Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-19-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendrake View Post
Of course not that would be absurd but we are talking about the killing of a free animal that comes and goes from your land you don't own the animal just the land. If a bird lands in your tree is yours? I politely asked to see in writing for myself the actual written law. Not to have insults and anger directed my way.
This has nothing to do with who owns the animal, in fact it has nothing to do with the animal at all. It is about private property, and who has the right of access, and who doesn't.

Quote:
Ignore Hal, he only shows up to stir the pot.
Actually Hal's post was very relevant to the topic being discussed.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendrake View Post
So found the information myself and admit I was spewing rhetoric without knowing the facts much like a rightwing bandwagon voter!
What did you find in the end? I am following along but still want to see the video mostly!

Looking at http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/W10.pdf

I can only find this

Hunting on occupied land 38(1) In this section, “occupied land” means
(a) privately owned land under cultivation or enclosed by a fence of any kind and not exceeding one section in area on which the owner or occupant actually resides, and
(b) any other privately owned land that is within one mile of the section referred to in clause (a) and that is owned or leased by the same owner or occupant.
(2) No person shall hunt any wildlife or discharge any firearm on or over occupied land or enter on occupied land for the purpose of doing so, without the consent of the owner or occupant of it. 1984 cW-9.1 s40
Hunting
Old 09-19-2017, 04:57 PM

Id have called RCMP right in front of him. What he was doing driving and firing off several hundred rounds from a vehicle within feet of a trailer with children around is illegal reckless and dangerous. RCMP have had their chance as have fish and game Id go to Global news give them the video and tell them numerous phone calls to RCMP and F&W have been ignored If they air it you can bet your pension that RCMP and F&W would be contacting you el pronto for more information and likely redfaced as media press them for explanations and likely arresting the nutbar
Old 09-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

The video will never be publicly posted here or anywhere else for many obvious reasons.

To date there has still been zero response from the rcmp and I doubt there ever will be.

Unfortunately this is what hunting in Southern Alberta is becoming more and more every year, one big battlefield.

SK looks better and better every day......
Old 09-19-2017, 08:46 PM

Shoot shovel and shut up

Enjoy your hunt

Too easy
Old 09-20-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Ignore Hal, he only shows up to stir the pot.
Hal gave an example of what logic looks like.
Be like Hal.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentSpokesman View Post
The video will never be publicly posted here or anywhere else for many obvious reasons.

To date there has still been zero response from the rcmp and I doubt there ever will be.

Unfortunately this is what hunting in Southern Alberta is becoming more and more every year, one big battlefield.

SK looks better and better every day......
What the heck is wrong with you? If what you say here is actually true and your so adamant that it unfolded as you say then why don't you walk into the nearest RCMP office and show them this video. If this event unfolded exactly as you say and you have recorded it on video I think they would be very interested about this drive by shooting and dangerous intimidating threatening use of firearms. This whole thing smells really fishy.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
What the heck is wrong with you? If what you say here is actually true and your so adamant that it unfolded as you say then why don't you walk into the nearest RCMP office and show them this video. If this event unfolded exactly as you say and you have recorded it on video I think they would be very interested about this drive by shooting and dangerous intimidating threatening use of firearms. This whole thing smells really fishy.
Exactly!
If this actually happened, I am sure the cops would be very interested and if not then I would be posting this online for sure.
Either this didn't happen as described or there's more to the story that we are not hearing. I think it's the latter.
Either way, as the saying on here sometimes goes: pics or it didn't happen
Old 09-20-2017, 09:08 AM

Default So funny!!

This has went on for 3 pages. Good fiction.

I think we all just need to take a knee....

Was the guy running up and down the road shooting driving a black Dodge dually?
Old 09-20-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
This has went on for 3 pages. Good fiction.

I think we all just need to take a knee....

Was the guy running up and down the road shooting driving a black Dodge dually?
Called that back on page 1, and guys are still getting riled up about nothing.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisg View Post
Carry the app IHunter on your phone and check your position where you're hunting, maybe you did step into his land. At the end of the day if the CO shows up you MIGHT end up getting charge with trespassing.
Fixed it for you...
How does one know this mad foul mouthed idiot even owns a blade of grass in the alleged infraction zone ?

Some people think thye can buffalo others into leaving an open area to themselves if they scream rant and rave enough.

Keep an eye out for this idiot is all I can say.
Rob