Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
We need a Deadpool to come and chop these thieves up. Cops and courts are useless.

A friend of mine had his place broken into, truck and trailer loaded up and drove off with his stuff. Got pictures on his trail cam, located the truck in calling lake, cops said they couldn’t do anything about it, not even go have a look for any of his stuff. Said he’d have to catch them red handed.

Two years later he’s driving out to his acreage, sees a truck in the ditch loaded up with a bunch of things like generator, chainsaw etc. figured it looked like his stuff. Got to his acreage to find out the place was broken into again! Goes back to the truck in the ditch, now there’s another truck there and three of them transferring his property from one truck to the next. My friend gets out of his truck, walks up to their truck and verifies it’s his property then snaps. Starts yelling and told them he’s calling the cops and they have to sit tight. They start approaching him so he reaches in his truck and said “this gun is loaded, you’re going to wait for the cops”. Cops get there and arrest them. Fast forward a few months, he takes time off of work to go to court only to see the case get thrown out of court!!!!

Catches them once with a trail cam, not good enough.

Catches them red handed, not good enough.

Only one other option left imo.
Why was it thrown out of court?
Old 06-26-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
I would assume the healing lodge was full and waiting list was long
Old 06-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Supposedly a clerical error
Old 06-26-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Supposedly a clerical error
Wow.... just wow....

And they wonder why the people are so enraged.....
Old 06-26-2019, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow.... just wow....

And they wonder why the people are so enraged.....
I tell you what, my buddy was choked. He works at Suncor so to take time off work to go to court cost him a couple grand, only to have it thrown out and most likely will be cleaned out again. He left his door unlocked but the douche bags still kicked it in.....

First step is to lock up repeat offenders for some serious time.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:48 PM
Gone Hunting

It is frustrating to keep these crooks in a revolving system. Doing the same thing over and over , expecting a different result. People are fed up with this but when have you seen a real law and order candidate run for office? When was the last time you saw a politician get support for a bill to really toughen laws against any thing?

Cutting off limbs sounds like Sharia to me. Is that really what we want?

There may be something to be said for a gulag type prison. Harsh climate, hard work, no free drugs and needles. Anyone smuggling contraband could be added to the inmate population. Rehab and transfer out for those who show some remorse and promise.

I had a friend who chose serious crime as a career. Good pay, short hours, exciting work. Simple as that. He said the legal system is a joke, and prison is a joke. There's a whole other world of commerce etc. inside. The only thing that inmates hated/respected was the lash. Of course the lash is no linger an option.Crime and punishment is a business.

I guess when you boil it down to its basest form, some people are sheep and some are wolves. One thing is certain, the shepherd will not go hungry.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-26-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I tell you what, my buddy was choked. He works at Suncor so to take time off work to go to court cost him a couple grand, only to have it thrown out and most likely will be cleaned out again. He left his door unlocked but the douche bags still kicked it in.....

First step is to lock up repeat offenders for some serious time.

And if he lays a finger on the perps the next time he gets cleaned out he will have the book thrown at him and I guarantee there won't be a clerical error getting him off of the hook.

The bad guys have no fear of anything. Maybe it's time we changed the laws so that they had some teeth. Outsource jails to India an make them break big rocks into little rocks in the hot sun....All day and night....
Old 08-02-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
FFS.. It's not the RCMP or police's fault.

They do the best they can with the tools they have.

The Legal system is the issue. Until we can fix that, it doesn't matter how many times they capture these repeat offenders, as "by LAW" they are "punished" accordingly, and released.

RCMP/Police, have NOTHING to do with the punishments.

Trust me, if you guys knew any LEO's, you'd realize they are just as frustrated (if not more) as you, and would love the opportunity to shoot on sight.

Sorry, but what is a LEO?
Old 08-02-2019, 09:40 AM

Law Enforcement Officer.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:45 AM

Going to a meeting in a week or so about "Our rights". Should be entertaining to say the least.

Grizz
Old 08-02-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
And if he lays a finger on the perps the next time he gets cleaned out he will have the book thrown at him and I guarantee there won't be a clerical error getting him off of the hook.

The bad guys have no fear of anything. Maybe it's time we changed the laws so that they had some teeth. Outsource jails to India an make them break big rocks into little rocks in the hot sun....All day and night....
A group of vigilantes wearing balaclavas, using baseball bats on the thieves knees, is about the only way to stop them short of using lethal force.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Going to a meeting in a week or so about "Our rights". Should be entertaining to say the least.

Grizz
where abouts is that would like to go I live in Caroline area
Old 08-02-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
A group of vigilantes wearing balaclavas, using baseball bats on the thieves knees, is about the only way to stop them short of using lethal force.
Exactly! My kind of "justice".
Quote from "Roadhouse",
"boy that hurts don't it"?
FHD
Old 08-02-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
We need a Deadpool to come and chop these thieves up. Cops and courts are useless.

A friend of mine had his place broken into, truck and trailer loaded up and drove off with his stuff. Got pictures on his trail cam, located the truck in calling lake, cops said they couldn’t do anything about it, not even go have a look for any of his stuff. Said he’d have to catch them red handed.

Two years later he’s driving out to his acreage, sees a truck in the ditch loaded up with a bunch of things like generator, chainsaw etc. figured it looked like his stuff. Got to his acreage to find out the place was broken into again! Goes back to the truck in the ditch, now there’s another truck there and three of them transferring his property from one truck to the next. My friend gets out of his truck, walks up to their truck and verifies it’s his property then snaps. Starts yelling and told them he’s calling the cops and they have to sit tight. They start approaching him so he reaches in his truck and said “this gun is loaded, you’re going to wait for the cops”. Cops get there and arrest them. Fast forward a few months, he takes time off of work to go to court only to see the case get thrown out of court!!!!

Catches them once with a trail cam, not good enough.

Catches them red handed, not good enough.

Only one other option left imo.
>>>
Honestly made me feel physically sick to read this. I've a pit in my stomach as though it was me who was offended by the thieves.

I don't know man. Like others and you have said, we have to be given our rights back to defend what is ours.

If the thief is taken out of this life, what ever that looks like.... he/she cannot re-offend, costs the tax payer nothing and cannot come back at you in retribution.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
where abouts is that would like to go I live in Caroline area
Mountainview County office, Aug. 14 at 7 PM . Gotta register with Eventbrite. Thinking Clearwater would have something similar.

Grizz
Old 08-02-2019, 04:51 PM

"Cutting off limbs sounds like Sharia to me. Is that really what we want?"

That'd work for me. We don't have to call it that though. We could name it whatever we wanted...
Old 08-03-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post

That'd work for me. We don't have to call it that though. We could name it whatever we wanted...
How about Crime Prevention ?

Grizz
Old 08-03-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post

Scheer Era Law instead of Sharia law?

Just recently my brother and I had 2 power poles stolen off his place...who and how do you even steal power poles? This is within 2 days of us hauling them out and they were sitting in fairly tall grass, so not even sure how anyone knew they were there.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
Scheer Era Law instead of Sharia law?

Just recently my brother and I had 2 power poles stolen off his place...who and how do you even steal power poles? This is within 2 days of us hauling them out and they were sitting in fairly tall grass, so not even sure how anyone knew they were there.
45' or 60' sticks ain't light, that's one hell of a lift. Not cheering them on, but cudos to the size of their balls.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:45 PM

Funny, I first read this post yesterday. I work up in the Conklin area, but reside in camp 10kms or so from the hamlet. Took my personal truck to the gas station in town this afternoon, just to get out of camp for a couple hours and the first thing I see is an RCMP pickup driving by the entrance to our work site. I got to town and there was an additional 2 RCMP trucks waiting near the store talking to a local business owner. I figured something must have been pretty serious to see that many units lingering around. When I was inside the store both pickups sped out of the lot and headed south toward LLB, I walked outside to see what was going on but missed what they were after. A local man said they sped off in pursuit of a black pickup with a damaged front end. I didn't get a look myself but he said there was 4 units in pursuit. A few minutes later the two pickups I had originally saw in the lot were heading back North at high speed but they weren't following anything. Not sure exactly what they were after, nor did anyone in the store. I stayed off of the highway for about a half hour just in case, and never saw any more action afterward. I've been trying to look for some kind of news from LLB or Global Edmonton but haven't seen anything yet. Must have been fairly serious considering the at least 4 RCMP units involved.