Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Default leduc area yotes

Anyone want to do some yote hunting near leduc? I have permission about 25 mins south of here on two quarters of farm land just looking for some company, ill be out there all winter.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:02 PM

When are you thinking about heading out? Im in Calgary, but I'd love to make the drive to hunt some yotes. Send me a pm maybe we can set something up.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Default Sheep hunting ,one last time !

Just putting this out there for this fall or next.
I have a group of guys I hunt big game with . I have shot everything at least once.
The hunt I want to do again is a sheep hunt.
Sure I can ask my other partners ,but I am over 50 .their not
If there are some other old timers that want to do it one more time .
lets talk.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:34 AM

Thumbs down I am a new hunter in ontario, i need a friend...

HELLO FELLOW BOW HUNTERS OUT THERE, I AM NEW, BUT BORN FOR THE HUNT...I NEED A FRIEND MY WIFE SAYS...LOL...
WELL, ANYONE WHO CAN LEND THE HAND & KNOWLEDGE TO HELP ME GET MY FIRST DEER OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER DOWN THIS YEAR...I'VE HAD MY STAND OUT LAST YEAR TRYING ALL ALONE, BUT I HAD NO OPPORTUNITIES TO EVEN SEE AN ANIMAL, I NEED A FRIEND..
Old 01-21-2012, 10:36 AM

Thumbs down Too far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhuntlover View Post
anyone want to do some yote hunting near leduc? I have permission about 25 mins south of here on two quarters of farm land just looking for some company, ill be out there all winter.
i would love to, where the hell is that??? Im in southern ontario... Anyone?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Anyone want to do some yote hunting near leduc? I have permission about 25 mins south of here on two quarters of farm land just looking for some company, ill be out there all winter.
I'd be interested, I live just west of Calmar. Let me know when you're heading out I'd love to come along.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhunterneedsahand View Post
i would love to, where the hell is that??? Im in southern ontario... Anyone?
little far away bud most guys are from alberta, there should be lots of yotes and wolves in Southern ontario
Old 02-04-2012, 02:26 PM

I have been hunting for two years now and would love to find a hunting partner for bear in the spring in the hinton/edson area..I usually hunt 344 but I am willing to travel a little, I've never hunted bear before and would love to learn.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:29 PM

I'm in the Medicine hat if any one is looking to go out yote shooting sometime and/ or fall deer hunting
Old 02-05-2012, 12:52 AM

hey guys
jake here im from manitoba and have always wanted to go for a hunt in alberta for whitetail or moose, i've hunted all my life growing up with my dad and am having a hard time trying to find a hunting partner. i would be up for the travelling and expenses if theres anyone wantin to take a manitoban out on a hunt just drop me a pm and we can get a game plan together thanks.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Howdy,

I am younger fellow located in Calgary. I am interested in hunting anything so if you need a partner give me a shout!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM

Default Brooks Coyotes

Anyone in the Brooks Alberta area having lots of success hunting coyotes. I would appreciate someone taking me along and showing me the ropes. thanks.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Default hi i want to go hunting this season

hi im alain im from ontario, but just moved to fort mcmurray for work and would love to find someone to go hunting with i have all my gear and will be getting my tags soon,im the type of hunter thats will go out in any climates and i am in great shape can walk pretty far, i also have a quad, and i am not afraid to help around camp would love to find someone that nows his area of hunting, in the past ive been moose hunting and bear and small game, but im up to hunt anything i love shooting guns lol
Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 AM

i am free until next monday and i am looking to hunt just anything right now.
if anyone is interested in rabbit hunting, i got a nice place, i just cant go there by myself.
if anyone have too many coyotes, i would love to give this a try.

and if anybody have any input for pig hunting, i would sell my soul to find one of those pigs

send text if interested. i will be gone for the next 4 monts and all i have left so far is friday, saturday, sunday and monday to hunt as much as i can. that weekend will be epic
Old 02-23-2012, 12:50 AM

Looking for a yote hunting partner. I'm in SE Calgary.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM

Default Looking for a Mentor

Hi,

I am looking for a mentor to show me how to hunt smaller game (rabbits to yotes, can't go any bigger, only have a suv). I live in Calgary.

If anyone out there wants to pass on the tradition of hunting and willing to show a newbie the way to do it. Send me a pm.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post
Hi,

I am looking for a mentor to show me how to hunt smaller game (rabbits to yotes, can't go any bigger, only have a suv). I live in Calgary.

If anyone out there wants to pass on the tradition of hunting and willing to show a newbie the way to do it. Send me a pm.
I have Put three Deer whole in the trunk of my little tiny car and never got a drop of blood anywhere in the car. You can Get anything you want in your SUV.

I do admit i use my truck as much as possible. but if it isnt an option then im not going to let using a car stop me from hunting big game.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 PM

Look for some crown land out near Barrhead. I hear its got pigs. Or go on a guided hunt (they go year round) for your first time out that way.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrand View Post
and if anybody have any input for pig hunting, i would sell my soul to find one of those pigs
Look for some crown land out near Barrhead. I hear its got pigs. Or go on a guided hunt (they go year round) for your first time out that way.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Hi,

buy some plastic container and debone on site, I've been hunting big game for 20 yrs and bought my first truck 2 yrs ago.... a car can do alot more than people think
Old 03-18-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Hi,

I know many people that hunt deer and even moose with cars. I agree with the plastic tubs but if you're looking to be real redneck like a couple guys I know, they simply put the animal right on the roof rack of there SUV and haul it home that way.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 PM

Default Looking for a hunting group/partner for 2012 season

I'm looking for a partner/group for the 2012 deer season. I have all of the gear both rifles and archery except a quad. I prefer hiking and hunting. I now live in Calgary after moving from Vancouver Island and am flexible as to the exact dates. I have hunted deer and elk in BC - interior and Vancouver Island and NS over the years and have many years of experience. I am 56 years old and in great physical condition. I have hunted elk near Fernie and have had a few camps there! I am interested in hunting mulies if possible.

Need someone who is a capable hunter, willing to work hard, able to share expenses, a decent conversationalist, and will be 100% committed to doing some hunts.

Let me know if you are interested and hopefully we can put something together very soon. Thanks for reading.

Carroll.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerHuntLover View Post
Would love to give that a try. Pm Sent
Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 PM

Default newbie

Hey guys im not really a newbie persay I have been hunting for a few years in 25 and from nova scotia i just movied to calgary last month, got my WIN card and a couple rifles and I want to learn about hunting in albrta. I would like to know what tags are draw only and what tags you can just go out and buy. If someone is willing i would like to head out and do some coyote and gopher hunting any time and then some duck, goose and deer hunting this fall. Like I said I live in the south end of calgary. Any info on farmers that would let me shoot coyotes on their property would be great. Oh an for deer hunting I have a 2010 F-150 that I dont mind getting dirty (or fueling up lol).
Old 03-22-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insurgus View Post
Looking for a yote hunting partner. I'm in SE Calgary.
I live in the SE of calgary and would love to go coyote hunting if you know of some places to go. I have a truck and a 22-250 PM me and I will give you my phone #.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefisher11 View Post
I have Put three Deer whole in the trunk of my little tiny car and never got a drop of blood anywhere in the car. You can Get anything you want in your SUV.

I do admit i use my truck as much as possible. but if it isnt an option then im not going to let using a car stop me from hunting big game.
Ha, I crammed a black bear into the back of my civic when I had it
Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 AM

Default Yotes

Looking for someone with land access and experience to show me how to hunt coyotes.
I'd like to hunt with an old timer that has the mileage to teach a new timer what's going on out there.
I have a Jeep to get there if access is an issue (no lift but very capable)

Yotes could be a good starting point for something bigger later (deer, elk...).
Old 03-29-2012, 02:35 PM

Hello all, never hunted before, dont have a licence, dont have a gun... just want to get out and see if i would truly be interested in hunting. Birds or game, doesnt matter, I live in Calgary, so any place nearby would be great.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:50 PM

Default gophers

well its close to that time again, GOPHERS!!!. Just wondering if anyone wants a partner to go out with, havent gone since moving to alberta, been a couple years. Have guns, will travel. let me know, would love to go out closer to home instead of heading to Lloyd area. Stony Plain.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 PM

I also hunt around this area. Around pine lake and three hills. Hunt geese, ducks, deer etc. I hunt with a couple guys now but the more the merrier. always good to have other ppl to hunt with. I went quite a bit by myself last yr due to days off being during the week.