Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2018, 08:33 PM

Pittsburgh is only one game away from advancing, and they are playing well.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Malkin-Crosby-Kessel on the PP, it almost doesn't seem fair to the other team.

Anaheim just got swept.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I'm cheering for the Jets..... I can't do Toronto myself. I'll probably be rooting for Las Vegas as second to Winnipeg.
Me too.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 05-04-2018, 08:50 PM

I'd be okay with Marchant getting a 3 or 4 game suspension. Licking and kissing people is definitely over the line.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:51 PM

Just curious what rule you're referring to trochu? And why it would warrant a lengthier suspension than a hit to the head with intent to injure?
Old 05-04-2018, 10:58 PM
Banned

The leaf all the way
Old 05-05-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Just curious what rule you're referring to trochu? And why it would warrant a lengthier suspension than a hit to the head with intent to injure?
The NHL has a no spitting rule which results in a match penalty and a review by the NHL. Licking people is the transfer of spittle.

They used to have a gross misconduct penalty as well. Which would of resulted in the same penalties.

I don’t really mind the way he plays the game. It’s his actions after the whistle that requires discipline. When he plays hockey without all the controversy he’s a guyyoud want on your team. If you’re playing against him he’s a guy you love to hate.

BW
Old 05-05-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I'd be okay with Marchant getting a 3 or 4 game suspension. Licking and kissing people is definitely over the line.
Agree strongly ! I would suspend for the rest of playoffs. Even Charra went over and gave Marchand a verbal beating. He wasn’t, but now is, the most hated athlete on my list.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
Agree strongly ! I would suspend for the rest of playoffs. Even Charra went over and gave Marchand a verbal beating. He wasn’t, but now is, the most hated athlete on my list.
Agree 100%.Marchand out for rest of playoffs. Embarrassed the Bruins, NHL, and fans of hockey. Nhl is selling a entertainment product. These guys are the product. When guys go over the line (Marchand), it blemishes this sport. Kick him out for 20 games, including next season.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Just because there is no specific rule penalizing kissing or licking other players, doesn't not in my mind, mean its not a offense. I can list dozens of things that aren't in the rule book that common sense would dictate aren't permitted. I can't believe you seem to be inferring that his actions are acceptable because they aren't in the rule book.

Multiple reasons it may warrant a lengthier suspension than others. One consideration the department of player safety considers is previous suspensions and player history. Marchand has been suspended six times, fined three?, has had discussions with the NHL in the past regarding licking and Drew Doughty for example, had never been suspended prior to this springs playoffs. Additionally, there is some expectation, being a contact sport with players of different heights, that hits to the head may occur. I don't think most players enter the game thinking they are going to be kissed by players on the opposing team.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Agree 100%.Marchand out for rest of playoffs. Embarrassed the Bruins, NHL, and fans of hockey. Nhl is selling a entertainment product. These guys are the product. When guys go over the line (Marchand), it blemishes this sport. Kick him out for 20 games, including next season.
Exactly. Anywhere else and this is classified as unwanted sexual advances or harassment and with the new world order should be punished as such.
The only people ok with this kind of shanannigans would be weird Bs fans.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:14 AM

I remember watching hockey and didn't have to worry about two guys making out.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:24 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
These unwanted advances should be rewarded with a punch in the beek!
If someone would just grab him right off the face off and pummel him, literally he would stick to hockey....but ewwwww that would be toooooo violent.
Back when I played hockey there was a different meaning to getting your licks in then what is taking place now....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...

Last edited by 58thecat; 05-05-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
These unwanted advances should be rewarded with a punch in the beek!
If someone would just grab him right off the face off and pummel him, literally he would stick to hockey....but ewwwww that would be toooooo violent.
Marchand has "little man" syndrome with Alpha aspirations. His shenanigans are textbook examples of asserting dominance as a smaller male in a game largely ruled by larger males. Pretty soon we're going to see him lifting his leg and peeing on someone....
Old 05-05-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Marchand has "little man" syndrome with Alpha aspirations. His shenanigans are textbook examples of asserting dominance as a smaller male in a game largely ruled by larger males. Pretty soon we're going to see him lifting his leg and peeing on someone....
He has so much talent though, if only he kept to the game, yes he is a pain in the butt and all but this needs to be dealt with, I tell ya if I was in his locker room he wouldn't like what I had to say and if it came to a scrap so be it.
I think chara will take care of this BS.
We will see though.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
He has so much talent though, if only he kept to the game, yes he is a pain in the butt and all but this needs to be dealt with, I tell ya if I was in his locker room he wouldn't like what I had to say and if it came to a scrap so be it.
I think chara will take care of this BS.
We will see though.
Yep, he's definitely got skills - even without his perpetual need to get under people's skin. Like you said, he needs a good wrap on the snout. I would love to know what Chara said to him.

Maybe they should put a shock collar on him, or keep a spray bottle behind the bench. "Bad Brad!! NO!!!"
Old 05-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Banned

This is a good read by Brad Marchand
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-boston-bruins

Brad Marchand
BOSTON BRUINS
APR 19 2018
If you like me, you’ll like this story.

If you hate me, you’ll love it.

It’s kind of a famous story in my family, and it’s probably the first thing I can remember. I was like three years old, and my dad had bought me this sick electric four-wheeler truck for my birthday. I’d always ride it around the cul-de-sac outside our house in Halifax like a maniac. It was yellow with blue seats, and it even had a horn and everything. It was unreal.

So one day I was hanging out with one of my little neighbor buddies, and I guess I got distracted or something, because the next thing I know, I turn around, and he’s in the truck, honking the horn, just lovin’ it....keep reading the link
Old 05-05-2018, 02:46 PM

Good read, thanks.
Now back to licking people...

Old 05-05-2018, 09:01 PM

Love to see Vegas do it!
Old 05-05-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Yes, that is exactly what happened there, 2 dudes were making out.

Vegas can just go away, they shouldn't even have a team, Napoleon's baby (Bettman) He NEEDS to be relocating half of the league's teams that can't turn a dime, not expanding. Every time we pay absurd ticket prices a big chunk of that goes to support the have not teams which far outnumber the have teams. Then he goes and changes the expansion draft process to give them a head start like no other team has ever received. Funny how people will gripe constantly about Quebec sucking all our transfer payments (myself included) but will cheer for the hockey equilivent. I'm all Jets right now and anyone BUT Vegas, yet another future welfare team we will all be paying for
Old 05-05-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And now they’re only one game away from golfing! Bahahaha!!
Old 05-05-2018, 11:43 PM

^ Wasn't it the case last year as well, when they were down 3 games to 2 to Washington in round two and then went on to take the Cup? I maybe mistaken though.

If the Caps follow through and send the Pens to the golf course, I have to say that I don't really care who wins the Cup then.

Also, go Jets! Jets did well, Caps did well, I finally replaced shocks on my vehicle today after a 4-months delay. Was a good day. Now, if I could only get to watch a damn hockey game before someone wins the Cup, grr.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:58 PM

Default Stanley Cup

Personally, I find the amount of butt hurt over ‘The Lick’ hilarious. Psychological warfare at its finest. Well played Marchand, well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Personally, I find the amount of butt hurt over ‘The Lick’ hilarious. Psychological warfare at its finest. Well played Marchand, well played.

Loser !!!
Old 05-06-2018, 09:13 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post

You used butt hurt and lick in one sentence.....doesn't sound like playoff hockey to me

What's next? Just wait until this evening and see what shananagins comes about....could use a line brawl

Old 05-06-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Yes, that is exactly what happened there, 2 dudes were making out.

Vegas can just go away, they shouldn't even have a team, Napoleon's baby (Bettman) He NEEDS to be relocating half of the league's teams that can't turn a dime, not expanding. Every time we pay absurd ticket prices a big chunk of that goes to support the have not teams which far outnumber the have teams. Then he goes and changes the expansion draft process to give them a head start like no other team has ever received. Funny how people will gripe constantly about Quebec sucking all our transfer payments (myself included) but will cheer for the hockey equilivent. I'm all Jets right now and anyone BUT Vegas, yet another future welfare team we will all be paying for
Pretty close man. Too close for comfort anyway. That has no place in hockey. Nhl gave him a warning about it, it will stop.

Somebody should still punch him in the face though. Also... Good for Vegas, hope they win today.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:58 PM

Another great hockey day. No more infantile face licking this season. Great to see Tampa Bay end this series. Just awesome. Act like a loser be a loser. Karma at work.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 05-06-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Another great hockey day. No more infantile face licking this season. Great to see Tampa Bay end this series. Just awesome. Act like a loser be a loser. Karma at work.
Yep, looks like Karma got the last lick in....
Old 05-06-2018, 04:07 PM

Yup. The facelicker will be booking tee times tomorrow. He's a very talented player but all the bs isn't needed. Glad to see Tampa move on
Old 05-06-2018, 08:16 PM

And the Knights continue their Cinderella season. That's it for all the California teams. Now it's going to get interesting....hoping the Jets finish off Preds tomorrow, that will make a great Western final. So will Tampa play Pens or Caps?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone