Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2018, 02:44 PM

Default Don Sweeney blows it!

I thought the lack of future thought was gone(ie.Sinden,McConnell etc) was gone & the Bruins looked to the future not the past or present.Then Sweeney trades away our future & blows up the team chemistry after one of the teams best win records after a bad start. Sitting in or near first place & blow it up for what? A has never been lived up to the hype player that shows up for less than half a period ready to play a Bruins style of hockey? Sweeney thinks that giving away 3 good players who contribute on a regular basis & 2 top picks for a 23 game rental is worth blowing up the great chemistry with zero return is a great idea? What is he doing? Listening to Jacobs again?( never smart)even if it works( it won't)why mess with success? Not like they are on the bubble for a spot in the playoffs?
Old 02-25-2018, 02:52 PM

I'm no NHL GM but that trade confuses me as well. Maybe hoping Nash can regain some of his past glory, maybe likes his size for a playoff run, but they are within a few points of each other this year and last year Nash put up 38 pts and the year before, 36. Spooner put up 39 and 49. Spooner is also 7 years younger. Seems to me it would have been somewhat even straight across, but then Boston throws in two picks and two other players.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:57 PM

Default Sweeney blows it!

Yup exactly even trade not give away 2 more productive players plus a first rounder & a later pick? What a tool? Over pay for a has been that has never produced in the playoffs! And he is slated to resign with NYR for half price July 1
Old 02-25-2018, 03:08 PM

Also in the trade ......
Matt Beleskey to the Rangers 50% retained salary

Nash's salary is 50% retained

And, look who's shown up on the Bruins' farm.
https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...02675551744001
Old 02-25-2018, 07:44 PM

Me as well....what a head scratcher...what is it about trade deadline that makes GM’s go brain dead. And for Nash???????
Old 02-25-2018, 07:56 PM

Default Don Sweeney blows it!

Yup proves my point Sweeney is tool! Sign Iginla as well as blow up the chemistry & throw away the future for a never was super talent dud when the game is on the line folds like a cheap plastic chair! Now Jerome can help? They gave away a 30+ goal scorer for nothing( Seguin) that should never have happened!now this will help? Harvard education & this is the result?come on Don wake up!