Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2014, 12:11 AM

Smile 2015 elections make sure you vote! liberals justin trudeau gaining power

Hi everyone thought I'd raise the awareness of the next big election coming up in 2015, and to remind everyone not to forget to vote! Especially younger people.No matter what party you choose. I know alberta is mainly conservative but I thought I'd state that I think justin trudeau the liberal party should be voted in that's my opinion I think we need someone new in power with fresh ideas and I think justin trudeau is that guy, stephen harper has been in power too long and has made too many mistakes. The reason I strongly suggest young people to vote is because I am still only in my early 20's and I know a lot of people don't vote or don't do research into what party they vote and our opinions matter and alot of young people really dont realize it
so what ever party you do choose to vote for make sure you take sometime at least 30 minuites out of your time to do research on the party you want to elect and what they stand for because only each and every single individual can help bring positive change to canada. Just curious what party you like and why?
Old 07-07-2014, 12:14 AM

Follow my debunking of the JT myth on twitter.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggameassassin View Post
Hi everyone thought I'd raise the awareness of the next big election coming up in 2015, and to remind everyone not to forget to vote! Especially younger people.No matter what party you choose. I know alberta is mainly conservative but I thought I'd state that I think justin trudeau the liberal party should be voted in that's my opinion I think we need someone new in power with fresh ideas and I think justin trudeau is that guy, stephen harper has been in power too long and has made too many mistakes. The reason I strongly suggest young people to vote is because I am still only in my early 20's and I know a lot of people don't vote or don't do research into what party they vote and our opinions matter and alot of young people really dont realize it
so what ever party you do choose to vote for make sure you take sometime at least 30 minuites out of your time to do research on the party you want to elect and what they stand for because only each and every single individual can help bring positive change to canada. Just curious what party you like and why?
You're still in your twenties!
At that age You still lack the life experience to cast a meaningful vote and suggesting that Ijit Trudeau can lead our country only enforces your inexperience.

PS: Places and Names start with a CAPITAL letter,...go back to school boy
I'll vote alright but it won't be the for the shiny pony tail
Old 07-07-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post
At that age You still lack the life experience to cast a meaningful vote and suggesting that Ijit Trudeau can lead our country only enforces your inexperience.

Way to support the democratic process in the young.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
Follow my debunking of the JT myth on twitter.

Debunking?

The man's hair speaks for itself.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:09 AM

Well I already know Stephen Harper isn't doing a very good job at leading our country so all the good things I've heard, read and researched about seems as though Justin Trudeau is a better option. At least he's not selling our country to the Chinese like harper is. And ya way to encourage young voters -.- .... shows what faith older people have in their kids generation
Old 07-07-2014, 01:54 AM

The liberal parties platform probably makes more sense to you, but Justin Trudeau isn't a great leadership candidate imo. I will most likely be using my vote to promote a minority/coalition government.

there are also more then just the 5 elected parties in Canada, and membership into any party is simple to obtain. the unelected ones usually have some good ideas, just lack the manpower and support to get those ideas heard.

remember all politicians are allowed to make campaign promises they do not have to keep once getting elected so the character of the candidate in your riding is also an important factor to consider.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-07-2014, 05:32 AM

Libs will try to take our guns, and let us never forget how his ol' man screwed Alberta.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:34 AM

If you want to see the western oil producers, namely Alberta, lose money, and you want the long gun registration back, as well as even more firearms laws, then by all means, vote for Trudeau. Do a little research on the National Energy Program that Trudeau's father tried to shove down our throats.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:37 AM

Default experience

As much as you do not like what Mr.Harper is doing at present, he has had a very good term in the way of stability for our country, while many others are on the verge of bankruptcy. As you pay attention for the rest of your voting life, you will find that experience is a key factor. While JT may appear as the new shiny option, he has waffled on so many issues, put his foot in his mouth continuously (his bashing the west speach is a true classic!), and gotten in trouble with so many contentious issues, just to get attention. This is a potential "wannabe" born into money, who wants to run a country, when in reality,he has never had to struggle with his own finances. He lacks the necessary life skills and experience, and I dread the time, when he attempts to gain that experience on MY dime!

Here is a tip you can take to the bank: You can always tell when a professional politician is lying; just watch for his lips to move!
Old 07-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well I already know Stephen Harper isn't doing a very good job at leading our country so all the good things I've heard, read and researched about seems as though Justin Trudeau is a better option. At least he's not selling our country to the Chinese like harper is. And ya way to encourage young voters -.- .... shows what faith older people have in their kids generation
And what do you know about politics? You do understand that Trudeau Jr doesn't have an original idea in his whole body right? That is why he flops around with all his ideas in public. Any real ideas are the subject of his handlers, and if I wanted his handlers to lead through him, I would vote for them myself. The Liberal party elected him leader because of his name, and that is the appeal to many. He really has no substance, and no leadership skills. All the leadership are faceless people and he is nothing more than a puppet on a string. If you want a puppet leading you, then by all means vote for Trudeau.

Mulcair's politics have pushed him to be loathed by the majority. He does not have the charisma that Layton had, but atleast he does not have the lack of morals and self entitlement that Jack Layton had. I will never vote for a party who's leader thinks it is acceptable to live in subsidized housing when both him and his wife earned big dollars like Layton and Chow did for many years in Toronto. Any party that votes for such scoundrels is not a party you want leading your country. The least that will happen is your taxes goes up. The worst that will happen is our country will be bankrupt funding everyone who chooses not to work, and the welfare role will increase tenfold under their policies. Why would one work when their government gives them everything. But someone needs to pay for it, and guess what that will be those few Canadians left working.

Another issue with both the Liberal and the NDP parties, is they both think that we Canadians are not responsible enough to own firearms. So they will make gun ownership increasingly difficult, and more so under the NDP, so much to the point that you may not even be permitted to keep your own guns in your own house anymore. And then when the gangs still keep killing, both parties will wonder why, because they had banned all the guns, and will be shocked to learn that the gangs didn't turn in their guns despite the laws.

You may not like how Harper leads, but at least he leads. He keeps control of his politicians, and punishes them when they step out of line. There are several examples of this, and this is what a leader does.

However since the media is the way it is, they are very critical of everything that Harper does, and that is why you see issues in the news with the senate scandals revolving around PC members Wallin and Duffy, but not around Liberals like Mac Harb, who's fraud tops $231,000 of claimed expenses, which was more than both Wallin and Duffy put together.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
There is a good saying. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. It only seems that way when you are looking at it from one side, but once you are there, you see it really isn't much different, and often there could be issues with other things, which could be far worse than the issues you left for in the first place. Politics is very similar.

I want you to understand that just because some of us are putting down Trudeau, it is not in an attempt to dissuade you from politics, it is to let you understand that the grass may seem greener on Trudeau's side of the fence, but the water sucks, and there is no shelter on his farm. So you may be tempted by that nice shiny green grass, but at least on Harper's farm the water tastes better, and you can hide from the rain and snow in shelter he provides.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Banned

Default interested in hearing your take on these ....

Quote:
... stephen harper has been in power too long and has made too many mistakes.
I'm an undecided voter, please elaborate

Quote:
... so what ever party you do choose to vote for make sure you take sometime at least 30 minuites out of your time to do research on the party you want to elect and what they stand for ...
Where did you find the information that helped you decide JT was your man ?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:07 AM

trudeau is getting smarter but is still a stupid kid trotted out by a cynical liberal party. he has proved difficult to control and thinks hes an actual leader and may prove to be so to our detriment. his energy and ego are strong. i dont know why anyone would want to vote for him unless they are enthusiastic and a little dim
Old 07-07-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post

And here I was gonna go vote for Harper, glad you let me know my vote is meaningless, leaves more time for drinking cheap beer and playing Call of Duty in my buddies basement.

PS: At what age is it acceptable for me to go vote?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Banned

Here is a good article that explains Trudeau's lack of real substance. Just hot air.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/05...Xf2tg.facebook
Old 07-07-2014, 07:23 AM

if your looking for JT support shouldn't you be on a anti gun or i love weed site? not gonna find much support for that nitwit here.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 AM

Why would anyone vote for a leader that envies China's political regime? Harper has made mistakes, he admits it. But at least he is for the country and our rights. JT, like his father, wants to control us and our thoughts. The one thing both the NDP and Liberal parties hate are free thinkers.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Banned

Is it just coincidence, or is there a lot of tongue in cheek going on in this thread?

I'm referring to the horrible sentence structure and lack of capitalization.

Come on everyone, this is not a texting app, this is a forum. Do your fellow users a favor and try and make things easy for us to read.

Of course if your a twenty year old JT fan, many of us understand. It's OK, you to can grow out of it. Just because your a fan of that vapid empty shell of a person, doesn't mean you have show that you are one too.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
The silver lining for you is that, if JT is voted in and revives his daddy's NEP legacy or enacts any other lame excuses to expropriate Alberta's growth, you'll probably be the one if the first to have plenty off on EI to do some better research other than Facebook and twitter. In fact plan to take 3 or 4 years off and get that degree in poverty.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Oh I do plan on voting, but since I remember what Pierre did to the west, it won't be for JT.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:33 AM

I just don't understand why the Harper government seems to forsake our military? Why do they find it important to send money to the Palestinian authority.... but close veterans offices and coast guard stations?? It makes me wonder what is more important to SH?

Why do we have whole communities living with boil water advisories in Canada....and Harper is paying to drill new wells in Afghanistan?

They are supposed to be hard on crime....and yet we still hear news stories of released rapists and serial killers being released from jail...really Paul Bernardo is getting married...can this be real?

THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE, is there are a lot of things to criticize the Harper government about too. Real life things, not imaginary what ifs because Justins daddy was PM.

JT has come out in support of a national Carbon Tax...he lost any chance of gaining my interest with that trash....
Old 07-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I just don't understand why the Harper government seems to forsake our military? Why do they find it important to send money to the Palestinian authority.... but close veterans offices and coast guard stations?? It makes me wonder what is more important to SH?

Why do we have whole communities living with boil water advisories in Canada....and Harper is paying to drill new wells in Afghanistan?

They are supposed to be hard on crime....and yet we still hear news stories of released rapists and serial killers being released from jail...really Paul Bernardo is getting married...can this be real?

THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE, is there are a lot of things to criticize the Harper government about too. Real life things, not imaginary what ifs because Justins daddy was PM.

JT has come out in support of a national Carbon Tax...he lost any chance of gaining my interest with that trash....

It's because Harper seems to want to be the USA, and we are being modelled as such. What happens down south is sure to come here. Pass new laws in the south, and they get passed here. We laugh at our American neighbors for bending over and taking it, but we can't see what's happening here in our own back yard. Yes, Harper has had his gaff's, did he reverse anything?

In this forum, it seems guns are the big sticking point when it comes to politics. Harper is a friend to the gun owners, Harper killed the LGR... I don't think so. Harper made a promise to kill the LGR to gain votes, plain and simple, he hasn't done anything else with regards to firearms – he's not going to do anything else and he has said it publicly. He didn't sign the UN arms agreement, but that doesn't matter much anyway. Anyone that believes he will do anything with the firearms act, a career killer, better give their head a good shake.

Lets not forget the reclassification of firearms that Blarney signed off on - that automatically makes owners of those firearms criminals. But then, oops, we'll give you amnesty - you're still a criminal but here's a temporary pardon. How's that for rights, I have a feeling this will be seen more and more in the future. How many firearms were prohibited or restricted in the wake of the LGR going away? This was on Harpers watch no?

We don't have rights in Canada anymore, we are basically given permission. Do people really think they have a right to bear arms in Canada? I'm amazed at how many people think we have miranda rights, we are NOT the USA... Wait til the RCMP do another reclassification of firearms – there WILL be fallout and retaliation from the Moncton shooting. Right now it's too fresh, but it's going to get interesting.

Harper is for the country and our rights? He basically just flipped the supreme court the bird over C-13 and S-4 to take away rights and privacy on police needing warrants. Rights indeed. When Canadians are being told that yes, indeed we are going to trample the heck out of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but if you feel hard done by feel free to use the courts.

On the liberals, yep, they want to take away your gun rights. Any gun owner that reads this should get a chill down their spine. At least they are in your face and public about it...

http://www.liberal.ca/151-guns-violence/

Quote:
WHEREAS the Australian Conservative government of John Howard successfully reduced the number of firearms in that country through proactive initiatives such as gun buybacks which led to decreases in the rates of firearm-related crimes, homicides and suicides;

If Trudeau gets in with a majority – and I suspect he will – we're going to find out how many Candians have cold dead hands. The Aussies rolled over and took it, same will happen here I suspect.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
And here I was gonna go vote for Harper, glad you let me know my vote is meaningless, leaves more time for drinking cheap beer and playing Call of Duty in my buddies basement.

PS: At what age is it acceptable for me to go vote?
You might be alright, you did,'t talk stupid like the OP.

Go vote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
If you can honestly list Justin Trudeau's mistakes then compare with Harper's (in context of are all parties equally guilty)... I will consider it.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Banned

Prime example of why the voting age should be raised to 30.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Gone Hunting

Life's too short to vote for idiots.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Is it just coincidence, or is there a lot of tongue in cheek going on in this thread?

I'm referring to the horrible sentence structure and lack of capitalization.

Come on everyone, this is not a texting app, this is a forum. Do your fellow users a favor and try and make things easy for us to read.

Of course if your a twenty year old JT fan, many of us understand. It's OK, you to can grow out of it. Just because your a fan of that vapid empty shell of a person, doesn't mean you have show that you are one too.

The problem with being a grammar Nazi is that you just know that someone is going to come along and scrutinize your grammar.

Your. You're. Sound the same but have entirely different meanings.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:28 AM

Default You mean 40 don't you ?

So if you were still soiling yourself when the holy ones were last in power
Canada's dark period is un known to you . Our west was reduced to third
World status . The final book on Entitlement was written ,where do you
the Queen of Red Tories got all her ideas . I don't doubt that a leader of
A great country like Canada Can be elected on coiffure only , just look
at what the Y generation hold dear , they love the view from the folks
basement , their Gods are even more ridiculous than the last two
Generations .
And by coincidence ,if the Liberals form the next government ,the
majority of the adult population will be soiling themselves . Isn't that
Great ,let's hope there are enough seniors with enough memory and
grey matter to fight off the eastern scourge .
Old 07-07-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone thought I'd raise the awareness of the next big election coming up in 2015, and to remind everyone not to forget to vote! Especially younger people.No matter what party you choose. I know alberta is mainly conservative but I thought I'd state that I think justin trudeau the liberal party should be voted in that's my opinion I think we need someone new in power with fresh ideas and I think justin trudeau is that guy, stephen harper has been in power too long and has made too many mistakes.
Hey, Justin -- how's it going?

For the record, I don't like any of them.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor

Tags
2015, election, justin trudeau, voting