Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-28-2017, 09:40 PM
Banned

Bump
Old 05-08-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Does anybody have info regarding whether or not suppressors (in areas where legal), have an impact on poaching?
Poachers are going to poach. You may already now this but unlike the movies on anything over 1100 FPS silencers don't silence they only reduce the sound level. So you will still here the shot just not as loud.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:44 PM

bumping this as the due date is coming up

thanks for all the signatures
Old 06-01-2017, 09:49 PM

I'll be signing asap. I hate it when my ears ring for a day...
Old 06-01-2017, 10:37 PM

When people are target shooting there might be wildlife in the perimeter, sound moderators should be allowed if only to protect their hearing!!( Getting the militant animal welfare fundamentalists on our bandwagon )
Old 06-05-2017, 05:46 PM

Default Listen up

These petitions, all kinds of them are presented to Parliament, it used to be one day a week usually Friday afternoon, there were no MPs in the chamber, 99% had gone home for the weekend. The MP reads out his petition to the Hansard reporters (there are 2) who write down what he says. That is the end of it.

The MP uses the Hansard written transcript to impress the Hicks (that's) us at home that he is hammering it home to those guys in Ottawa. That is where it all stops.

The rub with this petition is in the wrong hands could embolden our opponents to think of other even more effective ways to save our hearing; close all shooting ranges, insist that they be 10 miles from any dwelling, only rim fire sub sonic ammo be used, you get the idea.

Unless the government brings the idea forward as a bill it will never happen!

This sort of thing has the potential to blow up in our face.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:18 PM

What's going on with this petition?
Old 07-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylverCANADA View Post
What's going on with this petition?
ironically it's going to fall on deaf ears
Old 07-28-2017, 07:52 PM

Deaf ears don't need silencers, but the rust of us do!
Old 09-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Banned

this was tabled today. expect a big NO
Old 11-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Banned

This was tabled today.

Got an email saying so.

My hopes are high, expectations are low.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:48 PM

Default Nothing will happen!

This is not how legislation is created, it has to be a bill presented by the government. Non government MPs can present a private member's bill which also have no chance.

Petitions are read out periodically in both the Federal house of commons and in the Provincial legislatures.

They are like the the American's "thoughts and prayers".

If you think this is important, get your favorite party to make it part of it's platform. It worked for the LGR.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Default Voted down, this is the govt official response.

The Government believes in implementing effective measures with respect to firearms that prioritize public safety, while
remaining mindful of the need for such measures to be manageable for firearms owners and businesses. Naturally, the
safety of firearms users is always a paramount consideration.
8BAny device intended to muffle the sound of a firearm has been unlawful in Canada since the early 1900s. Sound
reduction or elimination diminishes the public’s ability to react to gun violence and makes it harder for law enforcement
to become aware of a possible criminal incident.
9BThe Minister of Justice encourages firearms owners to make use of other forms of hearing protection that are commonly
available and that do not adversely impact public safety.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
The Government believes in implementing effective measures with respect to firearms that prioritize public safety, while
remaining mindful of the need for such measures to be manageable for firearms owners and businesses. Naturally, the
safety of firearms users is always a paramount consideration.
8BAny device intended to muffle the sound of a firearm has been unlawful in Canada since the early 1900s. Sound
reduction or elimination diminishes the public’s ability to react to gun violence and makes it harder for law enforcement
to become aware of a possible criminal incident.

9BThe Minister of Justice encourages firearms owners to make use of other forms of hearing protection that are commonly
available and that do not adversely impact public safety.
Got the email myself yesterday, and ^ that is laughable. I love this country, but why does there seem to be so many knuckle-heads running the show? I signed the petition but will admit....I was kind of chuckling when I did. Why? ZERO hope that this government will look at the subject objectively. They delivered.

It would have been nice if they at least considered the US model for private ownership of suppressors.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
Got the email myself yesterday, and ^ that is laughable. I love this country, but why does there seem to be so many knuckle-heads running the show? I signed the petition but will admit....I was kind of chuckling when I did. Why? ZERO hope that this government will look at the subject objectively. They delivered.

It would have been nice if they at least considered the US model for private ownership of suppressors.
This Above X 2, Can't say I was really surprised by the outcome, as responsible gun owners, we cant be trusted, it seems by our government ?