Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-04-2013, 04:58 PM

[
Old 10-04-2013, 05:05 PM

Lac La Biche is like any other northern location, you have to put in the time, effort, and get off the beaten trail to find what your looking for, whether its water fowl in the slews, grouse on the quad trails, or deer in the fields. Not everyone from the area is hostle towards outsiders but there has been a major influx of hunters to the area who are not always the kindest/respectful to posted private land, or the crown land we all share. Sorry AMYNORMAN that your post got hijacked for an arguement, PM me and I can get you some info on lakes just not sure how much water fowl would be around.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:08 PM

Default 26 quarters of land

Any one can hunt those 26 quarters of land, just hand over about two and a half million. Then you can have all the say who can hunt or drive around on
the hay fields, leave the gates open, leave garbage around, shoot animals
you have known for years, get stuck in low areas, then leave a mess and come back next weekend with his drinking buddies. Some of you don`t understand driveing on a hay field causes winter-kill of plants like alfalfa.There is so much many people don`t understand or even have the foggiest clue about, they only see what THEY want. That could be land his father and grandfather bust their backs working on and some arrogant weekend "sportsman" says I can go where I want. That attitude is similar to the Freeman who occupied the trappers cabin. Read what people say about them. Still got that two and a half million sitting around, go get it. Most here could not pay the taxes on the land. My rant for today
Old 10-04-2013, 05:24 PM

Antlercarver,

I don't believe that the OP was asking to hunt this particular parcel of land.
From the response of the owner on here, it would be a waste of both peoples time to knock on his door. A guy would probably figure it out by the signage prior to a door knock anyway.

I mean really.....she's asking for a little nudge in the right direction for some flippin' bird hunting around LLB
Old 10-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Lookin for a fight.....A/O or LLB...
Old 10-04-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKMASTER View Post
not arrogant people just people protecting our land why dont people hunt where they live or have permission everybody hates road hunters
so why is it ok to call people arrogant br=ecause we say something?
I've come across a couple large land owners. For the most part, pretty friendly folks. Sometimes the kids don't follow the old mans lead. Kinda like a guy that starts ranting about how everyone should hunt at home, and stay away from his, when nobody really wanted anything to do with him in the first place.

I think daddy owns 26 quarters.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch donkey View Post
I've come across a couple large land owners. For the most part, pretty friendly folks. Sometimes the kids don't follow the old mans lead. Kinda like a guy that starts ranting about how everyone should hunt at home, and stay away from his, when nobody really wanted anything to do with him in the first place.

I think daddy owns 26 quarters.
Ding ding ding!!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Gone Hunting

wonder if he ever applies for Antelope or elk?, or has ever left his daddy's land???
Old 10-04-2013, 10:51 PM

Such hostility from a landowner with 6 1/2 sections. I would be a pretty happy guy in that situation. As for the 20? Just wow
Old 10-05-2013, 08:54 AM

Wow....what's next..."that was my deer!"
Old 10-05-2013, 11:09 AM

I'm guessing it wouldn't take long to count 26 "quaters" on a land ownership map and come up with a name, a number, and home quarter location. Hey rack master........ I know where you live feeling purdy good about yourself right about now??

To the op: Best of luck with the birds up there sorry I can't be of any help.

If I ever draw my sword on you, may the good lord strike me dead.

Luck is just an excuse for poor fishing

B.O.G warriors for life!!! Boots On the Ground!!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:38 AM

There are a few small lakes just off of hwy 881 in between lac la biche and imperial mills. A quick look on google earth should show you where they are, and you can see them from the highway. Shouldn't have any issues with being too close to Rackmaster's property either, and you might just find one of those big whitetails too. They are there....
Old 10-05-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
Any one can hunt those 26 quarters of land, just hand over about two and a half million. Then you can have all the say who can hunt or drive around on
the hay fields, leave the gates open, leave garbage around, shoot animals
you have known for years, get stuck in low areas, then leave a mess and come back next weekend with his drinking buddies. Some of you don`t understand driveing on a hay field causes winter-kill of plants like alfalfa.There is so much many people don`t understand or even have the foggiest clue about, they only see what THEY want. That could be land his father and grandfather bust their backs working on and some arrogant weekend "sportsman" says I can go where I want. That attitude is similar to the Freeman who occupied the trappers cabin. Read what people say about them. Still got that two and a half million sitting around, go get it. Most here could not pay the taxes on the land. My rant for today
Well Said.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Well Said.
Bawk bawk bawk..
Old 10-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Yeah we got a county map for the region. Can't wait to see where rack masters property is. 26 quarters huh ?

Tags
duck, grouse, hunting birds