Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Blame the individual then not the brand/company.

LC
Like some posters treat the RCMP ?
Old 11-03-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Exactly how was it a poor case of journalism? Did it not happen and they lied? It was precisely the good journalism that forced Cabelas to fix things.
Do you need it drawn out by me personally with big pictures like how the sun would? Or do you need me to repeat what other posts on this thread have already stated.

I'm just trying to help you understand... Might have some crayons around here.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Exactly...guilt by association. People were telling off Cabelas employees who just answer phones...

LC
Old 11-03-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
The Cabelas faux pas was a one time event, for which the aggrieved parties (Cadets, veterans, Canadians) complained then received an admission, an apology and a $10k donation to the Legion within 3 or 4 days.

IOW, Cabelas was forthright and readily accountable.

The RCMP faux pas occur time and time again. Some aggrieved parties are disrespected and stonewalled, so they have to spend more than $10k to take the matter to Court. When in Court, it sometimes happens that the RCMP testimony is creative and it sometimes happens that the officers experience severe but convenient memory loss. When caught out, the RCMP shifts and sometimes promotes bad members to other detachments rather than firing them.

IOW, the RCMP as an institution is often less than forthright and it avoids accountability.

Maybe the difference is that when it comes to Cabelas we can choose to shop there or not.

When it comes to the RCMP we have no choice.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Exactly how was it a poor case of journalism? Did it not happen and they lied? It was precisely the good journalism that forced Cabelas to fix things.
Where did, at any point, they lie? You oko are reacting exactly like a pre adolescent teen. The manager made a call. Once again he made a call that he felt was the best call to preserve his job. Why are you not pointing fingers at the lack of adult responsibility of the cadet leaders? Give me a break boys. How the cadet leaders have somehow escaped any sort of backlash for not having the mental capacity to simply make a phone call beforehand to the powers to be blows me away, and even more so that the twits calling for this managers head cant see this for what it was.....a misunderstanding. You guys honestly need to find ways to spend your energy on something actually worth while combating. Like homelessness, or mentoring a youth hunter. You guys that have taken the time to 'protest' this 'travesty against mankind' are literally ridiculous. Grow up gentleman. Go hunting

Last edited by wildside2014; 11-03-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cabelas