Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 PM

Default Eye dominance issue.

So I have shot archery for many years and through various tests I came to the conclusion that my right eye is my dominant eye, but only by a very tiny bit. For most purposes I actually have no ocular dominance.
Recently though I have discovered that my right eye is not taking dominance when I mount a shotgun right handed, and when I mount the gun left handed my left eye only takes dominance about 40% of the time. So shooting left handed is not an option for me.
Placing something at the top of my glasses on the left side to partially blur that side really helps my right eye pick up dominance without obscuring my vision too much. The neat thing is that if I mount my gun 10 times with the block in place on my left lens and than take it off my right eye will still pick up the dominance for a couple of mounts before it reverts back to my left. Hopefully I will be able to eventually train my right eye to be dominant without any aids.
I just figured I would post this just in case someone had any advice for how to overcome this problem and so that maybe it will help anyone else that has the same difficulty.