Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-25-2018, 04:39 PM

Default Jigging JawJacker Demo / Review Video

Merry Christmas to all the Online Fishing Buddies of the AO Forum and a very Happy New Year to you all. May you all catch the big one in 2019!

This is my First impression using the Jigging JawJacker for rainbow trout and brook trout. Here you will see the motions delivered to the lure with each of the three jigging wheels, the underwater reaction and how it works above water. I know a lot of guys have been asking me if I have one, if I've tried one and what I think about it. I also see a recent post on it. Well here you go the all new to me Jigging JawJacker and how it works. Hope you enjoy the video. Best of luck on the ice season 2018/19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY84WF4FYeE

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 12-25-2018, 07:59 PM

Great video as always. I have been tempted to get the jigger, but the price is pretty steep.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:59 PM

Thanks for the video ,I got three Cabela's cards to burn might have to pick one of these up

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2018, 08:08 PM

Thanks for sharing. May have to invest in one
Old 12-26-2018, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the video. Very informative.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:11 AM

In my mind I pictured this noisy thing that jigged in place kind of crappily. But the wheel design with different settings is actually impressive. I agree that the lower setting will be most popular but they will all have their uses. Whether or not I actually buy one I'm still debating. Probably not for now. Great demo Brandon, thanks!
Old 12-26-2018, 11:27 AM

Great synopsis, thanks for doing that.
I saw them in the Cabela's flyer but wasn't sure how they worked, looks like a piece of gear to watch for in the future.

So far I just have the sit on a bucket, manual powered jigger.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker80 View Post
Great video as always. I have been tempted to get the jigger, but the price is pretty steep.
Yeah I can see how price is an issue. It is quite a bit heavier duty and larger than the JawJacker itself. Also comes with a carry case and three wheels. I'm guessing price may come down in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
In my mind I pictured this noisy thing that jigged in place kind of crappily. But the wheel design with different settings is actually impressive. I agree that the lower setting will be most popular but they will all have their uses. Whether or not I actually buy one I'm still debating. Probably not for now. Great demo Brandon, thanks!
It's actually pretty quiet, the Big Jig Wheel does make a noise when the rod falls after the big jig. I find by rolling up the bag it comes with and stick under the back base of the jigger it helps reduce that and probably reduces transmission through the ice. I'll do some more testing, head to head with standard dead stick compared to jigger and see what happens. I think it will depend on the day though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
Great synopsis, thanks for doing that.
I saw them in the Cabela's flyer but wasn't sure how they worked, looks like a piece of gear to watch for in the future.

So far I just have the sit on a bucket, manual powered jigger.
Haha... the manual powered jigger is an effective method still.

Thanks for watching guys, glad you liked the first time review. More to come once I get some more use with different species.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
Old 12-26-2018, 06:26 PM

Man, I sure hope jawjacker reimburses you some how. I bought my jawjackers because of your older videos of them. Was on the fence of picking one of there jigging bases because of cost and size of having to pack more gear. But after watching your video and seeing the action of the lure with the different wheels I went and bought one today. Definitely the most in depth video ive seen of one yet. Wish I would have had it at cascade lake last year.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4MooseHunting View Post
Man, I sure hope jawjacker reimburses you some how. I bought my jawjackers because of your older videos of them. Was on the fence of picking one of there jigging bases because of cost and size of having to pack more gear. But after watching your video and seeing the action of the lure with the different wheels I went and bought one today. Definitely the most in depth video ive seen of one yet. Wish I would have had it at cascade lake last year.
Yeah actually I was told that these Jiggers absolutely slay on Cascade too! Good luck if you go down this year.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:39 PM

Default Slab Rap and Slender Spoon.

This was the rest of that day when the JawJacker was out of the water. Was Kind of a struggle.

Well when I was the other week I thought I'd toss down a new presentation for trout. The 1.5 inch perch colored Rapala Slab Rap. This is a very active presentation. It has a great wobble on the upstroke and a nice moderate drop on a slide. This really seems to attract some aggressive strikes from the trout even without the use of bait. The only issue was I think without bait they slash at the body of the lure and were missing the hooks. Or at least I was missing them on the hookset. I did manage to land a few one it during this slow day. It really seemed to attract their attention and trigger aggression bites. My dad used this same lure a couple days later all day long. You will see that in another video to be released next and he caught fish on it very well that day. The last few fish are also caught with another aggressive presentation that commonly graces the end of my line, the 1/8th ounce slender spoon. Both lures attract a lot of attention from wide and far. Sometimes when the fish are in an off mood and spread out, these will focus their attention to come in and put their mouth where it doesn't belong. If you're tire of bait and wait techniques definitely check out these flashy presentations next time you're on the ice!

https://youtu.be/_xViChqZF4o

Tags
jaw jacker, jawjacker, jigging jaw jacker, trout