Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-16-2016, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I never said I was against anyone have semi autos. I said I was against people who haven't had a thorough mental health check owning a gun that only requires a simple modification to make it fully automatic and has a magazine that can be easily drilled out to become a high capacity mag.

I hope that people can have more access to guns, but I want to ensure that the guns don't fall into the wrong hands.
What you don't seem to get is guns fall into the wrong hands no matter how many bans there are. There was a picture a while back of one of those hoodlums that shot the macs clerks. He had an sks with a 30 Rd mag. Where do you think that firearm came from?
Old 01-16-2016, 11:09 PM
Banned

Default 3054

Quote:
I never said I was against anyone have semi autos. I said I was against people who haven't had a thorough mental health check owning a gun that only requires a simple modification to make it fully automatic and has a magazine that can be easily drilled out to become a high capacity mag.

I hope that people can have more access to guns, but I want to ensure that the guns don't fall into the wrong hands
You haven’t said anything, you seek attention?

Therefore as an official troll I believe you are trolling.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:

I hope that people can have more access to guns, but I want to ensure that the guns don't fall into the wrong hands.
Simple modification is all relative. A mini14 takes a lot more that simple modification to make it full auto. Even the AR15s you can buy in Canada take a lot more than simple modification.

As far as mental health checks go, keep in mind that it is now considered a mental illness to not believe in global warming. Some psychiatrists in the States have gone so far as to say that believing in the second amendment is a mental illness. Tell me more how the people performing the 'mental health check' are going to allow hunting and sport shooting.

Last edited by Newview01; 01-16-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Tell you what I get a M16 you get a ball point pen. We stand 50 yards away from each other in a fight to the death. Who wins?

Gun owners are only hurting themselves when they don't realize the damage that can be done with a gun. Once we can admit that our guns can be very dangerous in the wrong hands, we as guns owners can start making progress in our legislation. With the progress I'd hope that those who have shown they can handle the responsibility of the full automatics weapons would have that opportunity.
1. We are talking about semi autos not full auto's. Full auto's will never leave the prohib list.
2. We already have to prove that we are able to act resposible with a restricted firearm.
3. How do you tell a guy is mentally unstable if there is no history?
4. Why does the justice system take it so easy on criminals and put them back on the street to continue their life of crime.
5. Why are they concerned about mass shootings with converted full automatic weapons when there has not been a case in Canada.
6. I know plenty well what a gun can do in the wrong hands, but what can we do to put those wrong hands in cuffs. I think it's a people problem.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Raab.

Thank you for helping me reach a quota.

Have a good and healthy new year.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I understand the laws, which is why I don't mind them looking at guns that might be made fully automatic that have magazines that can be easily modified to hold more rounds. I'm not fully in support of this, just think some people are jumping to conclusions as usual on this board. We have no facts to go on right now, besides that they may make some guns prohibited. Does anyone have a list of the guns they're even looking at?
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...N9wh0IZ7Yrrymw

Guess you better go after all the Lee Enfields and their variants in the country.

Anyone who wants to make something full auto or modify a mag will do it.

It's not easy to make full auto happen.

Believe it or not we live beside the USA. No big fences yet. If someone really wants to get something that's prohibited here its a short drive. Lots of border that's not patrolled. Criminals do it all the time.

Maybe if there was more effort put into going after criminals and illegal guns we wouldn't have problems.

You like to focus on objects not the real problem which is people.

We gave very little gun crime. Licensing and available health care make the difference . We need more mental health care funding. Not drugs but actual mental health problems dealt with.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:28 PM
Banned

While doing a search on trying to find out what the heck is going on here I stumbled upon this Colitertion for nun control web sight and it made me burp up my supper. What a load of wild horse crap this bunch is

It's spelled wrong on purpose...search engine
Old 01-16-2016, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...N9wh0IZ7Yrrymw

Guess you better go after all the Lee Enfields and their variants in the country.

Anyone who wants to make something full auto or modify a mag will do it.

It's not easy to make full auto happen.

Believe it or not we live beside the USA. No big fences yet. If someone really wants to get something that's prohibited here its a short drive. Lots of border that's not patrolled. Criminals do it all the time.

Maybe if there was more effort put into going after criminals and illegal guns we wouldn't have problems.

You like to focus on objects not the real problem which is people.

We gave very little gun crime. Licensing and available health care make the difference . We need more mental health care funding. Not drugs but actual mental health problems dealt with.
Agreed
Old 01-16-2016, 11:30 PM

Default Missing it?

I might be wrong but according to the information about the police firing 1200 rounds and using multiple guns, the guy said he was thinking about using a special technique. Could they possibly be taking about bump firing? You can bump fire any semi auto to make it shoot similar to full auto. I don't know why but I didn't read the article and think about modiifcations,I was thinking bump fire all though it's not mentioned. Not a very accurate technique I don't think but you can lay down the rounds I guess?
Could be wrong?
Old 01-16-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Go have a look at post #264. Those are actual incidents where prohibited devices fell into the wrong hands. Only in both of those cases, the prohibited devices were owned by the RCMP. Their negligence let those illegal devices fall into the wrong hands.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
1. We are talking about semi autos not full auto's. Full auto's will never leave the prohib list.
2. We already have to prove that we are able to act resposible with a restricted firearm.
3. How do you tell a guy is mentally unstable if there is no history?
4. Why does the justice system take it so easy on criminals and put them back on the street to continue their life of crime.
5. Why are they concerned about mass shootings with converted full automatic weapons when there has not been a case in Canada.
6. I know plenty well what a gun can do in the wrong hands, but what can we do to put those wrong hands in cuffs. I think it's a people problem.
1) We don't even know what Semi Auto's they're looking at. At least I haven't seen a list. All I'm saying is lets wait and see what guns they're looking at. From what the article says they're looking at guns that can easily be converted to full auto. If thats the case perhaps they should be on the prohibited list.

2) Which is the way it should be. Background checks have been proven to be the most effective gun control method.

3) I would like to see health documents pulled and an interview with a psychiatrist if you want to own PROHIBITED weapons in Canada. I think we as guns owners could get this right back if we are empathetic with the public and understand the concerns of several groups.

I agree with the rest, the legal system has become to lax on fugitives, and we haven't seen any conversions of semi autos to full auto. In saying that were not the ones on the front lines dealing with this day in and day out, perhaps the RCMP are seeing a trend where the same guns are being used in crimes.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy View Post
I might be wrong but according to the information about the police firing 1200 rounds and using multiple guns, the guy said he was thinking about using a special technique. Could they possibly be taking about bump firing? You can bump fire any semi auto to make it shoot similar to full auto. I don't know why but I didn't read the article and think about modiifcations,I was thinking bump fire all though it's not mentioned. Not a very accurate technique I don't think but you can lay down the rounds I guess?
Could be wrong?
I had read somewhere around the time it happened that he was bump firing.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:42 AM
Banned

If they impose a law that is very clear if you are cought nump chiring you loose your rights to own plus fines and possible jail time. They do state manipulating put it's obviously not quite clear enough.

If the police aren't going to just come out and say the tabooed words I sure the heck ain't.

Sounds like the problem would be solved after the first couple people get slapped. And then again you have the crazys who really don't need to nump chire to cause serious health issues
Old 01-17-2016, 08:11 AM

Default Sks

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin View Post
What you don't seem to get is guns fall into the wrong hands no matter how many bans there are. There was a picture a while back of one of those hoodlums that shot the macs clerks. He had an sks with a 30 Rd mag. Where do you think that firearm came from?
Given the record of the 3 subject, there is 2 possibilities where they obtained the SKS

1. Break and Enter
Or
2. PAL holder legally purchased the SKS then sold it to criminals

Mag is not controlled so anyone, includes my the 3, could have bought it and drilled the pin out. Maybe not the youth if there was store policy in effect.

Not sure if your example helped Raab, but if the SKS was banned then the 2 method I listed for a criminal to obtain that firearm would be removed. There only option would be to smuggle an SKS from the states, would need to be Russian as the chineses ones are banned in the US.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:58 AM

^ Again you are debating what semi auto to ban. It doesn't matter what's on the list because once those are gone they'll go after a few more types until they achieve their goal of complete civil disarmament. raab, your M-16 Vs pen argument highlights your ignorance in this matter as it is the person not the object that is deadly. You can be armed to the teeth but if someone wants you dead they will catch you unawares and slay you with the jaw-bone of an ass if need be. It's been done, check the bible.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Given the record of the 3 subject, there is 2 possibilities where they obtained the SKS

1. Break and Enter
Or

Mag is not controlled so anyone, includes my the 3, could have bought it and drilled the pin out. Maybe not the youth if there was store policy in effect.

Not sure if your example helped Raab, but if the SKS was banned then the 2 method I listed for a criminal to obtain that firearm would be removed. There only option would be to smuggle an SKS from the states, would need to be Russian as the chineses ones are banned in the US.
And instead of committing break and enter to steal an SKS, they could break into a vehicle and steal an RCMP carbine with large capacity magazine, as the off duty officer sat in a restaurant. Given that it has already happened right here in Alberta, it's obviously a possibility.
Of course prohibiting the police from having these rifles, and large capacity magazines would reduce the opportunity for them to be stolen.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 01-17-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Tell you what I get a M16 you get a ball point pen. We stand 50 yards away from each other in a fight to the death. Who wins?

You just killed your own argument again. If a "bad" guy has a gun and a "good" guy is legislated out of the opportunity of owning that gun to protect themselves, who wins? Fact, criminals don't care about the laws that are made. They will continue to break these laws. Hence the only people that are affected by the laws are the already law abiding citizens.

Gun owners are only hurting themselves when they don't realize the damage that can be done with a gun. Once we can admit that our guns can be very dangerous in the wrong hands, we as guns owners can start making progress in our legislation. With the progress I'd hope that those who have shown they can handle the responsibility of the full automatics weapons would have that opportunity.
With your Liberal government, the gun owners have no say. The libs want to take the power from the government and give it to the RCMP. They have been proven time and again to be anti gun. They don't want us to have guns.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:39 AM

The Macs store tragedy is not a gun issue. A gun was used and gets blamed for this happening.

They also did a home invasion to steal the car they used to commit this crime.

The real problem here is with gangs and reserves that have not wanted to deal with their youth. This gang culture has been going on for 20 years or more.

I grew up in Wetaskiwin and saw this first hand. They were identifying themselves with black gangster rappers. That is culture that glorifies violence and crime.

When we actually stop blaming objects for violence and put the responsibility back on the person we will get somewhere.

Repeat violent criminals should have privileges of freedom severely looked at. This is what they are and will not change. Some people chose this way of life.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:43 AM

Default Ruling

One of the planks of the UN (communism/fascists) is disarm the populace, makes it way easier to herd you where they legislate, all nice and legal..... until there is a revolution.. history repeats, with short memories you will be following circles. There was a time when evil men preyed on peaceful folk until the peaceful folk stood their ground and defended their own, time moved on and the folk hired police to do that for them, then they forgot about it.....
Old 01-17-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdvc View Post
One of the planks of the UN (communism/fascists) is disarm the populace, makes it way easier to herd you where they legislate, all nice and legal..... until there is a revolution.. history repeats, with short memories you will be following circles. There was a time when evil men preyed on peaceful folk until the peaceful folk stood their ground and defended their own, time moved on and the folk hired police to do that for them, then they forgot about it.....

Do you even know what a communist or fascist is? What has the UN got to do with these two groups? Sounds somewhat like drivel to me.....
Old 01-17-2016, 10:02 AM

Default RCMP move to ban semi-automatic rifles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
The Macs store tragedy is not a gun issue. A gun was used and gets blamed for this happening.

They also did a home invasion to steal the car they used to commit this crime.

The real problem here is with gangs and reserves that have not wanted to deal with their youth. This gang culture has been going on for 20 years or more.

I grew up in Wetaskiwin and saw this first hand. They were identifying themselves with black gangster rappers. That is culture that glorifies violence and crime.

When we actually stop blaming objects for violence and put the responsibility back on the person we will get somewhere.

Repeat violent criminals should have privileges of freedom severely looked at. This is what they are and will not change. Some people chose this way of life.

I believe you're correct in that it's not a gun issue, it's a family and society issue. Your example of the Mac's tragedies are good cases in point. What was that repeat young offender doing out at that time? Where were his parents and why didn't they care? How were the other two repeat offenders allowed the kind of freedom they had? We as a society have failed it seems like removing all sense of responsibility and accountability from all walks of life. It's incumbent on all of us, if we see something wrong to report it or we too are part of the problem! It's too easy to fall into the "it's not my problem" mindset. It is our problem and until we address that, issues will continue to escalate.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post

1. Break and Enter
Or

Why would a pal holder legally obtain a firearm and sell it to a criminal? The point I was trying make is that
More likely than not the firearm and magazine were probably not legally purchased.

Last edited by deerassassin; 01-17-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Do you even know what a communist or fascist is? What has the UN got to do with these two groups? Sounds somewhat like drivel to me.....
Stalin and hitler did it. They unarmed there citizens and went to war.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
The UN is almost entirely driven by the agendas of commies/socialists of one form or another and fascists/dictators. Just a numbers thing.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Stalin and hitler did it. They unarmed there citizens and went to war.

Different time and place in history. I'm quite confident Justin has no dreams of world domination. Me thinks it may be time to put a.way the tinfoil hats?
Old 01-17-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
The UN is almost entirely driven by the agendas of commies/socialists of one form or another and fascists/dictators. Just a numbers thing.

Demographics being what they are. A number of folks here and elsewhere have indicated the world is changing. Change with it or become a dinosaur.... Not great choices!
Old 01-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Different time and place in history. I'm quite confident Justin has no dreams of world domination. Me thinks it may be time to put a.way the tinfoil hats?
Me thinks it may be time to break them out. History repeats itself he may not be hell bent on world domination. But it's all about control within the country. They ruin our industry so we have to depend on the government so we continue to vote them in because we have no choice. They take the guns so that even if we want to get them out we can't. Maybe it's tine for you too take them blinders off. As soon as you vote in a socialist government (which is what we have whether they admit it or not) you basically give up all your freedoms.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Justin is an eager child wanting to please the older people around him.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's what they said. (paraphrasing)

(but I agree...Justin has no delusions of world domination) He just wants to get a selfie with the world leader. He's a pawn that has been brainwashed into believing that less guns = less crime. Like so many other people it seems. Weak minded people with zero critical thinking ability.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Me thinks it may be time to break them out. History repeats itself he may not be hell bent on world domination. But it's all about control within the country. They ruin our industry so we have to depend on the government so we continue to vote them in because we have no choice. They take the guns so that even if we want to get them out we can't. Maybe it's tine for you too take them blinders off. As soon as you vote in a socialist government (which is what we have whether they admit it or not) you basically give up all your freedoms.
Please enlighten us as to who they are?

You say history repeats itself - but history tells me the communists fought the fascists in World War 2.

Who is this powerful political, economic, military, fascist, communist common denominator "they group" who are hellbent on world hegemony, control, domination and destruction of your way of life?

Who's interests do they serve and what is their ultimate goal?

Unless you can explain to us who they are - please pass the tin foil hat along to somebody else more qualified to wear it.