Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2020, 11:16 AM

Default Anyone Looking for Wool Clothing

Got this from Gostwear yesterday. They sell a lot of really good quality wool pants, jackets etc for semi reasonable prices. At least compared to Filson and others of that ilk. Thought this might interest some of you. I talked to Egli's Sheep Farm as I have bought from them in the past, they are located in Ont vs Gost in Quebec but they will not price match, offer no discount and free shipping doesn't start till you hit $200, and only if you order online. Exact same order would have been $45 more from Egli's.

Quote:
Hi Dean,

We currently have the promo code: 5PERCENT all in capital letters that will give you a 5% discount off the order total. We also offer free shipping on orders over $129.

Robert Stein
rob@gostwear.com
Gost Workwear Inc.
Office: 1-888-464-5880 / Fax: 1-888-464-5880
3432 Blvd. Industriel
www.gostwear.com
Old 02-20-2020, 12:25 PM

Yeah let us know if the quality is there.
I buy Egli, and always blown away by the quality and never had to replace a piece yet.

I would rather have a no-nonsense no haggle price.

Actually don’t worry about letting me know about their quality, I wouldn’t risk changing suppliers anyways. Until I have a reason too.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:29 PM

Up to you, I have bought lots from Egli. The stuff they make themselves is good gear. The stuff I am talking about is mostly made by Big Bill - old Codet label. They are both selling exactly the same make and models of Big Bill so I see no reason to pay 30% more at Egli for exactly the same quality, make and model. You of course are completely free to pay them more if you want to.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:47 PM

Agree to disagree?

I see I do have big bill as well.
I drive thru every couple years and I don’t think I would ever mail order wool clothing.
And yes, I don’t mind paying a little extra to have a great shop like that to visit.

To each his own.

Cheers