Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM

Probably wont sell elite as they probably want to get paid up front(I'm guessing that would be a good idea). No Hoyt, no Mathews, no PSE, no Bowtech likely means no business
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM

He is supposed to still be carrying Bowtech when I called.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack88 View Post
Nice thing about TB picking up Hoyt , they will atleast carry parts and accesories for Hoyt bows.....unlike SPAL.
Man, when you've relegated to selling Strother and Athens as your main show at the shop, you've got trouble.
Edmonton could use an Elite dealer though, I wonder why he didn't get that one set up?
I think you misread....he stated TB is NOT carrying Hoyt....

LC
Old 04-04-2013, 07:40 PM

Good luck getting a bowtech from them, I'm speaking from experience
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Maybe you don't pay what you owe to the distributor..... Just a nasty rumor I heard. The Hoyt and Mathews distributor are one in the same, so is SPAL still carrying Mathews?
I think SPAL's problem (if i recall correctly) is that Hoyt apparently wanted to deal direct and for some reason Dallas didn't. I honestly don't know what all that means, but that was what he personally told me.
Schian
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I think you misread....he stated TB is NOT carrying Hoyt....

LC
That I did!
Thanks LC!

I guess the Hoyt drought will continue in Edmonton!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 PM

I'm from up north, bought my bow a few years ago at SPAL's and had a great experience. My wife and I were looking for a place to buy her a bow so we googled SPAL yesterday and it took us to the old address, locked up tight, no sign they moved. Ended up driving across the city to Trophy Book and dropping $900 there. If he's still open he's a joke. Change your website, put up a sign, make an effort. Not a huge deal but I won't forget that he wasted my time.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Really Hoyt wanted to deal direct and SPAL did not want to? That's weird I wonder if Bowtech, Mathews and PSE all wanted to as well ? Lol
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean o View Post
Really Hoyt wanted to deal direct and SPAL did not want to? That's weird I wonder if Bowtech, Mathews and PSE all wanted to as well ? Lol
i'm pretty sure thats what he said, but i may have mis understood, he talks quite quickly on the phone...like i'm annoying him, ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCL View Post
I'm from up north, bought my bow a few years ago at SPAL's and had a great experience. My wife and I were looking for a place to buy her a bow so we googled SPAL yesterday and it took us to the old address, locked up tight, no sign they moved. Ended up driving across the city to Trophy Book and dropping $900 there. If he's still open he's a joke. Change your website, put up a sign, make an effort. Not a huge deal but I won't forget that he wasted my time.
the address has been updated on the website for about a month now. they moved down the road so its still on soiux road, just a different number.

Schian
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schian View Post
yep, just confirmed, 4-6 weeks, and they aren't carrying hoyt anymore....
awesome, no one in the edmonton area carries hoyt.
Dallas said calgary or lac la biche...
thats unfortunate.
Try Drayton Valley they have hoyt bows
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbarker View Post
Try Drayton Valley they have hoyt bows
yep, in the process of talkin to dudley's right now actually.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 PM

Wolverine in red deer was fantastic to deal with. Super friendly and made buying 2 new carbon elements for my cousin and myself an enjoyable experience. Highly recommended. Would gladly drive there from edmonton for that kind of customer service
Old 04-05-2013, 11:06 PM

I can almost guarantee no more hoyt because of the Bowtech Insanity. He was sponsored by Hoyt but bought an insanity and his hoyts sat on a shelf. He said the Bowtech was so good he couldn't pick up a hoyt anymore. He knew there was gonna be repercussions.

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 04-06-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
I can almost guarantee no more hoyt because of the Bowtech Insanity. He was sponsored by Hoyt but bought an insanity and his hoyts sat on a shelf. He said the Bowtech was so good he couldn't pick up a hoyt anymore. He knew there was gonna be repercussions.
I call total BS on that, total stinking BS and I wont go into detail about it on here.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:59 AM

X2 that is hilarious, I'm fairly confident he's a pathological liar so maybe he actually believes that but my guess is he's trying to convince himself he didn't **** away his meal ticket(Hoyt dealership)
Old 04-12-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
The Hoyt line was pulled from him by the distributor. He led people to believe he could still get them when he couldn't.he nice no stock , no parts. Trophy book will never be a Hoyt dealer because Hoyt uses a Canadian distributor and that distributor is very aware that Richard from Tb also owns Maple Leaf Distributors( Matthews distribution rights)

If I had to guess , Dallas has spent more than he's made IMHO .

I go o Kevin at Koiak Lake in Barrhead. He shoots Hoyt himself. I have bought my last 2 Hoyt's from him.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambino View Post
I go o Kevin at Koiak Lake in Barrhead. He shoots Hoyt himself. I have bought my last 2 Hoyt's from him.
Ya i'm talking to them right now to figure something out, seem like good people there.

Schian