Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2018, 09:15 PM

Default Fly fishing Near Nordegg

I am going camping this may long weekend, up in the nordegg area. I will be camping close to shunda creek, i was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some decent fly fishing(or spin casting) lakes, ponds etc.. Not looking for any honey holes, just looking to be pointed in the right direction. As i will be driving down from calgary, and only have a 2 days of fishing till i have to come back, i figured it was worth a shot to ask on here rather than waste my weekend via trial and error lol. From what ive been reading the ram and blackstone are closed until mid june, otherwise i would start there and walk the river. I will have a aluminum boat with a trolling motor as well. Any info is appreciated, thanks.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:27 PM

Default Fishing

Not far from Noregg, comeing from RMH left side you will see a small fish out pond, fairly easy for 5 rainbows---Go with a float indi and 14 sinking nynph--You wont be alone, but the trout bait wise,good casting room.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:46 AM

lots of lakes to fish around there. Shunda/Fish lake, Goldeye Lake, Harlech pond, the two borrow pit lakes north of Hwy 11 on the Forestry Trunk Rd. shunda and goldeye are big enough for a boat but electric motors only.

i am not sure but i think Shunda Creek should be open. its not listed in the 2018 regs for some reason. if it is open it is a fun small creek to fish. lots of small brookies and occasional brown.

good luck
Mike
Old 05-17-2018, 08:52 AM

Just follow the crowd.

Tags
fishing, flyfishing, nordegg, trout