Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
Id take the SD card as often the owner gets his pic taken while setting it up and I would leave a note inside the camera saying that the camera was found by landowner and that you are tresspassing and that if spotted again on my land the RCMP will be calling Taking the camera is still theft and two wrongs don't make a right
I gotta disagree. It is not stealing if it is on your property and turn it in to the police. Make sure the police knows there was not permission and that if not claimed in 30 days you want it back. Then it is yours legally after that.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 PM

Interesting to see the different responses....

What happens when you put a game camera on your land, and one day you check it only to find the camera still in tact, undamaged, no note, but the memory card is gone!!??
Old 03-20-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedogg View Post
I would leave a note disclosing the cam is at my home and if he wants it he better come talk to me. Would be curious to see as to what they would say and how much balls they have to come get it.
Best option. What I would do.

Grizz
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Banned

I love these threads.

It's like a coming out party for mouth breathing cromags.

Well I'll tell you what, I'd do something stupid so that this person will possibly steal/vandalize somethin next time they're cruisin my section.

Great idea Jed, I think you're wanted in Tennessee.

How about a note that says something like, "I like to know who accesses my property. Give me a call and we can discuss access."

I'd probably check out the chip to see if it has the persons image.

Either that or a self portrait in my speedo with my desert eagle and a sign that says, "Do you like to party?"
Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 PM

Either that or a self portrait in my speedo with my desert eagle and a sign that says, "Do you like to party?"

Now I don't care who you are....that's funny right there!

.....and maybe a little disturbing.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseelk View Post
Set up your own cam to watch when he comes to check his.You may get a pic of your nieghbors kid,Or the very least you will have a pic of who you are dealing with.
x2
Old 03-20-2013, 06:17 PM

I would likely do nothing crazy. Life is too short to get myself all worked up about who is doing what. I may leave a note and number to call and ask if they know where they are, but that's about it.

I used to get all bent out of shape and breath fire when I caught someone trespassing or worrying about it. Isn't worth it.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:34 PM

Definatly lots of good responses here But for the most part a note very stern note is what I do
Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post

Now I don't care who you are....that's funny right there!

.....and maybe a little disturbing.
That way if they come back you know to shoot on site.

It's the neighbourly thing to do.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Banned

When I was a kid I could cruise the bush and fields for 5 miles in any direction from the house and no one would blink an eye.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 PM

A note....

You want your camera back... You know where to come and get it..

Or I keep it..
Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Dress up in a samsquantch suit and walk past it every few days, maybe get a few pics of you looking right at it. When you see some guy on the news claiming he found sasquatch, you know who it is.
haha this is a good plan if you're looking to get shot.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
Id take the SD card as often the owner gets his pic taken while setting it up and I would leave a note inside the camera saying that the camera was found by landowner and that you are tresspassing and that if spotted again on my land the RCMP will be calling Taking the camera is still theft and two wrongs don't make a right
x2
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Put a piece of duct tape over the lens and leave a note,

"You are on private property on which you have no permission to be on. As you can see I am a courteous individual and I expect you to be the same. Please gather up your personal property and move on to crown land".

Very simple. Give him the benefit of the doubt of not knowing. If you go back and the camera is gone but you found others, take them and leave a note telling them he can come pick them up from you himself.

We don't have to get the police involved with everything, fully grown men should be able to take care of problems themselves, especially since most are "conservative".
Like this too
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Put a piece of duct tape over the lens and leave a note,

"You are on private property on which you have no permission to be on. As you can see I am a courteous individual and I expect you to be the same. Please gather up your personal property and move on to crown land".

Very simple. Give him the benefit of the doubt of not knowing. If you go back and the camera is gone but you found others, take them and leave a note telling them he can come pick them up from you himself.

We don't have to get the police involved with everything, fully grown men should be able to take care of problems themselves, especially since most are "conservative".
X2. Good answer. No vandalism, just common courtsey. Give them the benefit of the doubt they didn't realize they were on private property. Second time is confiscation and note to pick up unit at RCMP.
Third time, auction off items, buy beer.