here anywhere have one for sale?
Thanks
ZD
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 09-19-2019, 02:39 PM

https://store.prophetriver.com/barrett-1/
Old 09-19-2019, 02:49 PM

I hear good things. I really want one in 223 but the company put the 223 fieldcraft on the back burner because they where awarded a 50 million dollar military contract. So who knows when they will make the 223 priority again. I guess they made it a 1:7 twist and a micro action that didn’t have space to feed the heavy .22 anyway. Hope they scratch the micro action next go around.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakoAlberta View Post
I thought about heading there but was hoping to handle or see one in Edmonton and then just order one.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 09-19-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Does anyone in the Edmonton area own one of these? I would be interested in seeing one & handling one, if possible before I make a decision to buy one? Also does anyone on here anywhere have one for sale?
Thanks
ZD
Shoot me a PM.