Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Default Mountain hunting boots

Does anyone know of a place in Calgary that sells either Kenetrek or Meindl boots ?
Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 AM

I could not find anyplace did see they are going to have a booth in Edmonton sportsman show if that is any help.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 AM

Have you tried MEC?
Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 AM

MEC doesn't have much other then the asolos. Track and trail in Edmonton has hanwags, but $420 for a pair is a little steep for me. I haven't looked much into kenetrek or meindles, but if your looking for lowa tibets I've done a little research. There's a place in ontario called TrailHead.ca that quoted me 350 plus 20 bucks shipping for the Tibet GTX. Baker shoes in northern Cali sells the same boot for 320 I think, and claim that they're only 20 bucks shipping to Canada which I find hard to believe. I haven't seen much for meindles dealers around Edmonton.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM

Cabelas has a couple of models made for them by Meindle. I have been using their Canada hunter for years and love them, have owned several pairs. Have also tried their Alaskan Hunter. I didn't like this model as much but know alot of guys who love it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_pass88 View Post
MEC doesn't have much other then the asolos. Track and trail in Edmonton has hanwags, but $420 for a pair is a little steep for me. I haven't looked much into kenetrek or meindles, but if your looking for lowa tibets I've done a little research. There's a place in ontario called TrailHead.ca that quoted me 350 plus 20 bucks shipping for the Tibet GTX. Baker shoes in northern Cali sells the same boot for 320 I think, and claim that they're only 20 bucks shipping to Canada which I find hard to believe. I haven't seen much for meindles dealers around Edmonton.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 PM

AJ Brooks in Vancouver is the North American distributor for Meindl boots.
http://www.ajbrooks.com/Meindl
I bought a pair of Lowa's from Baker Shoes, and they were excellent to deal with, highly recommend them!

"She took all my money, she wrecked my new car, now she's with one of my good time buddies, and they're drinkin' in some cross town bar"!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 PM

no to your questions but have been wearing a set of zamberlains from mec for 2 years and they are decent, holding up well so far
Old 02-15-2012, 03:45 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. I bought some Hanwags today in Edmonton. I hope they live up to the hype. They definitely feel good on.