Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-16-2016, 09:43 AM

Thumbs up C&dtsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohod View Post
I've been a member for 6 years now still haven't made to the new range yet though
We should organize a AO range day...

cohod
You're missing out on a lot!

Our new C&DTSA range, out by Milo, is turning into a 'world class' facility (no exaggeration) ... check it out!

Mac

P.S.
Our old Shepard range (in Calgary) has recently been given an extension for another 5 years.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:03 AM

The Milo range is a bit of a drive, but is well worth it.
Everyone I've talked to who has shot at the Milo range is very positive about it. There's still lots to do, but so far it's looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
Our new C&DTSA range, out by Milo, is turning into a 'world class' facility (no exaggeration) ... check it out!.
What work is being done at Milo this year? I hear that a rimfire range is being put in. Any details?
Old 01-16-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post

. . . What work is being done at Milo this year? I hear that a rimfire range is being put in. Any details?

Full plans for 2016 have not been completely finalized yet, but I believe a rimfire range will be included.

More details should be posted soon ... http://www.cdtsa.ca/

Mac
Old 01-16-2016, 12:26 PM

I will be at Shepard Sunday at 2pm.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:48 AM

I'll be there at 12. Orientation. I think I'll bring coffee. Not sure how many people will be there.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:04 PM

Well got the call the other day. I'm working in Las Vegas for another two weeks but once I know when I will be back, I will schedule my orientation. Pretty stoked to have made it in!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:21 PM

I got in

Got a call on Thursday evening, had my orientation this afternoon. Cheque is yet to cash (was watching my account thinking cashed cheque would be a first sign of progress...)

Asked about application/membership cap and was told that application will stay on website till Jan-31st, and than be pulled down till proper head count (or whatever the proper term is) is done. Application should go back on the website after that, if there are more open places remaining.

Prior to this meeting I heard that membership cap is 1000 or 1350 depending on the source. This is first time i heard number of 1200.

Please take above info for what it is worth - i did not pay for it, so no money back guarantee...

Now going back to sharpen some more bullets...

V-lad
Old 01-25-2016, 10:13 AM

I sent mine in Dec but it was returned and had to resend it early Jan.
Hope I still make it in, looking forward to being a member at this range. Still have my fingers cross they'll take money from my bank haha.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:19 PM

I believe their end goal is around 1300 members.

Sounds like the backlog of work had them re-adjusting their membership acceptance due to not having enough completed.

I'll see if I can get the skinny soon.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:48 AM

For the applicants who applied later, its now now stated as Feb 7/8th (forget which) is the cut-off for accepting and processing applications. This doesn't mean all applications received prior would be accepted, but they are continuing to work till this date and estimate around 1200-1300 members.

Good news for some that things might look promising.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
For the applicants who applied later, its now now stated as Feb 7/8th (forget which) is the cut-off for accepting and processing applications. This doesn't mean all applications received prior would be accepted, but they are continuing to work till this date and estimate around 1200-1300 members.

Good news for some that things might look promising.
Thanks for looking into this for us Quinn
Hopefully they cash my cheque soon, this waiting game sucks

Feb 8th is the last day they will accept members according to the website
Old 02-01-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova316 View Post

Might be in luck yet.

I'm sure it's difficult, but keep waiting. Hope you get in!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova316 View Post

The website also says that anyone applying to become a member prior to February 9th will be accepted.

I've been to the shepherd range 3 times since orientation, I just love it having a range that close to home. I'm gonna drive out to Milo tomorrow morning to check out that range, looking forward to it!

Kevin
Old 02-02-2016, 12:04 AM

ive only been once, but i plan on being there 2 times this week.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlak View Post
The website also says that anyone applying to become a member prior to February 9th will be accepted.

I've been to the shepherd range 3 times since orientation, I just love it having a range that close to home. I'm gonna drive out to Milo tomorrow morning to check out that range, looking forward to it!

Kevin
Correct.

I apologize for giving somewhat skewed information prior. It was from the horses mouth, but I've learnt that sometimes it cannot be passed on as correct.

Estimated cap around 1200-1350 all said and done, however not all applicants applying may be approved. It's up to the them to make those decisions.

Glad you guys are making use of the facilities. Milo is a great range, but pretty far for me. Sadly, only been twice on the way to Medicine Hat 3G, and then later going down to Lethbridge 3G. Both times weather was terrible. Hope you have better luck!
Old 02-05-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Might be in luck yet.

I'm sure it's difficult, but keep waiting. Hope you get in!
Got in!
Now time to book an orientation time, how exciting. They didn't cash my cheque yet but see you guys on the line.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:47 PM

I was at the range today warming up my shotgun. Didn't go well, but did notice the range was very busy. Looks like people are getting use out of their memberships and nice weather.

Careful on the hill down. Very slippery.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:36 PM

Decided to do a family drive down to Milo to get a distance and time from home. Just about 154 km from my house in NW Calgary. Long drive but I think it will be worth it. The range looks sweet! No shooting today unfortunately. Might head down there on my next set of days off!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Decided to do a family drive down to Milo to get a distance and time from home. Just about 154 km from my house in NW Calgary. Long drive but I think it will be worth it. The range looks sweet! No shooting today unfortunately. Might head down there on my next set of days off!
Yeah it's definitely a bueaty range, went down last Tuesday. I just love the set up and having that range that gets all the way out to 500, a guy definitely can't complain. Took me about an hour and a bit to get there but I live over by spruce meadows. Go do my load development at the shepherd range then drive out to Milo to test distance. Works perfectly!

Kevin
Old 02-08-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Thats about the same distance I'll drive from NW Calgary.
Its quite far but looks super promising. Getting quite excited to build a load for the 308 and get some distance out of it.