Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
Thanks for you comment you are right. I still think they were right I have said that.I also said that I had some points that are correct.(not all).Tj may know a thing or two but Rich riding his coat tail is a joke.Just like him. Thanks for the info TJ. You and I still dislike each other So we will leave it at that.
Justin, I'm honestly not into the who likes who or whose dating who aspect of messageboards. I'm here to share some info and that's it. You and a few others see a need to create these relationships and bring the personal aspects to the board...I don't. I have no feeling about you one way or the other. We've never met so it would be pretty hard for me to dislike you. I'm flattered that you feel the need to create those emotions about me but I honestly have not interest. If you post something wrong, I'll offer some information to the contrary for no other reason than you're wrong. If you post some good information, I'll agree. I have real life friends and like to make decisions about people based on real life experience. I hope that clarifies that so we can continue talking about outdoor related topics without emotion entering the equation.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks for you comment you are right. I still think they were right I have said that.I also said that I had some points that are correct.(not all).Tj may know a thing or two but Rich riding his coat tail is a joke.Just like him. Thanks for the info TJ. You and I still dislike each other So we will leave it at that.
JC I had no interest in how stupid you were making yourself look until you slagged me and drug me into a thread I wasn't involved in. Then my embarassment for you flew out the window, you want to shoot your mouth off like that you are going to attract attention, which you probably aren't going to like.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
I dont see it as him trying to make you look bad. TJ has proven many times to be a lot of help to people seeking or needing advice. Why is it so wrong for him to see a person that is misunderstanding a subject and try to give some advice. One of the best things about this site is the huge amount of knowledge that is available to us all. I for one would like to keep that around. No one likes to be wrong but sometimes ya just gotta suck it up. You are resisting help because of a personal dislike. not fair to him at all. The numbers comments of yours was pretty much like shooting yourself in the foot. It showed you had no actual proof or facts to back up an opinion. As everyone should know. you can't win an argument with opinions, you start an argument with an opinion and back it up with facts. the one with the least appropriate facts, loses. the end
just wondering on who decides on if the fact are appropriate? Most topics that are brought forth can have facts brought forward to discredit other facts . So it all seems to go to personal opinion on who to beleive.
Some beleive TJ because he is in Magazines and such.Some beleive him because they feel he knows what he says. Some discredit him for stuff he has been prooven wrong on in the past. Some dicredit him just for who he is.
This can be said about everyone on here.(well other than the magazine part... hey I was in a couple this year does that count)
People can argue the "Facts" till they are blue in the face but there is always a decision to make and that is what to actually beleive.
On topics such as this bullets and stuff people could tell many of us the "Facts" and we would have to beleive them as we know no different so to me the facts on here are in the eye of the beholder as almost everyone on here has had their facts disproovin at one time in one way or another. And yes even the almighty TJ and Rich.
Everyone will argue that their facts are right and others will argue that they are wrong. Its never gunna end.
SG

Last edited by sheepguide; 04-09-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Thumbs up

Not to break up your spat gentlemen , but I for one would like to thank TJ and Rich(Whom I have never met) for the fine show they produce. It is nice to be able to watch hunters in terrain I am familiar with, hunting game I am familiar with. Cudo's to you both. Being new to this forum I have to say that your knowledge of firearms and hunting are better than most and as good as the rest. Hope to meet up some day.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Justin, I'm honestly not into the who likes who or whose dating who aspect of messageboards. I'm here to share some info and that's it. You and a few others see a need to create these relationships and bring the personal aspects to the board...I don't. I have no feeling about you one way or the other. We've never met so it would be pretty hard for me to dislike you. I'm flattered that you feel the need to create those emotions about me but I honestly have not interest. If you post something wrong, I'll offer some information to the contrary for no other reason than you're wrong. If you post some good information, I'll agree. I have real life friends and like to make decisions about people based on real life experience. I hope that clarifies that so we can continue talking about outdoor related topics without emotion entering the equation.
Thanks for the good reply. I will do the same for you.Thanks again.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:02 PM

I shoot a Rem 700P chambered in .338 Lapua. At the range it's 250 Gr Sierra HPBT match pushed by 98Gr Retumbo.

In the field for the last two years it always been the 250 gr Accubond with the same powder charge because it's so close in performance to the Sierra HPBT.

I've only tagged a couple of whitetails with the Accubond but they fell exactly where they were shot. Minimal damage to meat, less that a 7mm or .270. I suspect the bullets may not be opening fully but still punching a nice hole right through.

Hopefully this year I draw an Elk tag to see what this does on larger targets.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Not to break up your spat gentlemen , but I for one would like to thank TJ and Rich(Whom I have never met) for the fine show they produce. It is nice to be able to watch hunters in terrain I am familiar with, hunting game I am familiar with. Cudo's to you both. Being new to this forum I have to say that your knowledge of firearms and hunting are better than most and as good as the rest. Hope to meet up some day.
Dont kid your self TJ is the only one that know anything Rich is like sideshow Bob.The side kick that gets told what to say.P.S. Rich Bring it.You dont scare me.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Dont kid your self TJ is the only one that know anything Rich is like sideshow Bob.The side kick that gets told what to say.P.S. Rich Bring it.You dont scare me.
Dont waste your time on Rich Justin we have all seen his antics on here so let him think he is something and we can just sit back and watch the sideshow.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
Dont waste your time on Rich Justin we have all seen his antics on here so let him think he is something and we can just sit back and watch the sideshow.
ya but he threatened me so I am calling him out on his own games.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightroad View Post
I shoot a Rem 700P chambered in .338 Lapua. At the range it's 250 Gr Sierra HPBT match pushed by 98Gr Retumbo.

In the field for the last two years it always been the 250 gr Accubond with the same powder charge because it's so close in performance to the Sierra HPBT.

I've only tagged a couple of whitetails with the Accubond but they fell exactly where they were shot. Minimal damage to meat, less that a 7mm or .270. I suspect the bullets may not be opening fully but still punching a nice hole right through.

Hopefully this year I draw an Elk tag to see what this does on larger targets.
are you sure you're on the right thread? must be some super velocity in that lapua, lee.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Tsk tsk, such an unhappy lad.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Tsk tsk, such an unhappy lad.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

I love Alberta Outdoorsmen
Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
I love Alberta Outdoorsmen
Good Times
Old 04-09-2010, 05:27 PM

Pass, the popcorn.....

......this is becoming exhausting, isn't it?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned

Kind of grounded to a halt? actually depressing,, anyways Berger are better.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Kind of grounded to a halt? actually depressing,, anyways Berger are better.
Better than what? They dont shoot worth a **** out of a 710

Just buggin this thread did kinda die.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Banned

I shoot Berger, I shoot better.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Better than what? They dont shoot worth a **** out of a 710

Just buggin this thread did kinda die.
We could get you going on that 710 again.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:37 PM

I like beer.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Banned

Thats a pretty famous 710, may bring a premium price? now I am interested.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thats a pretty famous 710, may bring a premium price? now I am interested.
It is getting to be legendary.

And you know me Justin, never back down from a good argument or discussion that may rile up a few feathers

SG
Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger15 View Post
I like beer.
Id like to see your facts!!! The flowing value of beer has no chance of comparing with that of some fine wiskey!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I shoot Berger, I shoot better.
Yeah, I like them as well. Matrix has brought out a 190 grain VLD in 7mm too. I'll have some to play with shortly.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Id like to see your facts!!! The flowing value of beer has no chance of comparing with that of some fine wiskey!!!
You wanna fight. Wifey cut me off wikkey years ago.Say's my brown side comes out

Ohh sweet wikkey how I do miss you.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger15 View Post
You wanna fight. Wifey cut me off wikkey years ago.Say's my brown side comes out

Ohh sweet wikkey how I do miss you.
Yep I get 2 feathers springing out of my hat too but hey nothing wrong with a good scrap once in a while

I actually try and stick to beer also but agreeing is no fun.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

Captain Morgan Spiced Rum is the best,, with a Cuban Cigar
Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum is the best,, with a Cuban Cigar
Well I though you were a decent guy till that cigar comment with no proof, statistics or writer to back up your idea. Cigars geez!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

Oh yeah, back to Hooter's original post in case it's forgotten. Partitions or Accubonds? - I'll go with Partitions, a time and time again proven bullet.

And JustinC.....you're just a troll looking to stir the pot, case in point was your idiotic post about hating Barnes bullets where thus far you've had no replies whatsoever because most here know exactly your stupid intentions. Here it is: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=56864

I've not had Barnes bullets on my favourite list either. But at least I can take opinions from others and form my own. Your simply intended on having an internet brawl with a guy that undoubtely knows a lot more than you do. And to spoil your intentions, he writes and contributes to AO magazine and you don't.....cheer up, maybe one day when you get that experience behind you, learn grammar and spelling, then maybe you too can live the dream.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Oh yeah, back to Hooter's original post in case it's forgotten. Partitions or Accubonds? - I'll go with Partitions, a time and time again proven bullet.

And JustinC.....you're just a troll looking to stir the pot, case in point was your idiotic post about hating Barnes bullets where thus far you've had no replies whatsoever because most here know exactly your stupid intentions. Here it is: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=56864

I've not had Barnes bullets on my favourite list either. But at least I can take opinions from others and form my own. Your simply intended on having an internet brawl with a guy that undoubtely knows a lot more than you do. And to spoil your intentions, he writes and contributes to AO magazine and you don't.....cheer up, maybe one day when you get that experience behind you, learn grammar and spelling, then maybe you too can live the dream.
thanks fo the kind words anything else????? My spelling sucks so what. I dont really care whhat you think.Are you going to effect my life nope.Grow up troll.

Also that thread was my retraction of my unethical comment.But thanks for posting it.

Last edited by JustinC; 04-09-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Closed Thread