Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-27-2018, 12:14 PM

Default Husqvarna trigger job?

I'm considering getting a trigger job done on my pet Husqvarna 1600 and am wondering if anyone could recommend a gunsmith? My tentative Googling suggests that triggers on this rifle are somewhat tricky to improve, and I should be looking for someone with experience... not sure if that's the actual case or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
I'm considering getting a trigger job done on my pet Husqvarna 1600 and am wondering if anyone could recommend a gunsmith? My tentative Googling suggests that triggers on this rifle are somewhat tricky to improve, and I should be looking for someone with experience... not sure if that's the actual case or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
with out seeing it / its probably a 2 stage military trigger not a lot that can be done other than polish the seer and smooth it up also some time s a wider trigger shoe helps the shooter get a better feel for when it gonna break or a timney is a relitivly in expensive fix
Old 10-27-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post

I hand made a single stage adjustable trigger for my vz24. With basic hand tools about 15 years ago. Job took about 2 hours. It's not nearly as hard as it seems. The trigger is 100% safe ( has been tested in every way possible) is adjustable down to less than a pound, has zero creep and zero overtravel. The method/ type of trigger I made is outlined by Roy F Dunlap in his gunsmithing manual. If your interested I can email you more info with pictures. Tools needed were back saw,steel w sanding wheels, drill press/ bits, taps and torch (for heat treat).
Old 10-27-2018, 01:01 PM

I replaced the trigger on a 1640 with one from Huber Concepts. Great trigger and relatively inexpensive.

https://huberconcepts.com/
Old 10-27-2018, 03:40 PM

I think a drop in would be your best bet, like a timney.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper
Old 10-27-2018, 06:57 PM

Polish the sears and replace the trigger spring with a lighter one.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:07 PM

I've put Timneys in a couple really easy to do.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
I've put Timneys in a couple really easy to do.
I could not find a Timney trigger for this rifle. Husky's that use the various common Mauser actions would be easy to find aftermarket triggers for, but the 1600 was an action produced by Husqvarna. If I could find a Timney that would work I would definitely go that route.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:10 PM

Default Timney

Used to make a trigger for that model but I don't think they do any longer.....one way to find out send them an e-mail.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:50 AM

Default If memory serves me correctly

It was for the Husky Tradewinds sporter 60's to early 70's
Old 10-29-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
It was for the Husky Tradewinds sporter 60's to early 70's
Very hard to find, and the last one I saw was $240, but you are correct for sure. I’m guessing a smith or a talented guy with some time could convert a Mauser trigger.