Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 AM

Default Some new arrows

G' Day All,

Well Kathy has been away all week (a whole 3 days ) I have been waiting for my new shafts to arrive so I can get them ready for a Chital Deer hunt this week end.

They turned up today so I got stuck into them.

I don't know if I like the yellow flames (un expected) but we will see how they fly tomorrow eh.

Getting them prepped and ready

All done

For those interested the shafts are Blackhawk Vapour, Hunter Series 5000's Camo around 11gpi.

2" Blazer Vanes

130 grain Outback Supreme Broadheads

Cheers Noel
Old 06-25-2008, 05:24 PM

WOW !!

Those are some badass arrows.

How do you like the broadheads?

Do you find that the 2" vanes give you enough stabilization?
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 06-26-2008, 12:56 AM

Thanks TK,

I reckon these Outback Supremes are the best Aussie made BH out there, between them and the two inch Blazers my 60 yard groups went from poor (out to 8" or worse) to extra deadly (under 4") without any tuning or stuffing about. Now that I have got the nack for sharpening these particular BH's I get exception performance from them, every critter that I have shot at in the last two years has dropped in under 40 yards, usually dead before it hits the ground. 1 minute to lights out is the norm for me now days.

The trick with the Blazers is that they are a little stiffer, I think that is why they have greater control over the arrow.

Cheers Noel
Old 06-26-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor View Post

For those interested the shafts are Blackhawk Vapour, Hunter Series 5000's Camo around 11gpi.

2" Blazer Vanes

130 grain Outback Supreme Broadheads

Cheers Noel
Geez, how big are these Chital deer you speak of, those are some monster sized shafts your flinging there. Pretty funky looking with those yellow flames though...