Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-18-2014, 07:31 PM

Question Who has the better warranties for binos?

Looking for new 3D/Hunting binos. Can anyone suggest the better warranties available out there? Always had great luck with Bushnell, but not too familiar with the other brands. Have heard good things about Vortex. Who else?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:39 PM

Vortex is by far the best
Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baskey1414 View Post
Vortex is by far the best
Rightyo! Same with leupy.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:20 AM

I worked at wholesale sports and vortex has the best,
for example: Christmas time, person bought vortex at Christmas time, walked outside and slipped, binos went flying into the parking lot and got ran over, he sent it to vortex and got it back within 4 days during the Christmas rush
Old 03-19-2014, 02:35 PM

Default Binos

x100 Vortex 51% of the product needs to be returned for warranty.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:16 PM

Leupold's lifetime transferable warranty has been in place and working for since 1907 which is over 100 years. I have only ever had to use it one time, and it was my fault the scope got broke and they still didn't charge for the repair. I have owned a lot of their products over a 45 year time span. A few are more than 45 years old that I bought used, and to my knowledge they have never needed fixing.

Vortex has a great warranty but at the rate it gets used I can see them going tits up real soon, or changing the warranty coverage. I have two Vortex products bought in the last 2 years because Whole Sale Sports talks them up so well and have used the warranty three times already. Decent product but I wouldn't want to bet my life on them working, nor would I bet a high dollar hunt on their reliability.

If you asked me who makes the very best bino, and is also very reliable, it is Leica. I have Leicas that are over 30 years old and a bunch of their newer stuff. I have never had to send any of it back so I can't speak to their warranty, but they do only come with 10 year coverage. I do know people who have sent them in after coverage expired and were still taken care of but it isn't an obligation on the companies part.

On straight warranty, I vote Leupold. Hard to beat an excellent warranty with very rare need to use it.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:33 PM

Swarovski hands down.

I had a set of 10 X 42 El's for 12 years. I never registered. I sent in to have some work done. No questions asked and they were fixed up as good or better than new and back to Alberta in a month from the time I Sent to the states.

New eye cups were installed and everything clean an polished. Great service!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Leupold's lifetime transferable warranty has been in place and working for since 1907 which is over 100 years. I have only ever had to use it one time, and it was my fault the scope got broke and they still didn't charge for the repair. I have owned a lot of their products over a 45 year time span. A few are more than 45 years old that I bought used, and to my knowledge they have never needed fixing.

Vortex has a great warranty but at the rate it gets used I can see them going tits up real soon, or changing the warranty coverage. I have two Vortex products bought in the last 2 years because Whole Sale Sports talks them up so well and have used the warranty three times already. Decent product but I wouldn't want to bet my life on them working, nor would I bet a high dollar hunt on their reliability.

If you asked me who makes the very best bino, and is also very reliable, it is Leica. I have Leicas that are over 30 years old and a bunch of their newer stuff. I have never had to send any of it back so I can't speak to their warranty, but they do only come with 10 year coverage. I do know people who have sent them in after coverage expired and were still taken care of but it isn't an obligation on the companies part.

On straight warranty, I vote Leupold. Hard to beat an excellent warranty with very rare need to use it.
Leica products are great but their customer support leaves you in tears. Had a problem with a set of Leica rangefinders and suffice it to say I will never own another piece of Leica gear in my life.

Had to send some Nikon binocs in and it was a 4 month turnaround and they replaced them with a poorer set. No more Nikon in my stable.

Leupold I have to send in 2 binocs and 1 scope. Turnaround time fantastic. No questions.

Sent my Dads 40 year old redfield scope in and they sent me a new one a couple months later. Actually they sent a catalog so I could choose one as his had long been discontinued.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy300 View Post
Swarovski hands down.

I had a set of 10 X 42 El's for 12 years. I never registered. I sent in to have some work done. No questions asked and they were fixed up as good or better than new and back to Alberta in a month from the time I Sent to the states.

New eye cups were installed and everything clean an polished. Great service!
Swarovski is by far the best I have ever used!