Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-26-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
You need to translate this for the kids Cat.
HAHA!!
I'll post pics when I get back from the big city!
Cat
Old 11-27-2014, 03:22 PM

My favorites are , the No4 Enfield, No5 Enfield, 98 Mauser 8mm, M1 Garand, not always in that order.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:27 PM

Default Jungle Carbine 303

They are all great guns, hard to pick a favorite. Got this one for sale, very accurate, easy to shoot and in excellent condition. Give me a shout if anyone is interested. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1344.jpg (49.1 KB, 86 views)
Old 11-28-2014, 07:42 AM

You can't go wrong with an SKS for just plinking, just make sure you clean it after you use corrosive ammo. Love taking mine out, setting up targets, and blasting away. Cheap to buy, lots of ammo available, and parts to deck it out are readily available and inexpensive. Just bought a Norinco m305, can't say the same for that but again, if you look around before purchasing I am sure you can find a good deal on what you want.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:56 PM

Call me crazy but I have all 4: Mosin 91/30, Mosin M38, SVT-40 and SKS. THEY ARE LOTS OF FUN, ALL 4!!!! I shoot all 4 of them periodically and enjoy it tremendously! My first one was an SKS and I got hooked..... If you ask me what is my favorite -I would say its the SVT-40.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Call me crazy but I have all 4: Mosin 91/30, Mosin M38, SVT-40 and SKS. THEY ARE LOTS OF FUN, ALL 4!!!! I shoot all 4 of them periodically and enjoy it tremendously! My first one was an SKS and I got hooked..... If you ask me what is my favorite -I would say its the SVT-40.
methinks an SVT-40 is creeping up to #1 on my wish list.... never liked SKSes for some reason. I'm jealous of your M38 too!

instagram: @schrodo_of_the_shire
Old 11-30-2014, 09:09 PM

Don't be jealous, just go and buy one. M38 is my second favorite - the fire ball along worth half the price of the rifle!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Had several garands in the past, awesome rifles. Had many .303's, a 8mm mauser with an interesting straight pull back bolt. Just purchased a mil surplus laminated sks, can't wait to try it out, waiting for the ammo to arrive! To replace all the Garands that I had previously sold to fund a major project, I bought a super match M1A in the marine woodland camo fiberglass stock. Will give it a workout at the range soon!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:24 AM

Sorry, but I gotta do this...

Brown Bess...

Something about shooting a 1" lead ball!
Old 02-13-2015, 05:00 PM

just picked up my first sks today.

1951 Russia made at the Tula plant. Can tell its been fired before from the marks on the hammer. also has a few scuffs on the left side.

just cleaned the cosmoline off, still gotta lube and then its time to have some fun
Old 02-14-2015, 11:31 AM

Have fun with it! Just don't forget to clean the bolt assembly really well before firing the gun. I recommend this: if you can take the bolt apart, then clean it well using break cleaner. If you decide not to disassemble the bolt. Then put it in a boiling water and let it boil for 5 min. You will be surprised how much Cosmo gonna come out. The hot water cleans the Cosmo the best.
Oh, and if you need the cheap ammo - Tradex is the best!
Old 02-14-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Have fun with it! Just don't forget to clean the bolt assembly really well before firing the gun. I recommend this: if you can take the bolt apart, then clean it well using break cleaner. If you decide not to disassemble the bolt. Then put it in a boiling water and let it boil for 5 min. You will be surprised how much Cosmo gonna come out. The hot water cleans the Cosmo the best.
Oh, and if you need the cheap ammo - Tradex is the best!
I took the gun completely apart and put all the pieces in the sink with very hot water and lots of dish soap. I used a toothbrush on the hard to reach places.

I also soaked a rag in the water and wiped down the stock and barrel separately.

I think I got most of it, but I forgot my gun oil in GP (I'm in Calgary now) so I won't be able to shoot it until I get up there to lube it. I might as well take it apart and clean it with hoppes 9 while I lube it as well
Old 02-14-2015, 05:06 PM

Default Lee Enfield Mod No 4 Mark 1 .303 Brit cal

Just seen the post and thought I would try to get in on the fun. Looking for a Lee Enfield Mod No 4 Mark 1 .303 Brit cal . If any of you in the Edmonton area want to part with one, drop me a line. Thanks and have a good day.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:34 PM

Mine is LE No.5. A good shooter and matching numbers. Someone drilled and tapped it for a scope mount so price was right.