Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-17-2019, 05:19 PM

Default Price Check/Commemorative 30-30/ Military 303

A friend would like to get an approx value for some firearms he wants to sell:
First, NIB 1894 Canadian Comanche Commemorative Carbine 30-30
Never fired, in original box with inserts and a rolled up poster, with owners documents, lace up shell holder.
Second: You will need to ask questions to nail this one down. He sent a pic and looks like it has original military full stock on top of the barrel / full stock on bottom to the bayonet fixture...includes bayonet/scabbard (maybe metal?). Marking on metal looks like a crown on top / next line GR / next line / 1918/next line LSACoL ....
Also a Model 37 Ithaca 12 gauge pump.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by 260 Rem; 09-17-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:20 PM

More on the 303 ...markings below 1918 is S (or maybe C) HT LE / and 111 on bottom line.
Owner thinks it is a Lee Enfield SMLE MK 111
Bayonet fits but is not “original” with the gun. Mark looks to be
C
L7070. (the “L” could be a “1”?
Old 09-17-2019, 09:57 PM

The 303 if original condition will run from 700 to 900. LSA didn't produce as many SMLE as the rest of manufacturers. Not rare but not as common. Some things will effect price. Does it have mag cutoff? FTR stamped on it? Windage rear sight? N mark on LH side of metal wrist band, naval service mark. Volley sights? Like anything bore condition.

I paid 800 for mine, N marked . Not FTR marked but went through arsenal and rear sight pinned and barrel replaced. Volley sights removed but still has disks. Mine a 1916 that had barrel replaced in 1918. Also Canadian service rifle broad C stamped. Unsure that it saw service with Canada during WW1.

Pictures of rifle would help.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:41 PM

Thanks hogie ... I will try to figure out how to get the pictures from my email to this site. I am not up-to-speed on any of the old military stuff and I doubt my friend will be of great assistance as he is not a “gun guy”.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
A friend would like to get an approx value for some firearms he wants to sell:
First, NIB 1894 Canadian Comanche Commemorative Carbine 30-30
Never fired, in original box with inserts and a rolled up poster, with owners documents, lace up shell holder.
Second: You will need to ask questions to nail this one down. He sent a pic and looks like it has original military full stock on top of the barrel / full stock on bottom to the bayonet fixture...includes bayonet/scabbard (maybe metal?). Marking on metal looks like a crown on top / next line GR / next line / 1918/next line LSACoL ....
Also a Model 37 Ithaca 12 gauge pump.
Any help would be appreciated.
Yes its a crown

GR is for Georgius Rex ( monarch of)

1918 year of manufacture

LSA COL is London small arms Company Limited
Old 09-18-2019, 06:21 AM

Have him look at the rear of the bolt handle and get the serial number. Now look at the RH side of the receiver and get the number from there. On the same side of the barrel in a even line to the receiver serial number will be another number. Do they all match?? Take the front sight and flip it forward. Underneath the sight will be another number. Does it match the first 3 numbers? All markings will be easily visable. Now look at the mag and does it have a number that matches the first 4? If its full wood take a look at the end cap on the stock. Number on it and matching the others?