Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-14-2010, 12:10 PM

Does country boys include Hutterites? Think about it. Should they get their meat that way also. Laws are there for a reason.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:49 PM

Default Hilarious

I am a city boy but have had the oppurtunity to hunt with a quite a few country boys. There is no doubt in my mind at all that country boys tend to stretch the boundries of legality way more than an average city boy ever would. In pretty much all my experiences with country boys, drinking and hunting go hand and hand, the mirror on the side of your truck isn't for seeing behind you it is a gun rest, and "f*** yeah we can shoot on his land, no worries". Look, I have nothing against country boys, in fact I think they are a riot, but they were definately raised with different understanding of the rules than I was.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireline View Post
Does country boys include Hutterites? Think about it. Should they get their meat that way also. Laws are there for a reason.
They cant carry guns but they have people kill their animals for them and that is fact
Old 10-14-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eze View Post
They cant carry guns but they have people kill their animals for them and that is fact
I don't know if that "fact" is true or not but the Hutterites I know all carry firearms in their trucks. Two brothers are avid hunters and shooters.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:07 PM

i'd say locals are much worse. I'm a country boy. It's so easy when you know the place. and know where the CO lives.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
They aren't supposed to have firearms but I know a lot of Hutterites, because I deal with them daily with my job, and most every colony has a firearm or two on it. One of the colony boys had probably 20-30 coyotes, some fox and raccoons that he had shot.
They aren't supposed to have stereoes, TVs, game systems, computers for private use, but the young guys tell me all the time how they keep one step ahead of the boss using them.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM

You would be amazed what a box of beer or a jar will get on a Hut colony, as far as permission, and direction to locations of any and all wildlife. The boys are more than willing to share with you, both the information, and whatever you might bring along to ply them with!!!! Experience has told me that.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireline View Post
I few years back I read in the Game Warden mag where a couple hoots were charged with poaching a deer.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:53 AM

The poachers that get caught are usually the ones with big mouths. Big mouths are everwhere. LOL