Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2014, 06:58 PM

I wish some one would give me the definition of fun. Am I missing something?
What is the fun or thrill in watching 5 or 15 dollars blow up?

You want to see things blow up join the military and go to the front lines when needed.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpjumper View Post
That is the sort of thing that people who should not handle explosive say just before they show up on the news.

And a stupid comparison.

A gun is nothing with out a shell and the explosive and the parts that make it is not handled, made, stored or used like a shell.

Bad compareason and bad thinking there I think.
I don't think you understand the comparison.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:09 PM

just be careful as usual and have a Blast......
Old 06-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
I don't think you understand the comparison.
One of us does not.

The product is as dangerous as it is made to be.
The potential for harm stable until we add a user.

How dangerous is tannerite in your hands?
Maybe not so dangerous.
In mine it would be quite safe but I would not say as safe as a gun.
I worked with high explosive and making charges before and had a license for it. Little thing that you ignore for a moment. Bad habits and boom.

Now, how dangerous is tannerite in the hands of a drunk or a guy that lights fires or bouncing down the road in the back of a car next to fire works while the driver puffs on a smoke?

How about in the hands of a bunch of drunk stone 18 year old boys tryin to thrill some girls?
Or a kid that likes matches and fire trucks?

Obviously a pound of tannerite contains much more potential danger than a gun alone or one that is loaded with a lone bullet or even one loaded with a lone bullet in the hands of an idiot.

It was a bad example and did not include the real problem. People and the fact that most do not read the instuction and like to play by there own rules doin silly things that are dangerous. The U-tube is full of them.

Understand?
Old 06-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
One of us does not.

The product is as dangerous as it is made to be.
The potential for harm stable until we add a user.

How dangerous is tannerite in your hands?
Maybe not so dangerous.
In mine it would be quite safe but I would not say as safe as a gun.
I worked with high explosive and making charges before and had a license for it. Little thing that you ignore for a moment. Bad habits and boom.

Now, how dangerous is tannerite in the hands of a drunk or a guy that lights fires or bouncing down the road in the back of a car next to fire works while the driver puffs on a smoke?

How about in the hands of a bunch of drunk stone 18 year old boys tryin to thrill some girls?
Or a kid that likes matches and fire trucks?

Obviously a pound of tannerite contains much more potential danger than a gun alone or one that is loaded with a lone bullet or even one loaded with a lone bullet in the hands of an idiot.

It was a bad example and did not include the real problem. People and the fact that most do not read the instuction and like to play by there own rules doin silly things that are dangerous. The U-tube is full of them.

Understand?
Tannerite cannot be detonated by any of the examples you listed, a loaded rifle would be much more dangerous in the hands of a drunk, stoned 18yr old or a kid.

It can only be detonated by high velocity impact, hence the comparison to the loaded gun you would use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannerite
Old 06-21-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post

You want to see things blow up join the military and go to the front lines when needed.

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA. Ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State."
-- Heinrich Himmler
Old 06-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA. Ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State."
-- Heinrich Himmler
Yup. perfect, so let's have a bunch of guys go out to Homestead or wherever, and start drinking beer and blowing up crap and post it on You tube, that will help is keep our ever diminishing gun owner rights with the urbanite voters?
Old 06-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Yup. perfect, so let's have a bunch of guys go out to Homestead or wherever, and start drinking beer and blowing up crap and post it on You tube, that will help is keep our ever diminishing gun owner rights with the urbanite voters?
No more posting pics of big game trophies either.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
No more posting pics of big game trophies either.
poor reply.....thanks though....
Old 06-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Tannerite cannot be detonated by any of the examples you listed, a loaded rifle would be much more dangerous in the hands of a drunk, stoned 18yr old or a kid.

It can only be detonated by high velocity impact, hence the comparison to the loaded gun you would use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannerite
Sure.
What ever you say.
We should sell that stuff in 7-11 next to the candy bars it is so safe.

Perhaps read what I said instead of pretendin that I said some thing else.

Oh and maybe you should do some more looking for incident.
Then think about the difference between one bullet and a explosive charge.

For one thing how many fires have you started by shooting your gun?

That stuff can be detonated or cause harm by doing things other than shooting a gun at it.
You just do not want to admit it that it is possable.
That stuff can also do a lot more potential harm than one bullet fire from a gun.
All you need to do is look on u-tube for proof.

I am starting to think that guys like you are the reason that the rst of us are denied so many things.

Thanks. Keep up the good work the anti crown loves it when we encourage more stupid among our own.

Last edited by Stumpjumper; 06-21-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Stupid people do stupid things wherever and whenever they please. We have laws to punish those whose stupid actions affect other people, these idiots will be dealt with accordingly. Please don't try to protect us from ourselves, the sandy panties don't need the competition. I am a member of Rosebud and BTSA, we volunteer our time to clean up the mess at the (Homestead) public range, a few chunks of pyro won't make a whole lot of difference to the work-load unfortunately.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Stupid people do stupid things wherever and whenever they please. We have laws to punish those whose stupid actions affect other people, these idiots will be dealt with accordingly. Please don't try to protect us from ourselves, the sandy panties don't need the competition. I am a member of Rosebud and BTSA, we volunteer our time to clean up the mess at the (Homestead) public range, a few chunks of pyro won't make a whole lot of difference to the work-load unfortunately.
If this stuff is that safe, let's bring back firecrackers. Now there's a blast for Ya.

Grizz
Old 06-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Banned

Hey,hold my beer,Watch this!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sure.
What ever you say.
We should sell that stuff in 7-11 next to the candy bars it is so safe.

Perhaps read what I said instead of pretendin that I said some thing else.

Oh and maybe you should do some more looking for incident.
Then think about the difference between one bullet and a explosive charge.

For one thing how many fires have you started by shooting your gun?

That stuff can be detonated or cause harm by doing things other than shooting a gun at it.
You just do not want to admit it that it is possable.
That stuff can also do a lot more potential harm than one bullet fire from a gun.
All you need to do is look on u-tube for proof.

I am starting to think that guys like you are the reason that the rst of us are denied so many things.

Thanks. Keep up the good work the anti crown loves it when we encourage more stupid among our own.
They sell gasoline at 7-11, a far more dangerous product than tannerite if not used properly.

The reason we are denied so much now is because of people like you who are so afraid of things they don't understand.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
If this stuff is that safe, let's bring back firecrackers. Now there's a blast for Ya.

Grizz
As kids we had so much fun with them, too bad we protect our kids from themselves these days eh? What's next, no-hit hockey?
Old 06-22-2014, 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=expmler;2471128]They sell gasoline at 7-11, a far more dangerous product than tannerite if not used properly.

The reason we are denied so much now is because of people like you who are so afraid of things they don't understand.[/QUOTE]

IMO we are denied 'so much' because people are idiots. They do not know how to understand the implictions of their actions. There are so many examples of people thinking what they do has no consequence.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-22-2014, 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Red Bullets;2471233]
Quote:
They sell gasoline at 7-11, a far more dangerous product than tannerite if not used properly.

The reason we are denied so much now is because of people like you who are so afraid of things they don't understand.[/QUOTE]

IMO we are denied 'so much' because people are idiots. They do not know how to understand the implictions of their actions. There are so many examples of people thinking what they do has no consequence.
Yup, Society deems it expedient to defend ourselves against the Darwin factor. If All Men were Reasonable we wouldn't need laws

Grizz
Old 06-22-2014, 05:38 PM

The products are not the problem, it's the people that use them in an unwise manner that is the problem, be it Tannerite, cars , jacked up trucks, quads, boats motorcycles, certain types of guns guns, FMJ ammo, barbed hooks, or anything else that someone does not like as opposed to those that like it..

Cat
Old 06-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned

Default Firecrackers are far too dangerous for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
Nope no firecrackers.You are allowed to own high powered rifles and shotguns that can be semi-automatic but firecrackers are far too dangerous to own/use/enjoy and all because of a couple of wussy punks BITD.They were "camping" out in the back yard and lit thier tent on fire and when it came up to standing up and being honest they wussed out.They were actually smoking cigarrettes but did not want to suffer the consequences so they said they were playing with firecrackers.And in so doing they pretty much hosed every kid/adult that likes things that go BANG.

Nothing wrong with firecrackers IMO...they go BANG and they can do neato stuff like blowing up hot wheels cars when I was a kid...toss them at your friends in competition....no big deal all they do is go BANG.

Another thing Canadians AND Americans are not allowed to buy is....Lawn Darts..(at least online)..no Lawn Darts allowed as they are far too dangerous.Yuppers we can buy and own and use high powered rifles/shotguns and if we go through the process we can even own hand guns.....but firecrackers and lawn darts are far too dangerous for us.

If you see a set of lawn darts at a garage sale BUY them.

As for Tannerite and using it at a range I just dont see the point of wasting the money as well as causing problems.

FTH
Old 06-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Definitely a short term investment.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:

The reason we are denied so much now is because of people like you who are so afraid of things they don't understand.

Right.

Well one thing for sure.
The IQ on this forum went down in Feb.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Right.

Well one thing for sure.
The IQ on this forum went down in May.
Fixed that for you.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Fixed that for you.
Ha!
very fresh and originale.

You may not have vision but at least I can teach you trick.

Good night to you sir.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
The products are not the problem, it's the people that use them in an unwise manner that is the problem, be it Tannerite, cars , jacked up trucks, quads, boats motorcycles, certain types of guns guns, FMJ ammo, barbed hooks, or anything else that someone does not like as opposed to those that like it..

Cat
Exactly!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
Exactly!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 02:06 AM

Yup.
poorly informed, pussified nation.
I really wish you could, but i don't think you can ever really get rid of stupid. As long as there are people there will always be error and mistakes. People are nowhere near perfect, but if we educate ourselves and each other I think we are making steps in the right direction.
I would love to see this stuff in action, I think it should be legal. However I really like the valid PAL required part. You have to try and reduce the number of clumsy uneducated hands this stuff could get into, but give your head a shake. Someone will screw it up, hurt themselves or someone else. Or if someone wants it bad enough they will get some, or make some. That shouldn't mean that now no one can have it, but it would probably be a good idea if it were regulated in some way, like requiring a PAL.
I just wish we did a little less protecting the stupid and let them weed themselves out, the problem is that usually someone innocent that gets in the way of someone mentally incapable.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:26 AM

A PAL keeps guns(or in this hypothetical, explosives) out of the hands of irresponsible people about as much as driving liscences keep bad drivers off the road.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 06-23-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
As for Tannerite and using it at a range I just dont see the point of wasting the money as well as causing problems.

FTH
I don't see the sense of firing a 50 BMG and throwing a pile of money down the range with every shot either, but some guys can't see the sense of shooting an archaic round like a .577 Snider or a .58 round ball at an animal , so it comes down to the individual .

if they do it with safety in mind is the question.....
Cat
Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

It sells out fast.......

Don't knock it till you try it
Old 07-02-2014, 01:57 AM

Cool

I have been looking for this product and I found this one binary exploding targets I am not sure about the quality or the origin of their offering. Has anyone have looked into this before? If you have any other options you know are worth the time to check out, please post them here. Thanks!

Last edited by kaka_bin; 07-02-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Tags
border, canada, legal, shooting, tannerite