Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-12-2010, 12:00 PM

Default Outdoor Life Venison

Anyone else try those venison recipes in the Dec issue of OL? Just tried the rosemary studded roast and it was the best deer roast I have eaten to date. Just wondering if anyone has tried these or has any other killer recipes to share as to me preparing and eating what I hunt is almost as much fun as hunting and I would like to open the eyes of those who don't think deer or any other wild game is excellent table fair and end up leaving top quality meat in the field for the coyotes as a result.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Banned

im with you on trying new ways to prepare wild meat. seldom do i find something i dont like....except antelope and spruce grouse. im not sure about your last sentence though. there are a few instances of poaching going on, but very very few hunters would intentionally waste deer meat. even if they dont care for it, i really believe most hunters find someone to give it to that does enjoy it.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:41 PM

I was just responding to the post about the deer being dumped outside of calgary but I did word that wrong as anyone who wastes edible game meat is poaching? But thats not the point this thread is meant to share ways to create delicious meals from our kills in the field.