Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-18-2021, 10:57 PM

Default Looking for gophers!

Hey everybody, just wondering if anyone around sylvan lake or somewhat close to it has some gophers they need gone. I’d like to get out and do some shooting. If you or someone you know has nuisance animals please let me know!

Thanks in advance

Nik
Old 04-19-2021, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 902nik View Post
Hey everybody, just wondering if anyone around sylvan lake or somewhat close to it has some gophers they need gone. I’d like to get out and do some shooting. If you or someone you know has nuisance animals please let me know!

Thanks in advance

Nik
If you are looking for gophers, then go and look for them, just like everyone else has to do it Drive east of sylvan and find some pastures, maybe check out a Hutterite Colony... Good luck looking, bright sunny days are the best, take some binoculars with you for scanning fields for activity. Fresh mounds are a good indicator.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 902nik View Post

Thanks in advance

Nik

Pretty sure any members with gopher issues have a good handle on how to deal with it and chances they'd share pretty slim.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:18 PM

drive around the small towns, more distance from big city the better. ask the post offices if you can put up a flyer about clearing gophers from farmers fields. the small gas stations and cafes also have post boards, maybe add due to covid I didn't want knock on your door in the post. then see if any one texts or calls you, can also take out a post in the county news papers. seen ppl post in the wheat land flyer before. short of that drive around, but distance from big city's is key. down the real rough back roads to the farms way at the end of a dead end gravel road were most ppl won't go to ask. definitely mention will clean up your trash and emptys and won't drive all over there fields, maybe add will pick up any other trash you see in the field when walking. try not to look like some city person, soy boy type with your fancy coffee, but on other hand don't look like Rambo In camo and face paint to shoot gophers ether. OK this last part is sort of a joke, but just be cool when talking to the old farm boys. and if they say no. thank em for there time and add maybe next time. some ppl just want see how you will react to them saying no, but will call you a week later. but definitely post at the post offices, gas stations, cafes, and local papers. just my 2 cents, well 10 cents cause this is a long post .
Old 04-19-2021, 07:37 PM

You might as well ask about secret elk hotspots, or perch waters.

Tags
coyotes, gophers, nuisance animals, pests, shooting