Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2017, 09:37 AM

Default Looking for Bear fat

Hello AO,

I'm looking for some bear fat. please pm me if you have some, or know where I can get some.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:18 AM

I know where you can get some. If you look at the bear, there's a pointed end and a round end. There's more fat on the round end. But he spends considerable time putting it there and might be less than pleased if you try to take it. Sort of like bees and their honey, though I'm not sure if blowing smoke up a bear's hole is going to help to calm him much.

Whatcha making?
Old 06-01-2017, 12:03 PM

Default ha ha

I'm not making anything.

My friend has a real bad sensitivity to petroleum products, and bear fat is the best thing to help his skin heal.

He is willing to pay for it.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Banned

My hands get so dry, the skin cracks and bleeds. Can't say I've tried bear fat, but I found a simple recipe for stuff that word and its all organic.

Coconut oil and cocoa butter, both Organic. Melt slowly, half and half. Add some peppermint oil essentials, let cool til almost hard and whip with hand mixer. Store in jars in a cool place.

It smells of mint chocolate.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Banned

Silver doctors suggestion is a good one i use it along with a retail cream called GLAXAL BASE made by well skin, it will be in the pharmacy and NOT located with all the other perfumed creams filled with estrogen mimicking chemical compounds.

GLAXAL BASE is hypoallergenic perfume free lanolin free is non greasy and absorbs nearly instantly and helps the dryest cracked hands like nothing else.

$22.99/450 gram tub at stupid store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170601_124151.jpg (41.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20170601_124207.jpg (45.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-01-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rogi View Post
I'm not making anything.

My friend has a real bad sensitivity to petroleum products, and bear fat is the best thing to help his skin heal.

He is willing to pay for it.

Your friend is wise to source out bear grease.

It's molecular structure makes it Much better than plant lipids for penetrating and healing skin issues.

A word of caution, it is illegal to buy or sell bear fat.

I would happily send some if I had any left. I seem to attract a lot of new friends whenever words gets out that I made some grease.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 06-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Silver doctors suggestion is a good one i use it along with a retail cream called GLAXAL BASE made by well skin, it will be in the pharmacy and NOT located with all the other perfumed creams filled with estrogen mimicking chemical compounds.

GLAXAL BASE is hypoallergenic perfume free lanolin free is non greasy and absorbs nearly instantly and helps the dryest cracked hands like nothing else.

$22.99/450 gram tub at stupid store.
Yup ... good stuff .
Old 06-01-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
A word of caution, it is illegal to buy or sell bear fat.
Ah!! Thank you! I did not know that.

I will let him know about your suggestions, so he can try it. But he has told me that he has tried pretty much everything under the sun, and bear fat has been the best.

His skin does not dry up; it dries up and falls off his hands. It's not pretty.

So if anyone has any bear fat and lives in the general vicinity of Cold Lake, and would like to donate some, please pm me.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:23 PM

I got a jar in the fridge, but am SW of Edmonton. If you don't have any luck let me know and I can mail it or if you are in the area.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:09 PM

My hands used to be horrible, occupational eye a from washing my hands at work so many times a day. At least you can trust this cooks food...but I digress.

Your buddy should try "working hands" it's a hand cream, you can get it at Rona, Canadian tire etc. The stuff works.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:06 PM

Old 06-01-2017, 10:16 PM

Raccoon fat works too. When I was trapping and skinning a lot of coons my hand would be soft for about a month.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 06-01-2017, 10:16 PM

So does he use it in raw form on his hands or render it down? I'm intrigued haha. I plan on harvesting my first bear in the next week or two and could probly ship you some if you're in a pinch.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:10 AM

The last time he got some it was pre-prepared. He does not know if it is in it's raw form or rendered form.

Once he gets it if it does not look like it did last time he will figure out how to render it.

Tags
bear, fat.