Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-22-2013, 11:25 AM

Default Enchant

Hey just wondering if anyone has been fishing there lately and how it is thinking about taking the family out and would like to get the one kid her first perch. Scrapped my other plans for the day to much work to get my boat out haha.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:28 PM

use a plain hook with a gulp maggot under a bobber, should have trouble keeping them off. North side (beach) is the slowest, the other 3 sides are much better depending on which way the wind is blowing

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the tip do they prefer the gulp maggots to the real deal? I have a bunch of worms I dug up too so ill do some experimenting.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 PM

The real deal will work fine too. X2 on everything else Wayner said. Should get action pretty much every cast. There iis lil Rainbows in there too. I like fishing south and east sides best. You will only need a tiny piece of worm, and probably catch 5 fish per tidbit lol. Good Luck, have fun!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 PM

Thanks guys yeah it was a fun time I was mostly using two hooks and a weight pickerel rig style and had several two at a time occurences. Didn't fish to long though just sat back and helped the kid out she was getting them under a float pretty good too. Regular maggots seemed to work better then the died ones. Worms were also working. Now don't get me wrong I love catch and release fishing and enjoy just getting out but man it's frustrating releasing all those tasty perch haha. Made a stop on the way home to try a lake and managed to pull a few supper fish from there though definitely not as kid friendly or action filled though especially without a boat. Just had to through that last part in do keep people guessing where the southern alberta perch are. Guess I'm in that kinda mood. I'm sure you guys that helped with the info know though if not I'm sure I wouldn't mind a pm