Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 03-18-2016, 12:46 AM

Default Upper North Saskatchewan

Just wondering if anyone has experience fishing between the park boundary and Abraham Lake. Am planning a Bull trout hunting trip for end of April. Have specific spots in mind, mouth of Cline, mouth of Siffleur, Whirlpool point top and bottom. Also looking for camping spot. do they lock the gates at Thompson Creek of Two O'Clock Creek?
Old 03-18-2016, 01:09 AM

I've fished it very briefly once or twice, but always during a runnoff when it was high and silty: no luck. I would suggest random camping (Preacher's Point is a good place to look). Two o'Clock etc. will all be gated and locked for now.

Please let us know how you do.

Two Feet and a Heartbeat,
Steven
Old 03-18-2016, 08:55 AM

Last april i was on my way to kelowna to get my sleeve and i fished for awhile in that area! It was very low and clear and i saw absolutly nothing! Gave up took off the waders and decided to just keep on going but as i was driving i saw a pool from the road so slammed on the brakes. Redressed and went down there. Was chuckin a white clouser for bulls and caught this beauty cutt! Saw few more cutts as well!

Old 03-18-2016, 09:46 AM

The mouth of the cline has never produced much for me, I've always ended up with small cutts, bulls and RMW. I'm sure if you hit the lake-run bull trout right as they're entering the cline you might do well. Other than that, no dice. Bighorn has some decent bulls migrate in from the NSR, but I haven't caught a nice bull out of there for years.
For camping spots I'd say the creek mouth of allstones creek on Abraham lake, from what I remember theres a good road to drive down. Let us know how you do!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:56 AM

not much for fish numbers in that section. Steep, fast, cold, little food. There are a few around, but your gonna work for em. You are on the right track though, first couple pools upstream on any tributary. Wouldnt waste time on Abraham, they don't hang out close to shore and I would never boat on that lake

X2 on allstones for camping. Nice place but watch your step in the trees, some people don't bury their crap.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:08 AM

We fished it hard and got 2 small bulls last season upstream of Abraham but that's all. We were using big white flies in the big back eddies