Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-16-2017, 12:44 PM

Default New Ozone Product - Who else has tried it?

So I never typically post on these things, but I figured I'd share this new device I started using-hopefully you guys find it interesting and don't think I'm trying to spam you. I just know that I like when people tell me about good things they try, so here goes! I’ve been hunting all my life and outfit for wolves and other predators in Alberta, so I’m always looking for things to increase both mine and my clients’ success. I bought this little ozone device called the Enforcer when I was at the Harrisburg, PA show this year and I gotta say it's worked wonders for my hunting game. I've used ozone products for years but haven't really been overly happy with the results. I spent over $600 on the ozonics setup with extra batteries and whatnot, but the ozone was too overpowering for me and gave me a headache in my blind (plus I wanted something I could use to throw in my totes or the hunting room to recharge our clothing and the ozonics was too cumbersome for that). So then I gave the scentcrusher bags a try-which after reading reviews of people's clothing getting eaten up by the heavy dose of ozone they put out, I returned them. I don't know about you, but I spend way too much money on my boots and clothes to have the elastic destroyed, so if you have the scentcrusher bags, be careful! I have a buddy at Sitka that says Scentcrusher is under fire from them because Sitka has been receiving all of these warranty requests on their pants and jackets and they finally figured out the cause was the heavy dose of ozone from those bags that was literally eating the synthetic materials. So after all of those experiences, I wasn't too optimistic about how this Enforcer would work, but the guy at the booth kept insisting so I figured I'd buy one to get him to shut up. I tried it for the first time this winter when I took my girlfriend out wolf hunting. We don't sit over bait when we go-we voice call and electronic call to locate the pack and then make moves accordingly from there, so it's very important to have whatever edge we can over them. Out of everything I’ve hunted, wolves are by far the smartest and most difficult quarry to outsmart, but we ended up calling a pack of 12 to within 15 yards. I’ve had multiple experiences like that since and the only thing I’ve been doing differently is letting this unit run in our small hunting room with our gear before we go out. Plus I’ll run it in the truck too to kill any scent in there if we're going to be driving to a new spot. And I know odor control doesn’t make a difference for turkey hunting, but we tried it in our blinds this spring because I wanted to see if I had the same headache issue I had with the ozonics, but I was good to go, which was a relief because I have a feeling we'll be doing some Redneck blind bear hunting with the weather snap that's coming up. We’ve also been out scouting elk a few times this spring and have managed to get pretty close without being busted, so I’ll say this little unit works well. I’ve even got some of my trapping buddies on it now too, so it seems like everyone I've talked to that has used it has been happy with their results. So if you’re interested, they have a website with all the info where you can order it or I think you can get it at Dick’s Sporting Goods. Website is https://scentlokenforcer.ca/. I use it everywhere now-truck, hunting room, totes, garage, bathroom (happy girlfriend, am I right?), etc., so for the price and portability this thing has been well worth the $100 it cost. Anyhow, I think I’ve rambled enough. Hopefully someone out there will find this helpful! I know it’s made a difference in my hunting already this season. And if anyone else has tried it, I'd love to hear how it's worked for you or if it's just in my head. lol

Happy Hunting!
Old 05-16-2017, 01:11 PM

They were out last year in Edmonton area. I bought one from Lawrence at accurate archery and used it extensively last fall hunting. It was just over $100 as I recall. I liked it for a number of reasons
First off its small and lightweight and can run for almost 8 hours which is longer than ozonics.
Its a way cheaper than ozonics
It appears to work quite well I had a ground blind set up at a field edge. A doe and fawn came out on field about 20 yds in front of me. The enforcer at that point wouldn't have impacted anything as I was directly downwind however the fawn noticed me shift position in blind and that got them nervous and they retreated into woods. I could hear them circling back in woods and they popped out again into field behind me at only 30 yards and seconds later a third doe came out too. All just calmly fed into field giving no indication of my presence even though my scent was going right at them.
They are real quiet too.
You can smell the ozone but its not nauseating to me.
The only issue is there is no screw in threading to attach it but I solved that by putting it in a nylon stocking and cutting small hole by fan and air intake. I knotted stocking and hang it off a nail in tree or tie onto fiberglass rod in my blinds
Old 05-16-2017, 01:21 PM

Default Allee road

That's awesome Muzzy. Glad I'm not the only one that it's worked for. It's nice to see more affordable products our there for guys like us. And I think they make a carrying pouch for it now too that you can hang or attach to your belt. I'll probably order one of those before elk season starts this year.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter40 View Post
So if you’re interested, they have a website with all the info where you can order it or I think you can get it at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
have you sold many of these?

dicks might be a stretch to just pop over to
Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 PM

Default ONTARIO Calle

I haven't sold them. I've seen them at the tradeshows and that's where I bought mine. I know they have a website though. Their booth at Harrisburg seemed pretty busy, but that's all I know about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
have you sold many of these?

dicks might be a stretch to just pop over to
Old 05-16-2017, 02:02 PM

They are on sale at wholesale sports right now for 99.99 if anyone is interested. I will be picking up a couple myself. i like my ozonics for the tree stand but i also get a headache from the smell.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM

I like it, but find it too noisy when sitting on a dead calm day.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:23 PM

I find it extremely quiet very hard to hear it. It would be interesting to know the ozone output of the enforcer verses the ozone output of Qzonics. Does anyone have those numbers?
Old 05-24-2017, 05:50 PM

I talked myself out of one when I heard that it wrecks clothes and can be harmful to your health.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Tags
archery, hunting, predator, predator hunting