Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-14-2014, 09:55 PM

Default arrow lenght

Have a question about varing arrow lenghts?
If you have several different batches of arrows that is different in lenght by less than an inch. will it make much difference in my groupings in regards to accuracy? I realize that if I have a difference in the blazers and field points it will make a difference. Most ofnmy shooting is for 3 d shoots for now.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosmerunited View Post
Have a question about varing arrow lenghts?
If you have several different batches of arrows that is different in lenght by less than an inch. will it make much difference in my groupings in regards to accuracy? I realize that if I have a difference in the blazers and field points it will make a difference. Most ofnmy shooting is for 3 d shoots for now.
Not an expert by any means so with that said I would think that it will make a difference. There will be a few grains difference between all the arrows. Don't know (and don't feel like looking it up) what the weight per inch is of the arrows. Look at it this way: If your average arrow (of your arrows in question) weighs 300 grains, a half inch less weighs 20 grains less and a half inch more weighs 20 grains more. You say approximate one inch difference. That could make the spread from lowest to highest 40 grains. Would you change from a 125 grain field point to a 150 grain field point and NOT expect a difference in point of impact? And your spread could be higher than the 25 grain spread on the example. Remember these are numbers pulled out of the air for illustration I'm sure someone will come on with all the proper numbers. But you get my point?

no pun intended
Old 03-14-2014, 10:11 PM

Talking

Depending on the weight per inch of the shaft it can vary. Especially if the arrow shafts are different.....weigh each arrow on a scale to know the difference between them. The spine of the arrows, if different from one another, can cause major POI changes....compared to one another.

In your scenario I think the difference is minimal.

LC