Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-30-2017, 12:32 PM

Default Help with bear baiting

I live in southern Alberta - looking for someone in northern Alberta able/willing to either run a bear bait line for me, let me hunt his bear bait line, or an outfitter that'll let my son and I hunt his bait line after his booked hunts are over.
I'll pay for bait and for your time setting it up - but we do NOT need a guide.
I'm NOT looking for a full service outfitted hunt - we'll provide our own accommodations, food and atv's... All I really need is gps coordinates to active bait sites, and I can take it from there... my son is 14 this spring and we'd like to do a bear hunt together, but don't have the time or area knowledge to put a bait line together... having said that though, active baits are a MUST - we went last year with an "outfitter" with a terrible reputation (I won't use his name on here, but if you're familiar with the outfitter in question, you'll know who I'm talking about). Anyway, we didn't see a single bear, and it's almost turned my son off to the whole idea of a bear hunt. So active baits are a MUST. Even if all we see is sows with cubs, that's better than nothing.
Hopefully there's someone on this forum that can help set something up like that...

Tags
bait, bear, resident