Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 AM

Default $1500 Mosin???

At the sportsmans show this weekend I was looking at the old rifle display and asked one of the guys there how much their Mosin Nagant was worth. I figured $400 MAX seeing as our friends to the South pick these up all the time for $100. He told me $1500.

Come on now. Even in perfect shape with the period Russian scope there is no way in hell anyone would pay that is there?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 PM

That isn't really that horrible of a price. Look at any other sniper rifles out there that are original. they tend to add a zero to the price. Most other snipers would run 3000 or higher. I think the original scope would be worth good money on it's own. Now if it's a make up rifle, even with a correct but replica scope I would think thats high.

Edit:

I should add, that I have seen one for sale and they were asking $1200 if I remember right, I didn't look that close at it. Most Mosin Nagant rifles that are in stock military condition run between 100-200.

Last edited by Scar270; 03-17-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar270 View Post
That isn't really that horrible of a price. Look at any other sniper rifles out there that are original. they tend to add a zero to the price. Most other snipers would run 3000 or higher. I think the original scope would be worth good money on it's own. Now if it's a make up rifle, even with a correct but replica scope I would think thats high.

Edit:

I should add, that I have seen one for sale and they were asking $1200 if I remember right, I didn't look that close at it. Most Mosin Nagant rifles that are in stock military condition run between 100-200.
He's right. Not all the mil surp stuff is the same. There are some models worth more than others.

The other thing is the stuff being imported now...was passed up by dealers when they started importing them 25 years ago. Another slug of good ones came in when the wall went down.

The newly imported ones are usually pretty rough...but I have an arsenal select and refurbished Mosin and a Steyer that are both from the 1st wave and are much nicer and better shooters than you see now. I would expect at least 400 for either of them.

Actually...I'm sending them to auction this fall if you are interested.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:57 AM

Some of these guys are out to lunch. At the Red Deer show, the fat, old parts German, from around Edmonton wanted 300 bucks, for a battered up old Polish flare pistol. Bought a brand new one, for 40., the week before.

Grizz
Old 07-27-2011, 08:20 PM

If it was a legitimate, numbers matching, Mosin Nagant sniper rifle with matching scope and base then yes it is worth the money. More than likely it is one of the old Century Arms make ups from 1995 (I still have the catalog) that's probably worth about $600-$750, the current price for the ones I'm seeing on line.
I highly doubt it's a legitimate rifle.
Cheers